At Abbott, we're committed to helping you live your best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 99,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve.
Abbott Point of Care is a worldwide leader in providing with-patient care solutions that are intuitive, reliable, and cost-effective for our customers. By delivering lab-quality results in minutes, our i-STAT® System family of with-patient products and services fosters a collaborative, patient-centred environment while driving operational performance. We are headquartered in Princeton, New Jersey, with more than 1,500 global employees and a presence in 84 countries. Our 46,500 square metre, state-of-the-art manufacturing facility, Abbott Pointe, is located in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.
Status: Full Time/Permanent
As a primary production role incumbent, will ensure the safe and efficient day-to-day operation of manufacturing equipment and processes in Assembly. Working as part of a team incumbent will effectively collaborate with all members of the operations team and extended support teams.
- Collaborate and coordinate with Manual, CALA and CRD Cartridge Assembly teams to maximize quality, efficiency and throughput.
- Follow engineering instructions as they apply to builds or experiments.
- Prepare, deliver and load/unload defined material onto Assembly Line machines according to documented procedures.
- Set up and run die pick and place machines.
- Ensure Assembly lines and die pick and place stations are properly set up and maintained.
- Observe all policies and procedures for proper use of equipment and material.
- Maintain accurate Assembly Lab inventory control; minimize material scrap and material preparation, including chips and wafers in the fridges.
- Demonstrate compliance with established material handling practices while handling and transporting material.
- Perform accurate inventory transactions according to documentation including receiving/removing material, moving inventory locations, saving trays etc.
- Accurately, enter and save data as defined by process documentation.
- Inspect material, including chips, according to documentation to ensure that the Assembly lines are supplied with high quality material.
- Deliver accurate, timely, and legible record keeping in compliance with procedures, abiding by GMP standards and practices.
- Demonstrate compliant gowning and clean room techniques and maintain an organized, tidy and clean workspace in support of 5s.
- Communicate ideas and suggestions for improving Assembly practices to Assembly Leadership.
- Understand and comply with applicable EH&S policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Safeguard the environment and facilitate a safe and healthy workplace culture.
- Staff manual line positions as scheduled.
- Other miscellaneous duties as may be required.
Required Education and Experience:
- High School diploma.
- A minimum of 1-3 years’ experience in high volume Manufacturing required, with 5+ years preferred.
- Strong mechanical, communication, teamwork and trouble-shooting skills.
Abbott Canada is committed to the hiring, advancement and fair treatment of individuals without discrimination based on factors such as race, sex, colour, ethnic or national origin, religion, disability, age, citizenship, family or marital status, political beliefs, sexual preference or other factors included in human rights legislation.
Our diversity goals for recruitment, hiring, and retention are embedded in our corporate goals, and our diversity initiatives are supported by the highest level of the organization.
We strongly believe that a diverse workforce fosters more creative and innovative thinking throughout the organization. Creating an inclusive environment, where everyone is respected and valued, enables us to leverage our diversity as a business driver and strengthens our position as a global leader.
Abbott strives to promote and maintain an inclusive, high-performing culture that allows all employees to reach their full potential and contribute to Abbott’s success.
APOC Point of Care
Canada > Ottawa : 185 Corkstown Road
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:
Continuous standing for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Office Admin & Legal - Ottawa MaxSys is currently looking for a Records Management Clerk, Senior for our Federal Client. Qualifications: Education: Secondary school diploma is...
Please Note: If you are a current Hydro Ottawa employee with access to Workday, apply to this job via the Workday application. By generating and distributing power, each person at Hydro Ottawa is...
Worker Sub-Type: Regular Job Description: BlackBerry is looking for three security software developers to join our BlackBerry Jarvis team. The Jarvis product is a platform for automating the...
Dock Coordinator ID#190000AI( Job Number: 190000AI) Description Taleo Job Posting Template – External POSITION: Dock Coordinator COMPANY: Nestlé Waters...
Material Handler - Seasonal ID#1900007S( Job Number: 1900007S) Description POSITION: Material Handler - Seasonal (until September 2019) COMPANY: Nestlé Waters Canada DEPARTMENT:...
About Contact Newsroom For Professionals For Policymakers MyDC Careers Membership Shop DONATE About Diabetes Diabetes & You In Your Community Research How You Can Help Publications...
Office Admin & Legal - Ottawa MaxSys is currently looking for a Records Management Clerk, Senior...
Please Note: If you are a current Hydro Ottawa employee with access to Workday, apply to this...
Worker Sub-Type: Regular Job Description: BlackBerry is looking for three security software...
Dock Coordinator ID#190000AI( Job Number: 190000AI) Description Taleo Job Posting Template –...
Material Handler - Seasonal ID#1900007S( Job Number: 1900007S) Description POSITION: ...
About Contact Newsroom For Professionals For...