Build your career with Arbor, one of the leading commercial real estate finance companies in the U.S. For more than 20 years, Arbor has continued to build on its solid reputation as a leading commercial real estate finance company specializing in loan origination and servicing for multifamily, seniors housing, healthcare and other diverse commercial real estate assets through our Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, FHA, Bridge, CMBS and Mezzanine loan programs.
Work as an intern on a variety of projects under supervision of a Team Lead on assignments and develop relationships with other staff and clients. This role requires the ability to continually learn and use new skills, and to work in a high-paced, changeable client-service environment.
HOURS OF OPERATION: Our office hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday
As an Intern, you will get the chance to contribute as a member of the team to which you are assigned and have responsibilities similar to a first year professional. Arbor utilizes the Internship Program as a source for hiring full-time professionals, and strongly encourages all those interested in full-time roles to apply. You will have the opportunity to join a firm that combines entrepreneurial drive with the competitive advantage of being a one-stop destination for borrowers.
The Agency Asset Management Intern will have the following duties and responsibilities, including but not limited to:
- Review legal documents to assure accurate set up of new loans.
- Identify and communicate to Management any exceptions or discrepancies among internal reports, third party reports, and loan documents at the time of a new loan set up.
- Complete new loan boarding of loan information to be loaded in to the Servicing System.
- Prepare Welcome Package to borrowers on new loans, providing all of the essential forms necessary when submitting a draw requests.
- Support the Portfolio Analyst group by reviewing supporting documentation received relative to Replacement Reserve and Holdback Draw requests.
- Complete financial statement coding and analysis in compliance with Arbor and Investor guidelines.
- Effectively apply technology tools and software in assigned areas.
- Keep supervisors informed of assignment status and progress.
- Complete Replacement Reserve and Holdback training to gain a better understanding of draw requests and the impact on collateral.
- Complete Financial Statement analysis training. Develop skills needed to code and input the statements in compliance with Investor guidelines. Gain a better understanding of variance review and the impacts on cash flow.
- Develop the skills needed for new loan setup. This involves the review of legal documents and boarding of new loan information into the Enterprise servicing system.
- Assist the analyst group in projects needed to ensure data integrity.
- Develop an ability to effectively respond to questions from supervisors and clients.
- Enhance writing skills related to business correspondence.
- Strengthen ability to actively listen and question appropriately to gain full understanding.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Dependable and proactive self-starter with the ability to handle and manage multiple priorities
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, specifically excel and word
- Satisfactory academic progress in an Accounting, Finance, Real Estate or related program (GPA of 3.0 or greater)
# of Openings: 3
- Full Time position
- Compensation will be Market Rate
North American Construction Group (NACG) has served as an industry leader in the heavy construction and mining industries for over 65 years. In that time, we’ve proven ourselves as a safe and...
Job Title Customer Service Representative - Valleyview # of Positions Available 1 Closing Date August 5, 2019 Category Banking / Real Estate / Mortgage / Professionals, Customer Service, Sales /...
Assistant, Legal Services- Real Estate Law Corporate Services – Legal Services Are you an experienced Legal Assistant looking to work for a progressive, exciting and rewarding municipal...
Junior Capital Acquisitions Agent Real Property Asset Management Regular Full-Time Reporting to the Manager, Capital Acquisitions the position provides technical, appraisal and negotiating...
Corporate Security Advisor Real Property Asset Management Regular Full-Time Are you an individual who can draw on their vast skillset of corporate security experience to ensure the protection of...
Job Title Personal Banking Specialist - Grimshaw # of Positions Available 1 Closing Date July 26, 2019 Category Banking / Real Estate / Mortgage / Professionals, Customer Service, Sales / Retail /...
North American Construction Group (NACG) has served as an industry leader in the heavy...
Job Title Customer Service Representative - Valleyview # of Positions Available 1 Closing...
Assistant, Legal Services- Real Estate Law Corporate Services – Legal Services Are you an...
Junior Capital Acquisitions Agent Real Property Asset Management Regular Full-Time Reporting to...
Corporate Security Advisor Real Property Asset Management Regular Full-Time Are you an...
Job Title Personal Banking Specialist - Grimshaw # of Positions Available 1 Closing Date July...