Aecon Construction Group Inc. is the largest publicly traded construction and infrastructure development company in Canada. Aecon’s expertise covers the full range of services, including design and construction, financing, operating, procurement, and project management. Aecon Group and its predecessor companies have helped build many of Canada's most famous infrastructure landmarks, including the CN Tower, St. Lawrence Seaway, Highway 407 Express Toll Route, Vancouver Sky Train, and the Montreal-Trudeau International Airport, among others.
Aecon Group Inc. is an industry-leading construction and infrastructure development company at the forefront of our economy’s strongest growth sectors – Infrastructure, Energy, Mining. Aecon and its subsidiaries provide services to private and public sector clients throughout Canada and on a selected basis internationally.
Aecon Group Inc. is Canada’s largest, publicly traded construction and infrastructure development company. Aecon and its subsidiaries provide services to private and public sector clients throughout Canada and on a selected basis internationally.
|Divisional Overview||Aecon’s Corporate division provides a support system which extends throughout all branches of the company and includes IT services, communications, finance and human resources, among others.|
|Business Unit||Information Services|
|Location-East or West||East|
|Title||IS Project Manager|
|Position Overview||Reporting to the Program Manager, PMO, this position is responsible for supporting the design, development and delivery of technical projects within Information Services working with Aecon’s technical team to meet organizational objectives.|
· Lead assigned projects to completion on-time, within scope and within budget
· Provide business and IS PMO with feedback, encouragement and advice
· Develop individual project plans complete with budgetary information and resource needs, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
· Perform risk management to minimize project risks
· Refine project budget as needed to ensure timeliness and fiscal responsibility
· Track and manage changes to the project scope, project schedule, and project costs using appropriate verification techniques
· Troubleshoot problems that come up during projects
· Host a project meeting at least once per week for each project under your direction
· Coordinate with vendors and suppliers as needed
· Communicate project objectives to all team members involved
· Communicate with our IT department about resource allocation
· Report and escalate to management as needed
· Train business and resources on project delivery methods (Product Ownership, Scrums, and Waterfalls) as needed for project onboarding and execution
· Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications
· Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
· Create course curriculum(s) to align with maintenance and enhancement releases
· May be needed to develop and provide end user training
· Devise course delivery/training mechanisms for a geographically dispersed user community
· Develop work instructions, quick reference guides and other job aides to supplement end-user training
· Conduct training needs assessment and upfront gap analysis and evaluation
· Assist in the development and coordination of multiple complex training operations
· Maintain relevant assessment documentation and records
· Manage the development training to maintain a cadre of in-state instructors
· Review external training programs to ensure the highest standards are maintained, content remains current and instruction is proficient
|Required Knowledge & Skills||· Bachelor’s degree in computer or business-related discipline preferred (Master’s degree would be a plus)
· 10+ years’ experience in software development or design
· 10+ years’ experience in a project supervisory capacity
· Ability to complete projects on time and within the stated budget
· Excellent communication, organization, time-management and leadership skills
· Working knowledge of Agile, PMP, SAP and Business Warehouse (BW)
· 3-4 years of Scrum Master experience and certification
· 6-10 and Waterfall / PMP project manager experience
· Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
· Willingness and the ability to learn new technology quickly and apply the knowledge in order to create training materials
· Sound knowledge of human performance, adult learning principles, organizational development, instructional systems design, and curriculum development
· Ability to design and develop technical training curriculum and documentation
· Ability to deliver and present training materials to high standard
· Ability to work effectively in a team
|Date Req Created||9/21/2018|
|Equity Statement||Aecon is an equal opportunity employer.|
|Accessibility||Aecon accommodates. Upon request, Aecon accommodates candidates with disabilities throughout the hiring process.|
Project Manager | Water, Linear Infrastructure - MIS00108 Primary Location - Canada-Ontario-Mississauga GHD is one of the world’s leading professional services companies operating in the global...
Senior Project Manager -FC0066197 Description Fujitsu Canada is currently seeking a permanent, full time Sr. Project Manager to join our dynamic solutions team in Toronto supporting our Education...
BE Totally Engaged. BE Business Savvy. BE the Right Partner. Be all that and more at Colliers Project Leaders. As Colliers Project Leaders continues to grow and attract exciting new project...
PROJECT MANAGER - HIGH RISE PROJECTS Location: Toronto Salary: VERY competitive Job type: Full time perm International company building high rise projects in Canada need a top notch Project...
Junior Project Manager-FC0066379 Description Fujitsu Canada is currently seeking a full time, permanent Junior Project Manager/Project Support Analyst to join our solutions team in Toronto as part...
A Project Management Office or PMO Manager is urgently required at Toronto Airport, Canada. In this role you will be responsible for the development and management of the Toronto Airport capital...
Project Manager | Water, Linear Infrastructure - MIS00108 Primary...
Senior Project Manager -FC0066197 Description Fujitsu Canada is currently seeking a permanent,...
BE Totally Engaged. BE Business Savvy. BE the Right Partner. Be all that and more at Colliers...
PROJECT MANAGER - HIGH RISE PROJECTS Location: Toronto Salary: VERY competitive Job type: Full...
Junior Project Manager-FC0066379 Description Fujitsu Canada is currently seeking a full time,...
A Project Management Office or PMO Manager is urgently required at Toronto Airport, Canada. In...