IT Developer, BI-DW - Hiram Walker and Sons Ltd - Windsor, ON - INF00723
- Corby Spirit and Wine / Hiram Walker & Sons
- Information Systems & Technology
- Oct 22, 2018
Hiram Walker & Sons Limited , a Pernod Ricard Company, is the place where ambition thrives. As part of a global enterprise, we are proud to be delivering the market such exciting brands as Wiser's Whisky, Polar Ice Vodka, Malibu Rum, and Lamb's rum. Let your ambition lead you toward outstanding opportunities with progressive rewards. For insight on our heritage please click http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VaXS-oxdU5U&feature=player_embedded
The Business Intelligence/Data Warehouse team at Pernod Ricard North America is responsible for the development of a wide array of data structures and reporting for internal business customers. Enterprise-grade technologies are employed to deliver timely, accurate, and valuable data and reports with fast performance in the Canadian, American, and Travel Retail markets.
This position is responsible for new development and support of efficient processes related to the NA Data Warehouse, Microsoft Reporting Platform (PowerBI, Analysis Services, etc), and Standard Reporting. This includes complex problem solving of issues and ensuring all applications, job scheduling, reporting, and interfaces are functional.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for support and new development of efficient and reliable ETL processes between the PRNA Oracle Data Warehouse and the systems with which it interacts. Will work in tandem with business and IT subject matter experts to design & build data transformations between new and existing data marts.
- Responsible for support and maintenance of PRNA implementation of MDS and Informatica.
- Responsible for Microsoft Reporting Platform (PowerBI, Analysis Services, etc) metadata and development for PRNA implementation. Required to understand technical architecture for proper administration and deployments on the Microsoft Reporting Platform.
- Responsible for advanced Microsoft Reporting Platform development.
- Responsible for data warehouse implementation and development for PRNA. Required to understand technical implementation details and follow architecture standards set by the Sr. Oracle Data Architect.
- Responsible for working with Application Developers to produce high-quality standard reports.
- Responsible for off-hours support of the Oracle Data Warehouse as required.
- Responsible for providing back-end support and development assistance to other teams and application developers using the Oracle Data Warehouse. Work with PR Americas IT Operations staff (eg. DBAs) to resolve issues as required.
- Responsible for optimization of the database structures and SQL processes for maximum performance and reliability, following current and new standards for all Oracle objects.
- Responsible for taking part in the peer review process and for performing internal quality assurance (QA) by testing code and functionality.
- Responsible for documenting new applications, reviewing and updating existing documentation in conjunction with ongoing changes.
Key Competencies And KPIs
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- 2-3 years of Advanced development experience with Relational databases.
- 1-2 years of ETL experience.
- 1-2 years of Microsoft Reporting Platform (PowerBI, Analysis Services, etc) experience.
- 1-2 years of experience in application design and development in a relational database environment.
- Strong knowledge of relational database theory and the logical and physical design of database.
- Strong knowledge of data modeling.
- Strong knowledge of systems analysis techniques, application design, and development methods.
- A highly motivated individual capable of working under their own initiative.
- Strong communicator, capable of working effectively with technical staff, users, and management.
- Excellent planning, organization, and personal time management skills.
- Technical skills to include advanced PL/SQL, advanced Oracle Analytic Functions, large dataset query tuning and aggregation, and dynamic reports experience.
- Working knowledge of SQL Server, Azure, Informatica, and MDS are assets.
- Ability and willingness to learn new applications rapidly.
- Ability to create clear and accurate documentation procedures and willingness to continually use and update documentation.
Team management: N/A
Availability to travel: up to 5% of time.
We welcome and encourage applications from individuals from all groups, including aboriginal, women, visible minorities, and persons with disabilities, regardless of race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, creed, family status, national origin, age and gender.
Hiram Walker & Sons Ltd. is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Should you require accommodation during any phase of the recruitment process or wish to view our accommodation policies, please contact the Human Resources Department at (519) 254-5171 or by email at Accessibilty.Canada@pernod-ricard.com
Thank you for your interest in Pernod Ricard and its subsidiaries, Corby Spirit and Wine Limited and Hiram Walker & Sons Ltd. All resumes submitted will be reviewed by our recruitment team and kept on file for six months in consideration for this and future opportunities. Please note that only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Please do not contact provincial offices directly as all recruitment is coordinated through the Corporate Office in Toronto.
Job Location Bolton, Ontario CA Address 12315 Coleraine Blvd (Bolton), Ontario L7E3B4 Job Category Manufacturing & Production ABOUT US (AND OUR EXCITING FUTURE) Menasha Corporation is all about...
Type of employment: Permanent Business Line: SGS Minerals- Environmental Reporting to: Operations Manager About SGS: Make an impact with SGS! With more than 97,000 employees and 2,600 offices...
Lead Hand - 190004HA Description About Baxter Every day, Baxter touches the lives of millions of patients and providers worldwide who rely on our essential hospital and renal products and...
Senior Land Development Project Manager-Mississauga - MIS00113 Primary Location - Canada-Ontario-Mississauga GHD is one of the world’s leading professional services companies operating in the...
Building Optimization Energy Specialist - WD30068310094 What you will do Under general direction, participates as a member of the Owner Project Development Team to achieve department and sales...
Senior Statistical Programmer Analyst Job Number: 75677 Job : Administrative/Service Primary Location : Ontario-Hamilton This position will be located at: David Braley Research...
Job Location Bolton, Ontario CA Address 12315 Coleraine Blvd (Bolton), Ontario L7E3B4 Job...
Type of employment: Permanent Business Line: SGS Minerals- Environmental Reporting to: ...
Lead Hand - 190004HA Description About Baxter Every day, Baxter touches the lives of millions of...
Senior Land Development Project Manager-Mississauga - MIS00113 Primary...
Building Optimization Energy Specialist - WD30068310094 What you will do Under general...
Senior Statistical Programmer Analyst Job Number: 75677 Job : Administrative/Service Primary...