DASCH is a non-profit organization established in 1974 dedicated to exploring and meeting the residential, day program, respite and foster care needs of youth and adults. We support people living in over 50 homes and 4 day programs throughout Winnipeg. People can participate in personalized social, educational, vocational and recreational services that provide learning opportunities and greater independence. DASCH is truly committed to enhancing and uplifting the lives of the people it supports through education, awareness, understanding and the highest degree of respect for all.
Life Skills Facilitator
Under the direction of the Manager of Specialized Support and Resource Services (SSRS), the responsibilities of a Life Skills Facilitator supports determining the appropriate and attainable educational, social, vocational, self-advocacy goals for each client. This includes providing consultative life skills, communication and behavior services to adults and youth living with developmental disabilities.
Role & Responsibilities
- Support in developing and implementing integrated life skills, communication and behavior treatment plans that will meet the overall needs of adults and youth living with developmental disabilities.
- Identify and assess life skills, communication and behavior needs of our clients
- Deliver services to ensure the life skills, communication and behavior needs of our clients are met (may be addressed as part of an interdisciplinary team or support network).
- Submit comprehensive notes detailing services provided to each client.
- Attend clients’ IPP meetings when requested to do so.
- Develop and maintain community partnerships to provide learning opportunities for clients.
- Facilitate skill-building workshops to promote client independence
- Perform training needs analysis to establish training requirements.
- Provide consultative services to clients through caregivers, families, respite workers, treatment staff, and provide regular feedback to these mediators on their performance.
- Complete and maintain required documentation in a well written, legible manner as outlined in the organizational policies and procedures.
- Keep up-to-date and accurate file documentation on all necessary information as outlined in the organizational policies and procedures.
Skills & Qualifications
- Degree in Social Services; specialization in related field an asset.
- Experience in Applied Behaviour Analysis is an asset.
- At least five years’ experience with designing and implementing life skills/communication/behavior services for individuals with developmental disabilities.
- Certification in Non-Violent Crisis Intervention within three months of hire.
- Sound knowledge of developmental disabilities and experience working in the field.
- Current Emergency Level first aid certificate.
- Full Class 5 Driver’s License and access to a vehicle for work.
- Demonstrated skills and ability to work in a team environment.
- Excellent written and interpersonal skills are required.
Wage: DASCH offers a competitive compensation and benefits package.
How to Apply: Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Closing Date: Wednesday, January 24 at 4:00pm
Thank-you for your interest in DASCH; however, only successful candidates will be contacted.
DASCH requires a criminal record check, adult abuse registry check and child abuse registry check prior to commencement of employment. DASCH will accept existing criminal record checks if dated within 3 months of your application date. You may be required to apply for a criminal record check in-person if you have lived in the province of Manitoba for less than 1 year. In-person criminal record checks can be obtained at 245 Smith Street, Winnipeg. You may also apply for a criminal record check online, with a valid credit card, at https://policeinformationcheck.winnipeg.ca/ DASCH will apply for your adult and child abuse registry checks should you be a successful candidate. Obtaining these documents is not a guarantee of employment.
Position #20008822 Adult Radiology Support Services provides diagnostic services on campus at the Health Sciences Centre as well as at a satellite office located at 435 Ellice Ave. This position...
Position #20009358 Master’s of Science Degree in Genetics or Genetics Counselling from a recognized training program required. Board eligible/board certified with the Canadian Association of...
Position #20082586 Complete high school education, Manitoba standards, required. Successful completion of a recognized Unit Clerk training program required. Medical terminology (75 % pass mark)...
Position #20007901 CRNM Registration required. Minimum of two years current pediatric nursing experience is required. Experience in gastroenterology an asset. Community Health...
Req Id 76506 - Posted 01/05/2018 - Protective Services - Physical Security - Canada - Manitoba - Winnipeg Garda World Proective Service is looking for a full-time guard to work at a NVCI a. *...
Garda World Proective Service is looking for a full-time guard to work at a NVCI Ensure you are properly dressed and ready for duty at the start of the shift; Periodic internal and external...
Position #20008822 Adult Radiology Support Services provides diagnostic services on campus at...
Position #20009358 Master’s of Science Degree in Genetics or Genetics Counselling from a...
Position #20082586 Complete high school education, Manitoba standards, required. Successful...
Position #20007901 CRNM Registration required. Minimum of two years current pediatric nursing...
Req Id 76506 - Posted 01/05/2018 - Protective Services - Physical Security - Canada - Manitoba -...
Garda World Proective Service is looking for a full-time guard to work at a NVCI Ensure you are...