TRICAN is Canada’s largest well service company built upon a foundation of solid corporate values and a culture of innovation. At Trican, we believe success begins with our people, as our name and reputation are reflected in the excellence demonstrated by our employees.
If you are a motivated, service-oriented team player with excellent attention to detail and strong communication skills, we invite you to explore this opportunity at Trican.
LEAD HAND, HEAVY DUTY MECHANIC (JOURNEYMAN)
The Lead Hand, Heavy Duty Mechanic is responsible for the mechanical workings of all vehicles including managing the fleet issues, monitoring/controlling the maintenance costs, and supervising the mechanic workforce. They will also be responsible for servicing and maintaining company equipment.
- Ensure that Trican’s core value, “We won’t put anyone in harm’s way” is the priority in all activities
- Counsel associates about work-related issues and assist apprentices and technicians to correct job-skill deficiencies
- Provide developmental direction to apprentices
- Examine objects, systems, or facilities, and analyze information to determine needed installations, services, or repairs
- Determine schedules, sequences, and assignments for work activities, based on work priority, quantity of equipment and skill of personnel
- Understanding the priorities of the maintenance department, its customers and stakeholders
- Monitor tool and part inventories and the condition and maintenance of shops to ensure adequate working conditions
- Compile operational and personnel records, such as time and production records, inventory data, repair and maintenance statistics, and test results
- Service, diagnose, repair, assemble, and maintain vehicles and perform other maintenance work
- Keep up to date with industry standards and regulations
- Continually strives to improve work processes, methods, environment, customer service, personal and team performance
- Provides guidance and instruction to less experienced operators, or apprentice maintenance personnel
- Journeyman Heavy Duty Mechanic required
- Valid Class 1 license preferred; will consider Class 3 or 5
- 2+ years experience in a leadership role with fleet maintenance management experience preferred
- 4+ years experience with diesel maintenance and preventative maintenance required
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to work in a high volume, fast paced environment
- Safe driving skills; driver’s abstract will be requested
- Physically fit – heavy lifting required
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Proficiency with computers including Microsoft Office and web based applications preferred
- Strong customer service, leadership and organizational skills required
What Makes Us Attractive:
- Values-driven organization
- Employee’s choice for full coverage or flexible benefits plan
- RRSP Matching Program
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Annual hockey tournament open to all Trican employees and their friends/family
- Focus on safety, training and development
- Career advancement opportunities
- 100% regular wage guarantee April 1 – June 30, 2018
- Cost of living allowance
- 8 days on/6 days off
- Must live near base of employment
- Pre-employment medical testing required
- Working in all weather conditions
How To Apply:
Field Service Technician-180005BO Description Cummins Sales and Service – Western Canada is an exclusive distributor for Cummins Inc., the world’s largest independent manufacturer of diesel...
Tracking Code 2279-046 Job Description Brandt is currently seeking a Resident Field Service Technician for the High Prairie area. This position is responsible for the repair and maintenance of...
Tracking Code 2303-046 Job Description This position is responsible for the repair and maintenance of construction and forestry based equipment and attachments. Required Skills Perform service,...
Posting ID: 17488 Position Type: Regular/Full-Time City: Grande Prairie, AB, Canada Location: Grande Prairie (AB01) Who We Are: At Canfor, we know wood-based products can build a better...
Posting End Date: Number of Opening: 1 Worker Type: Permanent Position Overview: Responsible for spending a minimum of 80% of time on the shop floor or in the field as it relates to safety,...
Territory Sales Manager - Agriculture - Grande Prairie - (180000G6) Description Move, Build, Grow your career! As the premier global asset management and disposition company, Ritchie Bros. helps...
Field Service Technician-180005BO Description Cummins Sales and Service – Western Canada is an...
Tracking Code 2279-046 Job Description Brandt is currently seeking a Resident Field Service...
Tracking Code 2303-046 Job Description This position is responsible for the repair and...
Posting ID: 17488 Position Type: Regular/Full-Time City: Grande Prairie, AB,...
Posting End Date: Number of Opening: 1 Worker Type: Permanent Position Overview: Responsible for...
Territory Sales Manager - Agriculture - Grande Prairie - (180000G6) Description Move, Build,...