Liquids Pipelines Engineering Co-op/Internship Student
Reference Code: 46598
Location: Canada (CA) - Calgary, AB
Job Category: Engineering; Student Opportunities
Employment Type: Co-op Student Full-time
Relocation Eligibility: This position is eligible for our domestic relocation program
STUDENT CO-OP/INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITY: 16-month term, starting May 2018.
The Canadian Liquids Projects department is seeking co-op students to support the development and implementation of new and existing pipeline projects. Projects will be completed in accordance with TransCanada’s Project Delivery Standard (PDS).
Reporting to the Manager of Canadian Liquids Projects, the successful candidate will support the assigned Project Manager or Project Engineer in the development of new or existing projects through the proposal, definition and implementation phases.
- Support and help coordinate feasibility studies, capital cost estimates, milestone schedules, execution plans, risk analyses and conceptual and preliminary engineering design work;
- Represent and coordinate project development and implementation inputs from all relevant areas of Operations, Engineering, Environment, Project Valuations, Business Development as well external agencies and consultants;
- Interact effectively with all team members and multiple stakeholders both internally and externally;
- Support and help manage budgets, approvals, schedules, and deliverables;
- Work with lead discipline engineers to optimize the development and implementation of projects, delivering the required levels review and quality control;
- Prepare calculations, designs, specifications, conceptual studies, reports, and proposals;
- Support company processes including Engineering Standards, Management of Change, and Project Management Procedures;
- Perform other related duties as business needs arise and skills and interests align;
- Provide project field support during construction and commissioning activities;
- Other tasks, as required.
Qualifications and Education
- Must be enrolled in a registered co-op/internship engineering program at a recognized post-secondary institution;
- Strong interpersonal and communicative skills to work efficiently in a collaborative team environment;
- Strong attention to detail and well-developed written and verbal skills;
- Ability to multitask effectively and good time management skills;
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills;
- Proficient in MS Office (Microsoft Access database skills would be an asset).
- Must be enrolled in a Bachelor of Engineering or Bachelor of Applied Science in Engineering;
- Preference given to those studying energy or environmental engineering;
- Must have completed third year of studies towards a BEng or BASc degree in Engineering.
*Depending on the qualifications of the applicants, the successful candidate may be offered a position at a more appropriate level and/or ladder.
Applicants must have legal authorization to work in the country in which the position is based with no restrictions.
Applicants who require accommodation at any stage of the application process or if you would like additional information regarding TransCanada's accommodation policies please contact firstname.lastname@example.org .
All positions require background screening. Some include criminal and/or credit checks in order to comply with regulations.
Please apply to this posting by 01/26/2018. To apply, go to jobs.transcanada.com and enter reference code 46598. Only applications submitted through the TransCanada Careers website will be acknowledged.
TransCanada is an equal opportunity employer.
Make what you do matter.
At TransCanada we dream big, think big and do big things. For over 65 years, we've had the vision and scale to deliver big things that matter to the world. From supplying reliable and efficient energy to millions of North Americans with our pipelines, gas storage and power generation facilities, we believe in making big things possible.
TransCanada is looking for people who are willing to think about the future...and think big. We're looking for people who are ready to take on the most significant challenges of their careers and define energy infrastructure in North America.
Thank you for choosing TransCanada in your career search.
Engineering Co-op Student - (ECR000116) Description Recognized as a leader in the EPC industry and ranked as the #2 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine for the...
City: Calgary, Alberta, Canada Employment Type: Student Internship Meet our professionals Canada-That's CGI Position Description: CGI is the World’s 5th largest independent IT and business process...
Click the Apply link to create your Job Application Job Description Summary The Energy Engineer II will support the development and delivery of energy efficiency programs by providing engineering...
Flatiron is one of North America’s leading transportation and infrastructure companies. Flatiron builds roads, highways, bridges, rail, airports, dams, industrial, water and underground projects...
General Information Reporting to the Manager, Liquids Facilities & Canadian Project Development, the position is part of a dynamic team responsible for the development, design, construction,...
Design Specialist I - Access Engineering (Calgary) - TEC10719-18 Description Are you ready to use your engineering, critical thinking, strong interpersonal skills and strategic acumen to drive...
Engineering Co-op Student - (ECR000116) Description Recognized as a leader in the EPC industry...
City: Calgary, Alberta, Canada Employment Type: Student Internship Meet our...
Click the Apply link to create your Job Application Job Description Summary The Energy Engineer...
Flatiron is one of North America’s leading transportation and infrastructure...
General Information Reporting to the Manager, Liquids Facilities & Canadian Project Development,...
Design Specialist I - Access Engineering (Calgary) - TEC10719-18 Description Are you ready to...