LOCATION: Fort Hills, Wood Buffalo, Alberta (CA-AB)
JOB NUMBER: 22485
Working as part of our upstream maintenance and reliability team, you will work in a dynamic environment to support the upkeep of the mobile mining equipment fleets.
- Collaborate with operations and maintenance to identify improvement opportunities to overall safety, availability, and reliability of mining assets
- Interact with operations, maintenance, vendors, and supply chain management for asset health and reliability
- Act as technical interface and collaborate on issue resolution with vendors
- Collaborate with vendors, service providers and maintenance engineering to facilitate equipment updates/upgrades, warranty related issues and recurring failures
- Monitor and audit long-term reliability initiatives, including reporting on reliability key performance indicators, providing resolution with other maintenance teams and implementing change if required
- Facilitate the development, implementation and annual cyclical review of asset strategies, operations and maintenance procedures, spare part strategies, and equipment strategy improvement projects
- Provide support for reviewing and trending failure patterns, identifying root cause of failures and developing reports outlining recommendations for maintenance and operations
- Support supply chain management and maintenance teams in reconciling with various vendors on a monthly basis and identifying contract gaps for the central finance team
- Support annual regulatory emissions reporting and provide emissions improvement plans
- Lead reliability engineering techniques (reliability centered maintenance, failure mode effects analysis, history trending) for equipment/component failures and investigations
Experience and Education:
- Three to five years related experience
- Previous experience with mobile mining equipment maintenance is considered an asset
- Bachelor degree in mechanical engineering
- Registration or ability to register with APEGA as a P.Eng
Skills and Knowledge:
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Project, Visio, and Powerpoint
- Working knowledge of CMMS, SAP, Livelink, and Meridium
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills with acute attention to detail and the ability to multi-task
- You are able to work effective both collaboratively and independently and consistently meet deadlines
- This is a camp-based position at the Fort Hills site
- The shift schedule is a 7 days on/ 7 days off rotation
Go ahead. Expect growth. We want you to have a job you're genuinely excited about - as well as opportunities to learn and challenge yourself or mentor others. Plus, Suncor Energy offers a flexible employee package that can be adjusted to suit the changing needs of your life, including:
- Competitive base salary and compensation programs
- Attractive annual incentive program
- Flexible benefits package
- Rewarding pension and savings plans
Our mission to create energy for a better world begins with caring about the communities we live and work in, while responding to your interests and concerns. Read our Suncor Connections newsletter to see how we're living up to our commitment to keeping you informed.
About Fort Hills
Fort Hills, a joint venture between Suncor, Total, and Teck Resources, is the largest undeveloped oil sands mining asset in the region. Located 90 kilometres north of Fort McMurray, you’ll travel in comfort from one of our Western Canadian hubs, or Fort McMurray. There, you will stay in a world class, modern yet comfortable, lodge-style accommodation. More information about life at Fort Hills is available here.
Suncor Energy is Canada's energy company - meaning rewarding opportunities for you to apply your knowledge, contribute and grow in a variety of career-building positions. Our business portfolio spans the entire energy sector, from a leadership position in oil sands development, to refining and marketing operations, natural gas, and conventional oil production, internationally and offshore East Coast Canada.
And while we are working to responsibly develop petroleum resources and contribute to the communities where we live and work, we are also developing our renewable energy portfolio, which includes wind power and biofuels.
As part of Suncor's team, you'll contribute to the ongoing success of Canada's largest energy company - one with a solid track record of growth, a focus on safety and sustainability and tremendous potential for the future. And you'll have the opportunity to learn from experts in the industry and build on your skills every day.
Suncor promotes diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Suncor is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. At Suncor, we are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and where every team member has the opportunity to reach their full potential.
Not sure if this particular listing is the right opportunity for you? Please join our Talent Community at www.suncor.com and click on Careers, or follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter for the latest job listings and employment news.
Please note that our job postings are typically open for two weeks, so if you are interested and qualified, apply now.
JOB CATEGORY: Engineering
Job description The successful candidate will join Imperial's research team that is working to continuously improve environmental performance at Imperial’s oil sands mining and in-situ...
Job description As a Crude Oil Trader at Imperial, you will work as part of a team, negotiating purchases and sales of crude oil in the highly dynamic and challenging global oil market. The...
Interface Coordinators - (ECR00014J) Description Recognized as a leader in the EPC industry and ranked as the #2 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine for the...
In Repsol we are committed to equal opportunities and non-discrimination. Therefore when you submit your application we do not ask for personal data such as age, gender, photograph, or any other...
Our client is looking for an individual to complete a one year contract in Calgary AB as a Procurement Advisor. This is a great opportunity for an Intermediate Contract Buyer with a strong...
Do you place a high priority on upholding a health and safety conscious environment. Our client is looking for a Field Engineer to complete an eight month contract in Fort McMurray. This is a...
Job description The successful candidate will join Imperial's research team that is working to...
Job description As a Crude Oil Trader at Imperial, you will work as part of a team, negotiating...
Interface Coordinators - (ECR00014J) Description Recognized as a leader in the EPC industry and...
In Repsol we are committed to equal opportunities and non-discrimination. Therefore when you...
Our client is looking for an individual to complete a one year contract in Calgary AB as a...
Do you place a high priority on upholding a health and safety conscious environment. Our...