Vanguard knows that where risk is concerned, prevention is the best medicine. That's why Internal Audit is one of our most valued partners; they are the experts who aid business areas in evaluating internal controls and ensure the integrity, confidentiality, and availability of business data. Because of their essential role, Audit needs dedicated specialists who can help maintain this critical line of defense.
The selected candidate(s) would start with the Internal Audit Development Team, which consists of crew who are new to auditing. While working with the Development Team, crew receive structured on-the-job training and ongoing mentoring to help ensure success to the individual and department. Benefits also include the opportunity to develop a strong professional network and improve business acumen while being exposed to multiple Vanguard Information Technology Centers of Expertise - Systems Development Life Cycle, Security & Privacy, Infrastructure & Operations - as well as Business Systems.
How you’ll spend your days
This role operates as a true partner to our business areas: working side by side with aligned departments in an agile setting, you’ll offer deep analysis of their processes, determine levels of associated risk, and evaluate controls to ensure adequacy. During the planning, testing, reporting, and follow-up steps of the audit process, you are encouraged to do proactive consultation, and identify opportunities for improvement that allow business groups to achieve operational and strategic goals.
Assignments will alternate between various business groups around the enterprise, enabling a greater impact and the opportunity to gain exposure to a variety of functions and departments. For each assignment, you’ll contribute to high-quality internal workpapers, process/control narratives, flowcharts, testing documentation, conclusions, recommendations and audit report findings. By cultivating positive and effective working relationships with these aligned business areas, and risk partners, you’ll further drive Audit’s position as a trusted advisor.
Ultimately, you’ll give Vanguard confidence that we are prepared to both serve and defend our clients and their investments.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assists in assigned work for risk-based audits and advisory engagements (including research, evaluation and analysis, and testing) to aid in identifying issues related to risk, governance, processes, technology, controls, and operating practices for areas under review.
- Attends team and client discussions throughout the engagement to assist the team with execution of audit methodology, including assessment of risk and testing effectiveness of controls.
- Learns the Vanguard businesses and audit methodology and applies knowledge in team discussions related to audit scope, testing approach, and data analysis.
- Contributes to high-quality internal workpapers and client facing deliverables such as process/control narratives, flowcharts, testing documentation, conclusions, recommendations and audit report findings to be shared with the audit team and clients.
- Effectively communicates with other risk partners to build relationships and discuss relevant work that has been performed.
- Assists with special projects and initiatives, as needed.
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, MIS, or a related discipline.
- Foundational understanding of information technology risks and controls.
- Ability to function in fast paced, ambiguous environment working with multiple and diverse responsibilities.
- Conceptual thinking aptitude.
- Effective time management skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including: written and verbal communications, willingness to assist in areas outside of direct assignments when necessary, and commitment to self-improvement and completion of team objectives.
- Interest in perusing professional certification (e.g., CISA, CIA, CISSP, etc.).
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
- Full Time position
- Compensation will be Market Rate
The Region of Peel serves a vibrant and culturally diverse community of more than 1.4 million residents and 163,000 businesses in Brampton, Caledon and Mississauga. Committed to service...
Senior Compliance Officer, Private Wealth (Chicago) Requisition ID : 18016064 Position Type: Regular Position Status: Full Time Job : Compliance Work Location : United States-Illinois-Chicago-181...
Job Overview Hyperwallet is a rapidly growing international mass payment provider, and a recognized industry innovation leader. We provide efficient, quick and cost-effective payment solutions for...
Job Overview The Director's role is to develop and maintain ongoing Technology Risk Management and Data Privacy. Adherence to and promotion of Absolute Security Policies and Technical Operations...
Director, Financial Planning & Analysis Location: Holt Renfrew - Toronto - Corporate Store Support Centre (60 Bloor Street West, Suite 1100) Department: Finance Cosmetic/Brand Line: Work...
Job Overview STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing...
The Region of Peel serves a vibrant and culturally diverse community of more than 1.4 million...
Senior Compliance Officer, Private Wealth (Chicago) Requisition ID : 18016064 Position...
Job Overview Hyperwallet is a rapidly growing international mass payment provider, and a...
Job Overview The Director's role is to develop and maintain ongoing Technology Risk Management...
Director, Financial Planning & Analysis Location: Holt Renfrew - Toronto - Corporate Store...
Job Overview STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in...