Retail Store Opportunities
- Detain and interview persons apprehended for shoplifting in accordance with local laws and company procedures
- Check physical security of The Home Depot facilities to prevent and deter theft/fraudulent activity
- Represent the Home Depot in a professional manner throughout all court-related procedures
- Communicate with the DAPM on internal and external investigations and physical security within the store
- Maintain an open channel of communication with store management and all associates
- Write reports documenting apprehensions and recoveries
- Drive a ‘Shrink Elimination’ culture within the store environment
- Participate in the In Focus program
- Partner with store management to drive LP issues
- Meet all Home Depot and LP training and certification requirements
- Create associate awareness for shrink issues related to internal and external theft, operational deficiencies and physical security
- Effectively support the LP Team Plan
- Effectively utilize CCTV and Electronic Article Surveillance (EAS) systems
- Test building alarm system
- Conduct surveillance when required
- Set challenging objectives and communicate clear expectations
- Demonstrate a clear bias for action and a sense of urgency on priorities
- Take ownership of success/failures of initiatives and processes.
- Understand and use financial indicators/metrics to measure the performance of his/her business unit/function and the business as a whole
- Plan strategically to create growth, improve financial performance, and gain competitive advantage as a manager
- Set and communicate high standards for achievement
- Use sound judgement and makes good decisions in a timely manner.
- Treat internal customers (Home Depot Associates) with the highest level of responsiveness
- Demonstrate behaviors and work styles that are consistent with The Home Depot values
- Stand up for what is right in the face of opposition at any level
- Form and maintain effective partnerships across organizational boundaries to share information
- Safety expectations for this role are outlined under The Home Depot Canada Environmental Health & Safety Management system element under "Worker".
- Other tasks and responsibilities assigned by supervisor
- Must fulfill minimum time-in-position and performance management code requirements of V2 (or P3= in the previous system)
- 1+ year(s) experience as a retail-related Loss Prevention Investigator (or equivalent) preferred
- Competent in the use of retail CCTV systems
- Understanding of external theft surveillance and apprehension methodologies
- Excellent analytical skills as well as strong verbal
- Law and Security Diploma or equivalent (Preferred, but not mandatory)
- Valid Security License as required by the Province
Thank you for applying for a new position within The Home Depot. We appreciate your desire to continue to help us make a difference in the lives of our customers. Please note applications will only be accepted online and only those candidates under consideration will be contacted.
D35 - Instore LP Assoc
Last Date to Apply
THE OPPORTUNITY IS HERE! Gate Controller - Creston-18013454 Job Function : Logistics Primary Location : Canada-British Columbia-Creston-Creston Brewery Schedule : Full-time Job...
THE OPPORTUNITY IS HERE! Quality Manager-18012716 Job Function : Manufacturing Primary Location : Canada-British Columbia-Creston-Creston Brewery Schedule : Full-time Job Type : Permanent Posting...
Organization Overview Aecon Group Inc. is Canada’s premier construction and infrastructure development company and partner-of-choice for large-scale construction projects. Aecon provides...
Are you passionate about mitigating risk? We have a career opportunity in the greater Vancouver area for a Loss Control Representative. We are open to exploring talent with practical experience...
Civeo is a global workforce accommodation specialist that helps people maintain healthy, productive and connected lives while living and working away from home. Our unique approach focuses on...
Field and Infusion Nurse - 00001Q8H Are you looking to make a difference in a patient’s life? At Innomar Strategies, a company of AmerisourceBergen, you will find an innovative culture that is...
THE OPPORTUNITY IS HERE! Gate Controller - Creston-18013454 Job Function : Logistics Primary...
THE OPPORTUNITY IS HERE! Quality Manager-18012716 Job Function : Manufacturing Primary...
Organization Overview Aecon Group Inc. is Canada’s premier construction and infrastructure...
Are you passionate about mitigating risk? We have a career opportunity in the greater Vancouver...
Civeo is a global workforce accommodation specialist that helps people maintain healthy,...
Field and Infusion Nurse - 00001Q8H Are you looking to make a difference in a patient’s life? ...