A Sustainable, Forward Thinking Protein Company
Maple Leaf Foods is a leading meat and plant-based protein company, employing over 11,500 people and publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange. We are proud of our roots, which trace back well over 100 years, but our vision and purpose are decidedly forward looking. As we pursue our vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, we are committed to creating shared value – creative business value through addressing some of the world’s most critical social and environmental challenges. Our goal is to build a more sustainable food system, which provides nutritious affordable food, operates within planetary limits, cares for animals responsibly, and meaningfully engages with our communities to advance a more just society. We are advancing bold changes within Maple Leaf and more broadly within society to pursue our vision. We deeply believe this is the sustainable path to growth.
Our job is to make great food
Maple Leaf Foods embraces a strong values-based culture, where our people are deeply engaged in work that is purposeful, fast-paced and challenging. We cultivate an open, non-bureaucratic and inclusive workplace that fosters safety and transparency, along with individual leadership and accountability. Each Maple Leaf team member has a voice and plays an active role in helping all of us achieve our goals with passion and discipline. We support one another to grow professionally, to learn new skills and to take on challenging experiences in the spirit of continuous improvement.
Raise the Good in Food
We have united behind a shared purpose – to Raise the Good in Food. This spans a dramatic transformation of our flagship Maple Leaf brand, replacing anything artificial with simple, natural ingredients; investments and process changes to reduce our environmental footprint by 50% by 2025; building a diverse and inclusive culture where all talent thrives; becoming a leader in animal care; and advancing food security through our charitable foundation, the Maple Leaf Centre for Action on Food Security.
Our Leadership Values
- Six core values guide us in everything that we do.
- Do what’s right
- Deliver winning results
- Build collaborative teams
- Get things done in a fact-based, disciplined way
- Learn and grow, inwardly and outwardly
- Dare to be transparent, passionate and humble
Logistics Coordinator Frozen - Lethbridge
Coordinate transfers from Plant to 3PL. Invoice all products except Japan chilled and hides including export loads from 3PL. Prepare export documents that meet requirements of importing countries. Coordinate communication of domestic orders with plant and carriers. Trouble shoot all issues with logistics.
Most difficult/demanding part of this job
High level of urgency and accuracy required while working on multiple orders with frequent interruptions and new events that require alteration of schedules and communication of changes to all concerned. Impacting carrier selection when lowest cost is from carriers that provide good service and good communication but don’t have the lowest invoice cost.
Working conditions involved in this job are:
Shared office space, quick pace, working on computer, phone, printer.
Working in refrigerated areas where product and people are moving.
Qualifications, experience and/or training required for this job are:
- Good computer skills - MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook),
- High degree of clerical accuracy,
- Knowledge of labeling and export documentation requirements by Country of Destination
- Able to work productively and accurately while advancing multiple orders in progress
- Skilful communicator – verbal, written and listening skills
- Can work in extremely fast-paced environment where unexpected problem solving is a routine occurrence
- Has the flexibility to do what is required to facilitate on time deliveries and meet deadlines.
Ideal personality strengths/attributes/characteristics for this job are:
- Flexible and adaptable,
- Problem solving
- Meticulous and thorough, good with details,
- Able to make decisions on the go and communicate changing schedules
- Ability to independently prioritize – take the initiative,
- Positive attitude
- Shipments leave plant or storage on time and in good condition
- Invoices and export documents are timely, complete and accurate
- Logistical issues are expedited to maximize value of shipments and customer satisfaction
- Sales department and receiving Customer/Overseas Offices are up to date on status of shipments
- Labels are printed as needed by the Plant
- Customer receives correct order in good condition and on time
- Order Entry and printing picks for Domestic orders
- Handling sales to staff
- Estimate and record freight costs in computer system
- Contact carrier (truckers and steamship lines) to book the necessary equipment to move cargo
- Coordinates pick up and delivery schedules for inland shipments, ocean carriers, warehouses, and production/shipping
- Issues loading instructions to storage, carrier(s) and production/shipping group
- Liaise between sales group, production/shipping group and customers/overseas offices on product shipment details
- Prepare, compile and send documentation including CFIA and export Country documents required for the shipment and ownership transfer of product
- Ensure accuracy estimates of freight, warehouse and all other shipment related costs
- Trouble-shoot logistical issues to ensure that customer service levels are not impacted
- Communicate any issues which may potentially impact customer service to sales group and customers/overseas offices and provides support to resolve these issues
- File documentation in orderly manner
CANDIDATES AS DETERMINED BY RESUME EXPERIENCE WILL BE CONSIDERED AND/OR INTERVIEWED
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at firstname.lastname@example.org . Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible
Food Service Supervisor (NOC 6311) Shiv Kishan 5 Corporation o/a Subway Sandwiches and Salads Job details Location: Lethbridge, AB Salary: $15.96 / hour Vacancies: 1 Vacancy Employment groups:...
Hello, it’s a new day, and time to answer the call to elevate your career and make life accessible for all. Our compassion and knowledge set us apart. With kindness and expertise, we support...
Food Service Supervisor (NOC 6311) Shiv Kishan 5 Corporation o/a Subway Sandwiches and...
Hello, it’s a new day, and time to answer the call to elevate your career and make life...