IT Project Manager
Position Type: Regular
Position Status: Full Time
: Canada-Ontario-Toronto-55 Yonge St., 12th floor
: Mar 22, 2019, 11:59:00 PM
IT Project Manager
We’re on a mission to build the relationship-focused bank of the future and we’re looking for the passionate collaborators, innovators, advisors, and leaders who can get us there. Our distinct culture is built on a shared commitment to do what’s right for our clients, our people, and our communities, and we strive for excellence in everything we do. Because life at CIBC is not only what you do, but how you do it .
To learn more about CIBC, please visit CIBC.com
What You’ll Be Doing
You’ll be joining the Project Management Office in CIBC's Commercial Banking Product Technology Group. As an IT Project Manager, you’ll lead teams of stakeholders and business partners to ensure projects of all sizes are completed in line with the team’s budget and timeline. You will provide guidance to others and manage a portfolio of projects from end-to-end. You’ll use your expertise in project management methodology to make recommendations for continuous improvements on all project plans.
How You’ll Succeed
- Project Management – Outline program goals (generally $3M), terms of reference, resource requirements, and costs and supervise up to 75 indirects in a matrixed project. Help create a resource plan that ensures all stakeholders have a voice on the project. Assess the efficiency of the practices and procedures used by a team, and provide guidance that will continuously improve the project plan. Manage programs and budget allocation. Evaluate issues/ mititgate risks and interpret variances for business sponsor/executive along with recommendations.
- Collaboration – Help internal partners make informed decisions about the development of programs, products, and services. Coach and mentor your teams as you work toward a common goal and negotiate deliverables and milestones whenever necessary.
- Contract Negotiations – Manage statement of work, contracts development and administration. Proactively identify anything that will take projects off schedule and find solutions to correct the problem. Monitor milestones, and ensure they’re completed according to timelines and budgets.
Who You Are
- You embrace and champion change. You’ll continuously evolve your thinking and the way you work in order to deliver your best.
- You’re driven by collective success. You know that collaboration can transform a good idea into a great one. You understand the power of an inclusive team that enjoys working together to create shared vision.
- Your influence makes an impact. You know that relationships and networks are essential to success. You inspire outcomes by making yourself heard.
- You have a degree/diploma in Computer Science, Engineering, and/or a related field of study. It’s an asset if you have your PMP Designation.
- You can demonstrate experience in Project Management methodology, principles, and tools, within a minimum of 3 years experience as a Project Manager and/or Project Coordinator. It’s an asset if you have experience with Agile methodologies, Program/Portfolio Management, HP Planview, and knowledge of the Software Delivery Life Cycle (SDLC) and application delivery process. Prior experience with vendor evaluation including evaluating and selecting products, tools, services and infrastructure components in line with business needs and architecture.
- Values matter to you. You bring your real self to work and you live our values - trust, teamwork, and accountability.
What CIBC Offers
At CIBC, our people are our greatest asset. You’ll become part of a diverse community that acknowledges everyone’s unique talents, and empowers teams to do what’s right for the client, and to do it well. As part of our team, you will:
- Thrive: Benefit from an open and approachable culture that provides the flexibility and support you need to integrate your life at work and at home
- Connect : Work in a place where the right technology and infrastructure fosters innovation, collaboration and creativity
- Develop: Grow your skills and career through our best-in-class onboarding experience, ongoing learning opportunities, and individual development planning
- Prosper: Share in our collective success with a competitive salary, incentive pay, banking benefits, health benefits program, and employee share purchase plan
What You Need to Know
- CIBC is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities and we provide an accessible candidate experience. If you need accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact Mailbox.firstname.lastname@example.org
- You need to be legally eligible to work in Canada at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work or study permit
Close Project Manager, IT Job Posting Category: Experienced Professionals (1+ years) Career Level: Experienced (Non-Manager) Industry: Packaged Goods Job Category: IT/ Systems,Project...
Project Manager, Water-Wastewater Program Planning Public Works- Water/Wastewater Contract Duration- 24 months Do you have experience managing projects within the Water/Wastewater industry with a...
Project Manager, Water Engineering & Reliability Public Works- Water/Wastewater Do you have experience managing projects within the Water/Wastewater industry with a focus on water/wastewater...
Join our Project Management Office team. We are currently seeking a Project Manager to join the Project Management Office and lead project staff to successfully deliver multiple projects by...
JOB POSTING #844483 Position: Project Manager, Capital Renewal Planning (2 positions) Site: Multiple Sites across UHN Department: FM-PRO (Facilities Management – Planning...
IT Project Manager IT Solutions Contract Duration – Approximately 18 months Supporting the Public Works department, the IT Project Manager is responsible for planning and managing the execution of...
Close Project Manager, IT Job Posting Category: Experienced Professionals (1+ years) Career...
Project Manager, Water-Wastewater Program Planning Public Works- Water/Wastewater Contract...
Project Manager, Water Engineering & Reliability Public Works- Water/Wastewater Do you have...
Join our Project Management Office team. We are currently seeking a Project Manager to join the...
JOB POSTING #844483 Position: Project Manager, Capital Renewal Planning (2...
IT Project Manager IT Solutions Contract Duration – Approximately 18 months Supporting the...