Director of Corporate Validation and Legal Documentation and Covenant Control – New York Branch
MISSION AND OBJECTIVES
Operations Americas, supports the business via eight units; Control & Regulatory Oversight, Product Control, Trade Processing, Loans and Trade Finance Operations, Credit Middle Office, Trade and Treasury Solutions Middle Office, Collateral Management and Treasury Liquidity & Forecasting Management. The Control unit manages and mitigates credit risk and operational risk across several axes with continual review, enhancement and deployment of operational and risk controls to ensure adherence to the evolving regulatory environment, firm policies and procedures, and industry best practice.
The Corporate Credit Control (3C) is a part of the Control & Regulatory Oversight function. 3C’s scope is lending activities. The Legal Documentation and Covenant Control Team is part of Corporate Credit Control.
The Responsibilities of the Legal Documentation and Covenant Control Team includes, but is not limited to:
• Acknowledge receipt of conditions precedent (CP’s) for new closings and amendments.
• Review Legal Documentation (for the marketing groups assigned) for accuracy and completeness of same.
• Verify Legal Documentation against FC-1s, Loan Summaries, Committee Minutes, Approvals and Guaranty Forms (ATLAS II)
• Monitor and update the legal doc/covenant related tracking log.
• Submit Shared National Credit (SNC) NY booked client and facility information for eligible clients/facilities in the eSNC system on a quarterly basis. Organize and distribute consolidated results for the United States to Compliance/Regulatory Affairs.
• Participation in the response to various audits, including Internal and Head Officer audits of 3C and various Marketing Groups
• Prepare monthly notification to account officers for UCC searches and continuations.
• Log and index file recorded UCC information
• Review of Legal Documentation for potential Notes to be Pledged to the Federal Reserve (BIC) and safekeeping of docs
• Review and distribution of daily and monthly Covenants default and exception reports, legal doc exception reports and periodic input status report as needed.
• Respond to legal document and file requests and any questions relating thereto.
• Monitor input and release of stock certificates in the vault
• Reconcile documentation, covenant and guaranty exceptions and defaults with ITO MO/business
• Log, index, file and archive documentation in SharePoint
• Investigate and respond to subpoena searches requested by the legal department
• Update ORUS test cases on a daily basis as needed.
• Maintain strong communications and partnerships with ITO MO, Risk and business partners.
• Participate in cross training to improve knowledge, contributions and synergies between teams.
• Identify ways to improve and create process efficiencies
• Back-up the Head of the Legal Docs team as necessary and requested by management.
• Assist in the training of new 3C team members
Special Projects and Reporting
• Prepare Legal/Covenants Exception reports, Review and validate Guarantee Report (monthly), Shared National Credit Report (quarterly) and other reports as necessary
• Assist with the preparation of the 3C Monthly Scorecard
• UAT testing as required
• Update daily tracking log for controls and KPI’s
• Special Projects as required
TRAINING AND OCCUPATIONAL EXPERIENCE
• Undergraduate degree – Paralegal certificate preferable
• 4 – 5 years large law firm experience specializing in corporate banking or 4 -5 years documentation control experience in a commercial bank.
• Familiarity with secured lending transitions and complex legal agreements
• Ability to be a working Team Leader, insuring the team is performing all required control
• Excellent communication skills in daily relations with other departments
ESSENTIAL SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS
• Attention to detail, high degree of accuracy
• Able to establish and maintain a team oriented environment
• Strong communication skills (oral & written)
• Sense of initiative
• Proficient knowledge of Excel and Word
Regulatory Registration Requirement:
A recruitment policy that promotes equity and diversity:
Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
We pride ourselves in applying non-discrimination rules to all our recruitments.
We will only contact the candidates selected who meet the job requirements in terms of training and experience.
About BNP Paribas
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. It has a presence in 73 countries, with more than 195,000 employees, including more than 148,000 in Europe. The Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporates and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance. In Europe, the Group has four domestic markets (Belgium, France, Italy and Luxembourg) and BNP Paribas Personal Finance is the leader in consumer lending. BNP Paribas is rolling out its integrated retail-banking model in Mediterranean countries, in Turkey, in Eastern Europe and a large network in the western part of the United States. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas also enjoys top positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas as well as a solid and fast-growing business in Asia-Pacific.
About BNP Paribas Corporate and Institutional Banking
Fully integrated in the BNP Paribas Group, BNP Paribas Corporate and Institutional Banking (CIB) is a leading provider of solutions to two client franchises: corporates and institutionals, and operates across EMEA (Europe Middle East Africa), APAC (Asia Pacific) and the Americas. The bank is a global leader in Debt Capital Markets and Derivatives. It is a top European house in Equity Capital Markets and it has leading franchises in Specialized Financing. In Securities Services, it is a top five House worldwide. BNP Paribas CIB strives to service the global economy by providing solutions to its clients in financing (ECM, DCM, specialized financing), flow banking (trade finance and cash management), financial advisory (M&A, project finance), global markets (interest rates, credit, foreign exchange, equity derivatives), risk management, and securities services.
About BNP Paribas in Canada
In Canada, BNP Paribas is one of the dominant foreign banks in the country and is committed to building its platform even further. Since becoming the operational hub for the Group’s activities in North America in 2013, it has grown significantly to reach more than 700 employees and is expected to continue growing in the coming years. With the continued development of technology and financial fields, BNP Paribas Canada continues to attract experts with diverse backgrounds as well as young and ambitious talent from across the globe. With the international mobility and capacity that very few companies can offer, BNP Paribas prides itself in providing a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow.
Primary Location: CA-QC-MontréalJob Type: Standard / PermanentJob: LEGAL AND TAXEducation Level: Bachelor Degree or equivalent (3 years)Experience Level: At least 5 yearsSchedule: Full-time
Associate, Underwriting, CIBC Innovation Banking Requisition ID : 18018184 Position Type: Regular Position Status: Full Time Job : Commercial/Business Banking Work...
Description Job Reference #: 180331BR Business Divisions: Corporate Center Your role: Are you interested by regulatory developments and assessing their impact on the financial service industry?...
Req Id: 215982 Bell is a truly Canadian company with over 138 years of success. We are defined by the passion of our team members and their belief in our company’s vast potential. To ensure we...
Quality Control Technician Location: Head Office (Montreal, Quebec) Store Location: Job Code: 7243 # of openings: 1 Description Quality Control Technician Groupe Dynamite is a global fashion...
The incumbent is responsible for organizing, managing and coordinating the activities of the projects under his/her leadership, ensuring effective communication between and collaboration of all...
City: Montreal, Quebec, Canada Employment Type: Full Time Position Description: As a member of CGI’s global security team, the candidate will play an integral role in operating the Supply Chain...
Associate, Underwriting, CIBC Innovation Banking Requisition ID : 18018184 Position...
Description Job Reference #: 180331BR Business Divisions: Corporate Center Your role: Are you...
Req Id: 215982 Bell is a truly Canadian company with over 138 years of success. We are defined...
Quality Control Technician Location: Head Office (Montreal, Quebec) Store Location: Job...
The incumbent is responsible for organizing, managing and coordinating the activities of the...
City: Montreal, Quebec, Canada Employment Type: Full Time Position Description: As a member of...