At Abbott, we're committed to helping you live your best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 99,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve.
Abbott Point of Care is a worldwide leader in providing with-patient care solutions that are intuitive, reliable, and cost-effective for our customers. By delivering lab-quality results in minutes, our i-STAT® System family of with-patient products and services fosters a collaborative, patient-centred environment while driving operational performance. We are headquartered in Princeton, New Jersey, with more than 1,500 global employees and a presence in 84 countries. Our 46,500 square metre, state-of-the-art manufacturing facility, Abbott Pointe, is located in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.
Status: Regular, Full Time
As a member of our Product Engineering Team, you will play a key role in improving manufacturing process capability by working with process, quality and test engineers to identify and address sources of variability in materials, processes and products.
In addition, you will work with R&D and New Product Introduction (NPI) to assist in the smooth and timely transition of quality processes and products to manufacturing.
- Provide assistance to ensure robust SPC/tracking and trending for on-market products
- Create and execute efficient experimental strategies using DOE methods to identify potential design improvements.
- Independently execute assigned tasks by applying standard engineering theories, concepts and techniques.
- Document results of experiments in a manner consistent with the Quality System.
- Attend cross-functional team meetings to share information
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in STEM, or equivalent;
- Minimum 1-3 years in an engineering role
- Ability to design experiments, analyze and interpret data, and document conclusions.
- Analytical skills, creativity and innovative approach to problem solving.
- Ability to determine required analysis to make practical, objective decisions about the best solutions to problems.
- Coordinating and planning skills, leadership and team skills, ability to convert strategy into results.
- Very strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills; able to deal effectively with people on all organizational levels and work in a team environment across departments.
- Propensity to continuous learning and experimentation.
- Experience with statistical software and associated scripting an asset.
Abbott Canada is committed to the hiring, advancement and fair treatment of individuals without discrimination based on factors such as race, sex, colour, ethnic or national origin, religion, disability, age, citizenship, family or marital status, political beliefs, sexual preference or other factors included in human rights legislation.
Our diversity goals for recruitment, hiring, and retention are embedded in our corporate goals, and our diversity initiatives are supported by the highest level of the organization.
We strongly believe that a diverse workforce fosters more creative and innovative thinking throughout the organization. Creating an inclusive environment, where everyone is respected and valued, enables us to leverage our diversity as a business driver and strengthens our position as a global leader.
Abbott strives to promote and maintain an inclusive, high-performing culture that allows all employees to reach their full potential and contribute to Abbott’s success.
APOC Point of Care
Canada > Ottawa : 185 Corkstown Road
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Engineering Lead Ottawa, ON Babcock Canada Inc. Experience Exciting Projects with a Career at Babcock Babcock Canada provides critical and complex support to strategically important assets,...
Client Service Manager-013656 Description Siemens Canada is building tomorrow’s talent. That’s Ingenuity for life. For more than 100 years in Canada, Siemens has been offering engaging and...
Administrative Assistant/Junior Technical Writer Ottawa, ON Babcock Canada Inc. Experience Exciting Projects with a Career at Babcock Babcock Canada provides critical and complex support to...
Sales Representative | Rideau Centre, Ottawa, ON - RET21226-18 Description Job Title: Part Time Sale Representative Location: Rideau Centre, Ottawa, ON Are you a people person obsessed with...
Technical Lead-Corporate Support (MTIS) - OTT01961 Job Family Business Support Primary Location Ottawa Position Language Requirement Bilingual (English / French) Language Skill Levels (Reading /...
Req Id: 215591 Come work for a company that loves you. At Virgin Mobile, we don’t have “customers”, we have Members. And Members get access to exclusive music events, VIP treatment, and killer...
Engineering Lead Ottawa, ON Babcock Canada Inc. Experience Exciting Projects with a Career at...
Client Service Manager-013656 Description Siemens Canada is building tomorrow’s talent. That’s...
Administrative Assistant/Junior Technical Writer Ottawa, ON Babcock Canada Inc. Experience...
Sales Representative | Rideau Centre, Ottawa, ON - RET21226-18 Description Job Title: Part Time...
Technical Lead-Corporate Support (MTIS) - OTT01961 Job Family Business Support Primary...
Req Id: 215591 Come work for a company that loves you. At Virgin Mobile, we don’t have...