IT Developer, BI-DW - Hiram Walker and Sons Ltd - Windsor, ON - INF00723
- Corby Spirit and Wine / Hiram Walker & Sons
- Information Systems & Technology
- Oct 22, 2018
Hiram Walker & Sons Limited , a Pernod Ricard Company, is the place where ambition thrives. As part of a global enterprise, we are proud to be delivering the market such exciting brands as Wiser's Whisky, Polar Ice Vodka, Malibu Rum, and Lamb's rum. Let your ambition lead you toward outstanding opportunities with progressive rewards. For insight on our heritage please click http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VaXS-oxdU5U&feature=player_embedded
The Business Intelligence/Data Warehouse team at Pernod Ricard North America is responsible for the development of a wide array of data structures and reporting for internal business customers. Enterprise-grade technologies are employed to deliver timely, accurate, and valuable data and reports with fast performance in the Canadian, American, and Travel Retail markets.
This position is responsible for new development and support of efficient processes related to the NA Data Warehouse, Microsoft Reporting Platform (PowerBI, Analysis Services, etc), and Standard Reporting. This includes complex problem solving of issues and ensuring all applications, job scheduling, reporting, and interfaces are functional.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for support and new development of efficient and reliable ETL processes between the PRNA Oracle Data Warehouse and the systems with which it interacts. Will work in tandem with business and IT subject matter experts to design & build data transformations between new and existing data marts.
- Responsible for support and maintenance of PRNA implementation of MDS and Informatica.
- Responsible for Microsoft Reporting Platform (PowerBI, Analysis Services, etc) metadata and development for PRNA implementation. Required to understand technical architecture for proper administration and deployments on the Microsoft Reporting Platform.
- Responsible for advanced Microsoft Reporting Platform development.
- Responsible for data warehouse implementation and development for PRNA. Required to understand technical implementation details and follow architecture standards set by the Sr. Oracle Data Architect.
- Responsible for working with Application Developers to produce high-quality standard reports.
- Responsible for off-hours support of the Oracle Data Warehouse as required.
- Responsible for providing back-end support and development assistance to other teams and application developers using the Oracle Data Warehouse. Work with PR Americas IT Operations staff (eg. DBAs) to resolve issues as required.
- Responsible for optimization of the database structures and SQL processes for maximum performance and reliability, following current and new standards for all Oracle objects.
- Responsible for taking part in the peer review process and for performing internal quality assurance (QA) by testing code and functionality.
- Responsible for documenting new applications, reviewing and updating existing documentation in conjunction with ongoing changes.
Key Competencies And KPIs
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- 2-3 years of Advanced development experience with Relational databases.
- 1-2 years of ETL experience.
- 1-2 years of Microsoft Reporting Platform (PowerBI, Analysis Services, etc) experience.
- 1-2 years of experience in application design and development in a relational database environment.
- Strong knowledge of relational database theory and the logical and physical design of database.
- Strong knowledge of data modeling.
- Strong knowledge of systems analysis techniques, application design, and development methods.
- A highly motivated individual capable of working under their own initiative.
- Strong communicator, capable of working effectively with technical staff, users, and management.
- Excellent planning, organization, and personal time management skills.
- Technical skills to include advanced PL/SQL, advanced Oracle Analytic Functions, large dataset query tuning and aggregation, and dynamic reports experience.
- Working knowledge of SQL Server, Azure, Informatica, and MDS are assets.
- Ability and willingness to learn new applications rapidly.
- Ability to create clear and accurate documentation procedures and willingness to continually use and update documentation.
Team management: N/A
Availability to travel: up to 5% of time.
We welcome and encourage applications from individuals from all groups, including aboriginal, women, visible minorities, and persons with disabilities, regardless of race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, creed, family status, national origin, age and gender.
Hiram Walker & Sons Ltd. is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Should you require accommodation during any phase of the recruitment process or wish to view our accommodation policies, please contact the Human Resources Department at (519) 254-5171 or by email at Accessibilty.Canada@pernod-ricard.com
Thank you for your interest in Pernod Ricard and its subsidiaries, Corby Spirit and Wine Limited and Hiram Walker & Sons Ltd. All resumes submitted will be reviewed by our recruitment team and kept on file for six months in consideration for this and future opportunities. Please note that only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Please do not contact provincial offices directly as all recruitment is coordinated through the Corporate Office in Toronto.
Financial Services Representative – Universal Banker Requisition ID : 18019992 Position Type: Regular Position Status: Full Time Job : Sales Work Location : Canada-Ontario-Newmarket-15 Harry...
The opportunity: Reporting directly to the Chief Information Officer (CIO), this role provides strategic oversight, guidance and management of the overall global privacy regulations that are...
HVAC Sales Manager - WD30060886358 What you will do Under general direction, leads the HVAC Service business by executing sales strategies to achieve profitability, growth and market penetration....
What is the opportunity? In this role, you will be responsible for the planning and production of financial statements, related reports and coordination of audits for various fund clients. What...
Position Summary: Under the direction of the Director of Finance, oversees all aspects of financial and accounting functions in support of business goals of the company. Directly supervises...
The opportunity: Join OpenText, where we embrace a growth mind-set! Make an impact with this newly created role. Responsible for creating instructionally sound, engaging, and target-audience...
Financial Services Representative – Universal Banker Requisition ID : 18019992 Position...
The opportunity: Reporting directly to the Chief Information Officer (CIO), this role provides...
HVAC Sales Manager - WD30060886358 What you will do Under general direction, leads the HVAC...
What is the opportunity? In this role, you will be responsible for the planning and production...
Position Summary: Under the direction of the Director of Finance, oversees all aspects of...
The opportunity: Join OpenText, where we embrace a growth mind-set! Make an impact with this...