- Registration with BC College of Nurses and Midwives as a practicing LPN registrant.
- The following courses are a must: completion of a Pharmacology course, Head to toe Assessment, Taking and Transcribing Doctor’s Orders, IV Therapy.
- All other courses deemed necessary to keep LPN licensure current in accordance to the BCCNP.
- Knowledge of Psychosocial Rehabilitation practice.
- Knowledge of psychiatric medication and side-effects.
- Class V BC Drivers License. Use of own vehicle is required for travel.
- Certificates in CPR and First Aid.
- Three years recent experience working in the mental health field or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Ability to work with individuals with mental health issues.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work.
- Computer Skills.
View Terrace Community