Junior Acoustical Engineer | Air & Noise - WAT00336
GHD is one of the world’s leading professional services companies operating in the global markets of water, energy and resources, environment, property and buildings, and transportation.
Privately owned by our people, GHD provides engineering, environmental and construction services to private and public sector clients across five continents and the Pacific region. Focused on creating lasting community benefit, our connected global network of 10,000 people delivers projects with high standards of safety, quality and ethics.
Committed to sustainable development, GHD improves the physical, natural and social environments of the many communities in which we operate.
We are seeking a Junior Acoustical Engineer to join our noise group in Waterloo, Ontario. We are looking for individuals with experience in environmental and/or indoor acoustics.
The Successful Candidate Will Be Responsible For
• Coordinate and implement field work to conduct noise measurements
• Evaluation of ambient background sound levels
• Conduct noise modeling using Cadna A and STAMSON software
• Architectural acoustics and noise/vibration control engineering within buildings to comply with relevant agency and government requirements.
• Assist with building component acoustic design and measure sound transmission
• Preparation of Acoustic Assessment Reports and Acoustic Audits
• Assist with the design of noise abatement such as silencers, barriers and wall treatment
• Aid senior staff with technical research
Skills, Competencies and Qualifications:
• Bachelors of Engineering
• 1 to 5 years of work experience preferred, however not a firm requirement
• Experience and understanding of any of the following noise guidelines would be an asset:
• Ministry of the Environment and Climate Change NPC-300
• Ministry of the Environment and Climate Change D Series Land Use Compatibility Guidelines
• Tarion Builder Bulletin 19 building acoustic design requirements,
• Ministry of Transportation noise assessment requirements
• Railroad industry noise and vibration assessment requirements
• Municipal land development noise requirements
• Ability to prepare coherent proposals in plain language addressing client requirements
• Attention to detail along with strong organizational skills
• Ability to complete work under tight deadlines when required
• Works well independently as well as a part of a team
• Proficiency using MS Office Suite is essential
• Willingness to travel/work on-site independently completing field work
• No aversions to heights
• Ability to work in high noise areas
• Written and verbal communication skills are essential to this position. Strong emphasis will be placed on your ability to communicate well with others and engage in technical conversations.
We offer a professional working environment and culture and believe that work / life balance is critical to the success and happiness of our people. We also offer competitive salary packages based on qualifications, skills and experience.
As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, GHD will provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process.
: Sep 21, 2018
Description We collaborate and innovate… Our North American Supply Chain network brings technology and people together in innovative ways to deliver state–of–the–art products, services, and...
UX Manager-18001GJ3 Preferred Qualifications Help lead a high functioning user experience team in Kitchener, Ontario. Position: Manager, user experience Company: NetSuite GBU Location: Must be...
RBC Dominion Securities Branch located in Kitchener/Waterloo, ON is looking for an Associate to join their team. You will support a developing and growing Investment Advisor's business and will...
Software Developer 2-18001F2Z Preferred Qualifications Title: Senior Software Developer in Test, NetSuite Cloud GBU Location: Kitchener Canada or willing to relocate Position Summary: We are...
At Sun Life, we work together, share common values and encourage growth and achievement. We offer many career paths that attract a wide variety of talent and skills. Follow a path that lets your...
Industrial Staffing - Waterloo MaxSys Staffing is looking to fill the position of a Production Worker in Waterloo. What our ideal candidate has: -ability to work continental shift – *workdays...
Description We collaborate and innovate… Our North American Supply Chain network brings...
UX Manager-18001GJ3 Preferred Qualifications Help lead a high functioning user experience team...
RBC Dominion Securities Branch located in Kitchener/Waterloo, ON is looking for an Associate to...
Software Developer 2-18001F2Z Preferred Qualifications Title: Senior Software Developer in...
At Sun Life, we work together, share common values and encourage growth and achievement. We...
Industrial Staffing - Waterloo MaxSys Staffing is looking to fill the position of a Production...