At our core, we’re a community. Together, we exercise creative thought, developing designs as individual as the people and projects we touch. From approval and permitting to design and construction management services, we help wherever we can. And through it all, the goals of our clients and their communities remain at the center of everything we create. Join our community and help us get mined materials to the global communities who need them. Help us connect with our stakeholders and build lasting relationships.
Our Global Mining team has a need for a Junior to Intermediate Mechanical Engineer or Engineer-In-Training. As the ideal candidate, you have experience with design, operation and/or maintenance of hoist and shaft systems. In addition, you have had on-site involvement with mine shaft construction or rehabilitation.
Health & Safety:
Implementing the requirements of the Stantec Safety Program. As a Stantec employee you are expected to make a personal commitment toward preserving the health and safety of all our employees. You will demonstrate your commitment to safety through actions and involvement in our employees’ work, by ensuring compliance to the company safety programs and initiatives, and strictly adhering to rules, regulations and procedures. Your personal commitment to safety will help us achieve our goal of zero harm within our operations.
- Working in compliance with all Health and Safety rules and regulations for Stantec and its Clients.
- Ensuring all applicable safety codes, regulations and guidelines are met by appropriate design and use of technology.
- Review and analysis of drawings for possible safety and constructability problems prior to issue to clients.
Engineering & Design Tasks:
- Preparation of quality technical documents and drawings to Stantec Mining and client standards.
- Execution of technically challenging sustaining capital or maintenance engineering projects under the guidance of senior engineers.
- Interface with clients on-site.
- Working with a multi-discipline engineering and design team on a day-to-day basis.
- Coordination of and participation in the preparation of project designs and details.
- Perform various office tasks as required to deliver a quality product on schedule.
As the ideal candidate, you have:
- A degree in Mechanical Engineering and a license, or plan to become licensed to practice in the Provinces of Saskatchewan and Ontario.
- 4-6 years of experience, with specific focus on mine shaft and hoisting systems.
- You must be a self-starter and be able to work in a team setting.
- You must be able to interact with teams which are at times in remote offices.
- On-site engineering and construction experience.
- Ability to travel and work between offices in Canada and willingness to settle in Saskatoon if you are not already a resident of that city.
Not ready to apply or not sure if we currently have an open position that would be your perfect fit? You can still connect with us so we can keep you updated on opportunities that match your skills and experience.
Vous n’êtes pas prêt(e) à envoyer votre candidature ou ne savez pas si nous avons actuellement un poste ouvert qui serait adapté à vos compétences? Vous pouvez toujours communiquer avec nous et nous vous informerons des possibilités qui correspondent à vos compétences et à votre expérience.
Staffing and Recruitment Agencies
Stantec appreciates the interest from the staffing industry, however, unsolicited resumes submitted to Stantec or any Stantec employee without a current and valid staffing agency contract in place with Stantec will not be eligible for any search fees. At this time, Stantec is not welcoming any additional inquiries for agency partnerships.
Agences de recrutement et de dotation
Stantec apprécie l’intérêt porté par les agences de dotation de personnel. Toutefois, tout curriculum vitae non-sollicité envoyé à Stantec ou à un employé de Stantec qui n’est pas lié à un contrat actuel et valide avec une agence ne pourra donner droit à des frais de recherche. En ce moment, Stantec n’est pas à la recherche de nouveaux partenariats avec des agences de dotation de personnel.
Description Northern Strands has provided mining, rigging and safety solutions for over 45 years. Our client base includes the mining industry, construction industry, urban and rural municipal...
Description Crestline is a worldwide innovative leader in Ambulance Manufacturing and Specialty Vehicles and Canadas largest supplier of small to mid-sized Commercial Buses. With safety,...
Description Minotaur Drilling specializes in underground drilling and grouting construction projects.We are currently seeking experienced Supervisors for current opportunities in Potash and...
Description Reporting to the Field Service Foreman, this individual will be responsible for all repairs, troubleshooting, adjusting, overhauling, and maintaining mobile heavy-duty Caterpillar...
Description When applying reference Inter-Provincial Class 1a National Cartage/MattJenn is a Saskatchewan based organization that began in 1939 and has grown to a highly successful international...
Description When applying please reference Inter provincial Class 1a Driver Saskatoon National Cartage/MattJenn is a Saskatchewan based organization that began in 1939 and has grown to a highly...
Description Northern Strands has provided mining, rigging and safety solutions for over 45...
Description Crestline is a worldwide innovative leader in Ambulance Manufacturing and Specialty...
Description Minotaur Drilling specializes in underground drilling and grouting construction...
Description Reporting to the Field Service Foreman, this individual will be responsible for all...
Description When applying reference Inter-Provincial Class 1a National Cartage/MattJenn is a...
Description When applying please reference Inter provincial Class 1a Driver Saskatoon National...