Full Time | Central Toronto Davisville North, ONTARIO | 3 months | Deadline: 17 Jan 2018
This position has expired. Do not apply!
$148,000 Average salary of similar jobs | Check Salary...
IT Manager : 0000A7EW
Global Vision. Local Focus.
Things really are different here. A career with HSBC in Canada is truly an experience that few financial service organisations can match. Here you will find yourself inspired and supported by colleagues whose daily responsibilities cross time zones, continents and cultures. You will be motivated to aim for your highest aspirations, and enjoy the rewards of belonging to a diverse and growth-driven culture.
Canada is a priority market for HSBC. We remain focused on growing customers locally with our unique products, and we offer a full suite of solutions developed from our global connectivity and network. HSBC has the institutional strength, capacity and commitment to support our Canadian client’s requirements here and around the world. Employees who thrive at HSBC are service focused, entrepreneurial and driven. They show collaborative spirit and a quest for continuous improvement, while having the industry expertise and business acumen to deliver.
About HSBC Operations, Services & Technology (HOST)
HSBC Operations, Services and Technology provides essential operational services, IT and technical support to help HSBC function effectively and improve our customer service. HOST is made up of Global Operations, IT, COO Office, Corporate Real Estate and Global Procurement.
Our global IT team develops and manages HSBC’s systems and technology infrastructure. They develop, implement and support software and IT services and processes that allow HSBC to remain at the forefront of high-quality banking systems. They work across a range of technology platforms and development disciplines, from mainframe to mobile technologies.
A Day in the Life of an IT Manager include the following:
The Client Operations Technology team builds applications that enable our users to manage HSBC’s client compliance with tax regulations like DFA, FATCA, MRUD BRRD & MIFID.
Manage projects and functional requirements for existing trackers and build new solutions. Enhance apps to comply with firms IT security and compliance policies. Role will manage technical resources build applications in .Net and Java. Projects will include dashboards being built using QlikView.
We need an IT Manager who will work with the IT team and business users to provide Project Management in a fast paced environment using Hybrid and Agile methodologies. Ability to write agile stories / functional requirements and be able to interact with team members in New York, London & Pune.
The role is to be a Manager and technical Project Manager/Business Analyst on the Canada Regulatory Technology Team.
- Line Manager for resources across Global Banking, Client Operations & Technology and Know Your Customer.
- Understand complex business issues and resulting technical solutions.
- Perform business & process analysis.
- Functional specs documentation using Agile stories.
- Direct and manage requirements gathering, gap analysis & documentation.
- Define scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders.
- Develop full-scale analysis documents & allied project documentation.
- Proactively manage changes in scope, identify potential risks and Issues, and devise contingency plans.
- Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and other stakeholders.
- Liaise with project stakeholders on an ongoing basis.
- Build, develop, and grow any business relationships vital to the success of the project.
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and concise manner.
- Liaise with various other departments across EDD, Global Banking and Markets for completion of deliverables.
- Coordinate with onshore & offshore counterparts for project delivery, status reporting & overall project management.
- Identify and resolve issues and conflicts arising during the project life cycle.
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path.
- Plan and schedule delivery timelines & milestones using appropriate project management tools.
- Track project milestones and deliverables. Ensure time booking to projects is reported timely.
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications:
- Exposure to Investment Banking, client on boarding processes will be an advantage.
- Experience and understanding of static data pertaining to accounts / standard settlement (SSI), Know Your Customer.
- Knowledge of financial services and regulation such as DFA/FATCA/EMIR, particularly in Global Banking and Markets is desirable.
- Exposure and success working within a matrix organization model.
- Excellent understanding of the full project lifecycle – Agile and hybrid.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to work with globally distributed teams.
- Knowledge and expertise in SDLC lifecycle and industry standards for technology development.
- Exposure to Agile methodology and associated techniques such as Scrum, Test Driven Development, Behaviour Driven Development and Specification by Example.
- Expert in use case modelling.
