JOB NUMBER #860676
Position: Registered Kinesiologist
Department: Altum Health
Reports to: Site Manager
Status: Temporary Full-time (10-12 months)
Altum Health is a department within the University Health Network with over 300 employees across several regional sites (Toronto, Cambridge, Barrie, Hamilton, Oakville, Ajax, Mississauga, Vaughan, Brampton and Scarborough). We offer a full continuum of prevention, rehabilitation, and health care services to third party payors and individuals, including the Workplace Safety and Insurance Board (WSIB), employers, and insurers.
We believe in providing “The Right Care. Always.” by offering client-centered services that address the physical, psychosocial, and behavioral issues related to injury or illness. We actively participate in performance and outcomes measurement, continuous quality improvement and the education and training of the next generation of health and service professionals. Altum Health services prevent and manage acute and chronic injury as well as co-morbid conditions and integrate clients back into the workplace and home life. Our services result in positive outcomes and value to our clients and customers.
UHN Altum Health is currently recruiting for an energetic, well organized and experienced REGISTERED KINESIOLOGIST with demonstrated competencies in the clinical assessment and treatment of musculoskeletal injuries and concussion, within an adult population. Preference will be given to candidates who have experience in the injured worker population, functional testing and return to work planning. Additional experience in the disability management field would be preferred.
• University Degree in respective profession as required by the College of Kinesiologists of Ontario
• Certificate of Registration with respective College and proof of malpractice insurance
• Two (2) years related experience in the assessment and treatment of clients/patients with neuromuscular, orthopedic injuries or conditions (including lower extremity and spine); work related injuries, MVA and/or experience in the third party health care system
• Knowledge of active rehab protocols
• FAE and Return to work planning skills preferred; Disability Management skills also preferred
• Excellent interpersonal, time management and organizational skills
• Demonstrates appropriate and effective written, oral, and nonverbal communication skills in both official languages
• Must be able to perform the physical demands of the job
DATE: July 20, 2020 CLOSING DATE: Until Filled
University Health Network thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
UHN is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.
Are you a driven Executive Assistant looking to join a dynamic organization that fosters career growth? Are you an excellent communicator and relationship builder? Our client Property Management...
Are you a driven Executive Assistant looking to join a dynamic organization that fosters career...