DASCH is a non-profit organization established in 1974 dedicated to exploring and meeting the residential, day program, respite and foster care needs of youth and adults. We support people living in over 50 homes and 4 day programs throughout Winnipeg. People can participate in personalized social, educational, vocational and recreational services that provide learning opportunities and greater independence. DASCH is truly committed to enhancing and uplifting the lives of the people it supports through education, awareness, understanding and the highest degree of respect for all.
Life Skills Facilitator
Under the direction of the Manager of Specialized Support and Resource Services (SSRS), the responsibilities of a Life Skills Facilitator supports determining the appropriate and attainable educational, social, vocational, self-advocacy goals for each client. This includes providing consultative life skills, communication and behavior services to adults and youth living with developmental disabilities.
Role & Responsibilities
- Support in developing and implementing integrated life skills, communication and behavior treatment plans that will meet the overall needs of adults and youth living with developmental disabilities.
- Identify and assess life skills, communication and behavior needs of our clients
- Deliver services to ensure the life skills, communication and behavior needs of our clients are met (may be addressed as part of an interdisciplinary team or support network).
- Submit comprehensive notes detailing services provided to each client.
- Attend clients’ IPP meetings when requested to do so.
- Develop and maintain community partnerships to provide learning opportunities for clients.
- Facilitate skill-building workshops to promote client independence
- Perform training needs analysis to establish training requirements.
- Provide consultative services to clients through caregivers, families, respite workers, treatment staff, and provide regular feedback to these mediators on their performance.
- Complete and maintain required documentation in a well written, legible manner as outlined in the organizational policies and procedures.
- Keep up-to-date and accurate file documentation on all necessary information as outlined in the organizational policies and procedures.
Skills & Qualifications
- Degree in Social Services; specialization in related field an asset.
- Experience in Applied Behaviour Analysis is an asset.
- At least five years’ experience with designing and implementing life skills/communication/behavior services for individuals with developmental disabilities.
- Certification in Non-Violent Crisis Intervention within three months of hire.
- Sound knowledge of developmental disabilities and experience working in the field.
- Current Emergency Level first aid certificate.
- Full Class 5 Driver’s License and access to a vehicle for work.
- Demonstrated skills and ability to work in a team environment.
- Excellent written and interpersonal skills are required.
Wage: DASCH offers a competitive compensation and benefits package.
How to Apply: Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Closing Date: Wednesday, January 24 at 4:00pm
Thank-you for your interest in DASCH; however, only successful candidates will be contacted.
DASCH requires a criminal record check, adult abuse registry check and child abuse registry check prior to commencement of employment. DASCH will accept existing criminal record checks if dated within 3 months of your application date. You may be required to apply for a criminal record check in-person if you have lived in the province of Manitoba for less than 1 year. In-person criminal record checks can be obtained at 245 Smith Street, Winnipeg. You may also apply for a criminal record check online, with a valid credit card, at https://policeinformationcheck.winnipeg.ca/ DASCH will apply for your adult and child abuse registry checks should you be a successful candidate. Obtaining these documents is not a guarantee of employment.
Req Id: 215285 Bell is a truly Canadian company with over 138 years of success. We are defined by the passion of our team members and their belief inour company’s vast potential. To ensure we...
Description Lac La Ronge Indian Band Indian Child & Family Services Agency Requires One (1) Prevention Services Youth Workers Sucker River Position Description/Summary: Prevention Services...
Reporter/Editor, assigned to Online (English Services) - WIN00723 Job Family Programming (TV-Radio-Web) Primary Location Winnipeg Position Language Requirement English Only Language Skill Levels...
A Sustainable Protein Company We are proud of our roots, which we can trace back over 100 years, but our vision and purpose are decidedly forward looking. As we pursue our vision to become the...
Req Id 84201 - Posted 09/28/2018 - Protective Services - Physical Security - Canada - Manitoba - Winnipeg We are looking to add to our Security Services team an Account Manager based in...
B/E Aerospace, a wholly owned subsidiary of Rockwell Collins Inc., is a leading manufacturer of aircraft interior products and solutions. B/E’s Integration Engineering offers a variety of...
Req Id: 215285 Bell is a truly Canadian company with over 138 years of success. We are defined...
Description Lac La Ronge Indian Band Indian Child & Family Services Agency Requires One (1)...
Reporter/Editor, assigned to Online (English Services) - WIN00723 Job Family Programming...
A Sustainable Protein Company We are proud of our roots, which we can trace back over 100 years,...
Req Id 84201 - Posted 09/28/2018 - Protective Services - Physical Security - Canada - Manitoba -...
B/E Aerospace, a wholly owned subsidiary of Rockwell Collins Inc., is a leading manufacturer of...