- Exposure to Workflow (Nintex or Pega)
- Exposure to and understanding of process improvement techniques and strategies such as Lean, Six Sigma and TOC.
- Experience of working with usability and user experience.
- Contributes to improvements through innovative solutions, approaches, products or services.
- Expert in VISIO / Sharepoint / MS Project
- Exposure to TOAD/SQL.
- Experience of HP Quality Center.
- Expert with Project Management software, Jira / RTC, Visio, PowerPoint and MS Word.
- Good understanding of development technologies like C#/.Net / Java / QlikView.
Additional Key skills
- Confident operating and holding dialogue with senior management.
- Experience of working with extended teams in remote locations
- Ability to mentor/ coach team.
- Communicates ideas, views, and concerns effectively and respectfully and actively participates in exchanges of ideas with others.
- Good interpersonal skills; strong relationship management capabilities.
- Ability to develop effective networks by seeking out opportunities for collaboration.
In 2017, HSBC Bank Canada was named one of the “Best 50 Corporate Citizens” in Canada by Corporate Knights magazine for the seventh consecutive year.
Here are some of the reasons why:
- Career Development: Within your current role, as well as Canadian and international opportunities
- Company Reputation: Offering prestige, strength, and longevity
- Business Growth: Underpinned by our drive, and the highest banking standards
- International Connectivity: Opportunities to network and build global relationships
- A diverse workforce: Reflecting our belief that diversity of thought, background and perspective make HSBC a stronger organization
- Corporate Sustainability: We build our business for the long term by balancing social, environmental and economic considerations in the decisions we make
Learn more about HSBC
HSBC Bank Canada, a subsidiary of HSBC Holdings plc, is the leading international bank in the country. We help companies and individuals across Canada to do business and manage their finances internationally through three global business lines: Commercial Banking, Global Banking and Markets, and Retail Banking and Wealth Management. HSBC Group - one of the world’s largest banking and financial services with assets of US$2,492bn at 30 June 2017. Linked by advanced technology, HSBC serves customers worldwide through an international network of around 3,900 offices in 67 countries and territories in Europe, Asia, North and Latin America, and the Middle East and North Africa.
: Information Technology
: North America-Canada-Ontario-Toronto
: Day Job
Type of Vacancy : Country Vacancy
: Jan 12, 2018, 3:31:56 PM
: Jan 17, 2018, 11:59:00 PM
Position ID 12952BR Title Accounting Clerk Line of Service Internal Firm Services Job Type Full-Time City ON - Toronto Job Description Achieve your full potential in an environment where...
BI Project Manager (61486553) Location: Mississauga, ON Category: Content/Document Management Job Type: Temporary/Contract Reference: CA_EN_6_29628_61486553 Posted: April...
Project Manager, Marketing Technology Who We Are: HBC is a diversified global retailer, focused on driving the performance of high quality stores and their all-channel offerings, growing through...
BE Totally Engaged. BE Business Savvy. BE the Right Partner. Be all that and more at Colliers Project Leaders! Colliers Project Leaders is experiencing unprecedented growth. The Healthcare sector...
Intermediate Project Manager Eagle is currently seeking an Intermediate Project Manager for a six (6) month contract position, scheduled to begin immediately. Key Responsibilities The successful...
Project Manager (61585968) Location: Mississauga, ON Category: Project Administrator/Analyst Job Type: Temporary/Contract Reference: CA_EN_6_29628_61585968 Posted: April 12,2018 Salary: N/A Modis,...
Position ID 12952BR Title Accounting Clerk Line of Service Internal Firm Services Job Type ...
BI Project Manager (61486553) Location: Mississauga, ON Category: Content/Document...
Project Manager, Marketing Technology Who We Are: HBC is a diversified global retailer, focused...
BE Totally Engaged. BE Business Savvy. BE the Right Partner. Be all that and more at Colliers...
Intermediate Project Manager Eagle is currently seeking an Intermediate Project Manager for a...
Project Manager (61585968) Location: Mississauga, ON Category: Project Administrator/Analyst Job...