Junior Environmental Engineer (New Graduate Opportunity!) - WAT00248
GHD is one of the world’s leading professional services companies operating in the global markets of water, energy and resources, environment, property and buildings, and transportation.
Privately owned by our people, GHD provides engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services to private and public sector clients across five continents. Focused on creating lasting community benefit, our connected global network of 8500 people delivers projects with high standards of safety, quality and ethics.
Committed to sustainable development, GHD improves the physical, natural and social environments of the many communities in which we operate
GHD is looking for a Junior Environmental Engineer to join our Waterloo office.
The successful candidate will:
• Working with intermediate and senior staff in all aspects of project work including project development, scheduling, budgeting, analysis and reporting
• Coordinating technical resources and personnel
• Preparing portions of technical reports including Phase I and II Environmental Site Assessments, environmental investigation reports, environmental compliance audit reports, sampling and analysis plans, bid documents, purchase orders, and regulatory submissions
• Data compilation and interpretation, evaluation of environmental regulations, preparation of environmental reports
• Review, understanding, and interpretation of provincial and federal acts and regulations
• Assisting with proposal writing and preparing draft work plans
• Some travel to sites throughout Southern Ontario
• Assisting with field investigations
Skills, Competencies and Qualifications:
• Relevant Bachelor's Degree in civil or environmental engineering.
• Experience conducting field work, and willingness to travel to undertake field work, is required (field demands can include working long hours, working in inclement weather conditions, and lifting up to 50 lbs)
• Experience managing multiple tasks while maintaining a high degree of attention to detail in a consulting environment is preferred
• Must be flexible with project types and responsibilities
• Proven project and client management skills are an asset
• Must be proficient with Microsoft Office, excellent English writing and verbal communication is required to effectively express technical information to multiple audiences including subcontractors, field staff, clients, colleagues, etc.
• Valid driver's license (an MVR check will be completed as part of the hiring process)
We offer a professional working environment and culture and believe that work / life balance is critical to the success and happiness of our people. We also offer competitive salary packages based on qualifications, skills and experience.
As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, GHD will provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process.
At Sun Life, we work together, share common values and encourage growth and achievement. We offer many career paths that attract a wide variety of talent and skills. Follow a path that lets your...
Site Inspector - Kitchener, ON 180003W2 Support Buildings and Infrastructure and have a hand in transforming tomorrow. This position is a Project Hire. We require a staff member experienced in...
Senior User Experience Designer-180017ER Preferred Qualifications Senior Experience Designer Location: Kitchener, Ontario, Canada We Are We are a world-wide team of designers and researchers...
Agfa HealthCare , a member of the Agfa-Gevaert Group, is a leading global provider of diagnostic imaging and healthcare IT solutions. The company has nearly a century of healthcare experience and...
The opportunity: The Sr. Project Manager will be a member of the Life Sciences Professional Services project implementation team. Responsible for implementation of OpenText’s solutions for...
The Pickle Barrel began with a mission. We believed that amazing dining experiences didn’t need to be elitist, so we began a restaurant that combined ‘quality’ with ‘incredible value’. Today we...
At Sun Life, we work together, share common values and encourage growth and achievement. We...
Site Inspector - Kitchener, ON 180003W2 Support Buildings and Infrastructure and have a hand in...
Senior User Experience Designer-180017ER Preferred Qualifications Senior Experience...
Agfa HealthCare , a member of the Agfa-Gevaert Group, is a leading global provider of diagnostic...
The opportunity: The Sr. Project Manager will be a member of the Life Sciences Professional...
The Pickle Barrel began with a mission. We believed that amazing dining experiences didn’t need...