Position #20081282 (U5N5)
ALL VGH EMPLOYEES REFLECT OUR HOSPITAL'S PHILOSOPHY BY CONTINUOUSLY PROVIDING QUALITY SERVICE/CARE.
- Current registration with the College of Licensed Practical Nurses of Manitoba.
- One year current relevant clinical nursing experience required.
- Satisfactory employment record required.
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrates ability to provide continuous quality patient care.
- Accepts and works within the framework of the Hospital and Nursing Service Department's philosophy, objectives and policies.
- Practices nursing based on current nursing practices which are substantiated by scientific nursing rationale using the nursing process.
- Demonstrates excellent communication and organization skills, ensuring effective interpersonal and interdepartmental communication.
- Is aware of and participates in his/her own professional development and assists in staff and student development.
- Participates in patient and family teaching.
- Participates in patient discharge planning in co-operation with other team members.
- Adheres to all safety and health regulations and demonstrates safe work practices.
Note: This job description is representative and should not be construed as being all inclusive.
This position is subject to a Criminal Record Check including Vulnerable Sector Search, a Child Abuse Registry Check and an Adult Abuse Registry Check (valid within 6 months of issue). The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred.
Please note that an employee is not permitted to hold two or more EFT positions greater than 1.0 combined across the WRHA legal entity (Deer Lodge Centre, Grace Hospital, Health Sciences Centre, Middlechurch Home of Winnipeg, River Park Gardens, Victoria General Hospital, WRHA Corporate Programs, WRHA Community Health Services). Consider this prior to applying for positions, as Employees in this situation cannot be awarded an additional position that will put them over full-time (1.0 EFT).
This is a part-time permanent position working a rotation of 8 weeks on and 8 weeks off. This is an "Until Filled" position. Community Nursing is committed to excellence in the provision of...
Epic Opportunities vision is for all people to be valued members of the community, have significant personal networks, equal access to opportunities and to contribute to a better society. Our...
Can DO People is a nonprofit agency providing a day program for adults diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder, intellectual disabilities and/or exceptional behaviours. The individuals in the...
CHILD AND FAMILY ALL NATIONS COORDINATED RESPONSE NETWORK EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY – Competition #2018-769 ANCR (Child and Family All Nations Coordinated Response Network) delivers centralized,...
Winnserv is dedicated to supporting people with intellectual disabilities to live and actively participate in their community through all stages of their adult life. We provide residential...
Description The Assiniboia Early Childhood Coalition opened a new Family Centre which now houses the Tot Spot activities (indoor play space for children 0-5)this past Fall. We are currently...
This is a part-time permanent position working a rotation of 8 weeks on and 8 weeks off. This is...
Epic Opportunities vision is for all people to be valued members of the community, have...
Can DO People is a nonprofit agency providing a day program for adults diagnosed with Autism...
CHILD AND FAMILY ALL NATIONS COORDINATED RESPONSE NETWORK EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY – Competition...
Winnserv is dedicated to supporting people with intellectual disabilities to live and actively...
Description The Assiniboia Early Childhood Coalition opened a new Family Centre which now houses...