Civeo is a global workforce accommodation specialist that helps people maintain healthy, productive and connected lives while living and working away from home. Our unique approach focuses on guest wellbeing, operational efficiency, community building and a property development mindset – making us a leading provider of accommodation solutions.
Civeo Premium Services is recruiting for the skilled, result driven and customer service oriented Journeyman Electrician for Maintenance and Utilities Operations in the Wonowon, BC area. Civeo lodges and other facilities operate 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Hence, the work schedule includes weekends and holidays. Rotation between job sites within Western Canada (Alberta and British Columbia) is required.
Reporting to Maintenance Supervisor, Electrician will be responsible for the electrical portion of facility maintenance in a remote location. Being a certified trade person, an Electrician will provide maintenance, repair services, and work with contractors as required. The Electrician will install, alter, repair and maintain electrical systems designed to provide heat, light, power, control, signal or fire alarms for modular types of buildings and other structures and premises. The incumbent must follow applicable building codes focusing on safety, quality and accuracy of wok and shall be adaptable to changing roles within the function. This is an hourly, permanent, full-time position.
- Conduct maintenance and repair work in the assigned facility and the included infrastructure.
- Install, maintain, and repair lodge infrastructure, including machinery, equipment, electrical, mechanical, heating, and plumbing systems.
- Set up machines and equipment.
- Conduct preventive maintenance programs, which includes following schedules and procedures for safety inspections and preventive maintenance.
- Physically perform facility and equipment inspections to ensure compliance with regulatory standards.
- Read and interpret drawings, corresponding building codes and specifications for existing installations to ensure technical information is current and in compliance with project requirements and legislative standards.
- Troubleshoot technical problems, ensure their resolution, and recommend solutions to improve maintenance operations.
- Ensure assigned maintenance projects are completed as scheduled.
- Perform and oversee site cleaning, snow removal and landscaping projects.
Specific tasks may include:
- Install underground wiring and cables.
- Install, replace and repair electrical controls and panel boxes.
- Splice, join and connect wires.
- Test and measure voltage, loads, ground faults integrity of circuits.
- Troubleshoot and isolate faults.
- Certified Journeyman Electrician. Red Seal certification is required for trades out of province.
- Minimum 5 years of directly related construction and maintenance experience in renovation, residential, commercial and light industrial settings
- Valid class 5 driver’s license with clean 5-year driving abstract
- Specialized knowledge and experience working with fire alarm systems, security, surveillance, lighting, heating/cooling and heat tracing systems
- Knowledge and experience working with portable power generation systems (up to 1 MW)
- Must have the following certificates, such as Fall Protection (OSSA), Confined Space/Monitoring (OSSA), Elevated Work Platform, CSTS, Control of Hazardous Energy (Lockout/Tag Out), Arc Flash, First Aid, Standard/CPR
- Ability to work physically and regularly lift up to 50 lb.
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a team
- Attention to details, accuracy and strong interpersonal, organizational and problem solving skills
- Ability to multi-task and effectively manage time to meet required project deadlines
- Ability to interact co-operatively and professionally with customers and co-workers
- Strong focus on safety, quality of work and environmental awareness
- Flexibility and adaptability: must be able to travel and rotate within various locations within Western Canada (Albert and British Columbia) and work in the remote locations, work nights, weekends and holidays
- Must be able to work 10 hours per shift in the remote locations and camp settings working on 14 days on and 14 days off rotation schedule.
For the successful candidate we will provide a great work environment and an excellent total compensation package. In addition, room and board are provided at the assigned camp on the job site. To apply, please submit your resume online to http://civeo.com/people-careers/job-opportunities
Civeo is committed to the principle of employment equity. We welcome diversity and encourage all who are qualified to express their interest.
18-H50 Journeyman Electrician, Maintenance
Fire Alarm Technician - WD30054963284 What you will do Perform installation activities on electrical fire alarm systems Manage service issues on-site to ensure fiscal requirements are met Take...
Fire Alarm Technician - WD30062830028 What you will do Perform installation activities on electrical fire alarm systems Manage service issues on-site to ensure fiscal requirements are met Take...
Organization Overview Aecon Group Inc. is Canada’s largest, publicly traded construction and infrastructure development company. Aecon and its subsidiaries provide services to private and public...
Preventative Maintenance Technician - WorldMark - Whistler - 1902091 Description Summary (video) The Preventative Maintenance Technician will support general resort operations by ensuring the...
Field Project Manager - WD30062831028 Field Project Manager We are currently looking for a Field Project Manager to join our team in Delta, British Columbia. What you will do: Responsible for...
Preventative Maintenance Technician Part Time - Whistler - 1901644 Description Summary (video) The Preventative Maintenance Technician will support general resort operations by ensuring the...
Fire Alarm Technician - WD30054963284 What you will do Perform installation activities on...
Fire Alarm Technician - WD30062830028 What you will do Perform installation activities on...
Organization Overview Aecon Group Inc. is Canada’s largest, publicly traded construction and...
Preventative Maintenance Technician - WorldMark - Whistler - 1902091 Description Summary ...
Field Project Manager - WD30062831028 Field Project Manager We are currently looking for a Field...
Preventative Maintenance Technician Part Time - Whistler - 1901644 Description Summary ...