Intermediate Document Controller - BRI00J6
: Engineering Data Management (EDM)
Employment Type: Staff
Job Level: Experienced
: May 28, 2018
: Jun 15, 2018
Reporting Manager Title: Manager, Engineering Data Management
WorleyParsons is a recognized leader in providing professional services to the energy, resources, chemicals and infrastructure industries, and we continue to push boundaries and extend our capabilities around the world. We cover the full lifecycle – from creating new assets to sustaining and enhancing operating assets on a global scale – taking pride in providing safe and high-quality services that exceed our clients’ expectations.
Intermediate Document Control (Site)
This is a site based position at a work location in Coquitlam, British Columbia. As there is no public transit links available it will require that applicants have their own transport to access the work location. The position is not an assignment or a rotational position.
The Document Control staff support the projects in the areas of Records Management, Engineering Documents, issuance of client documents, contractor data coordination, turnover and archiving of project records.
- Receive, log, track, file, monitor and reporting of all engineering, contractor, field inspector and client drawings in an Electronic Data Management System.
- Process and control all site documents, which include but not limited to, Requests for Information and Site Queries, drawings and project deliverables in accordance with established guidelines and client specific procedures.
- Process and control field Inspector Construction Reports, Contractor Daily reports, Site Investigation Reports, HSE Incident Reports, etc.
- Expedite the review and approval of all deliverables and contractor documentation.
- Manage record document flow to and from all appropriate parties.
- Maintain an awareness of document handling techniques and be responsible for adherence to the document control procedures.
- Monitoring all drawings and documentation requirements as outlined by pre-set schedules to ensure deadlines are met.
- Provide routine quality checks on all outgoing documentation in accordance with established WorleyParsons and Client guidelines.
- Respond to internal and external drawing and document requests.
- Effective and timely archiving or project records.
What you will bring
Technical and Industry Experience:
- Demonstrated previous experience working at a client’s site location.
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in computerized and manual document control management in an oil/gas related industry.
- Experience in managing records within an Electronic Document Management System
- Experience in various electronic drawing file formats.
- Thorough knowledge of project documentation and engineering terminology.
- Must have strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical and organization skills.
- Self starter and be able to work independently as well as a team.
WorleyParsons will offer you a competitive compensation and benefits package, plus a friendly, professional and dynamic working environment with the opportunity to develop your career prospects within Canada and on a global scale.
When you join WorleyParsons, you’ll join an equal opportunity employer that believes in the inherent benefits of a diverse workplace and that promotes inclusion and flexibility. We encourage applications from a diverse population of people that reflect the range of countries, cultures and contexts spanned by our operations. Our people are at the heart of our processes – we value everyone’s personal wellbeing and contributions.
Only those candidates with appropriate qualifications and experience will be contacted directly.
Please note: No agency representation or submissions will be recognized for this vacancy.
Are you an experienced civil or mechanical engineer looking to grow your career with a world-class institution? If so, we would love to hear from you. Consistently ranked as one of B.C.’s top...
One of the sunniest regions in BC's Lower Mainland, Delta embraces three unique communities - Ladner, North Delta and Tsawwassen. The City of Delta is looking for dedicated individuals to join...
Find out why our AMAZING employees love working for the City of Port Coquitlam! Affectionately known as “PoCo”, we are an award winning organization made up of a diverse and dedicated team of...
Regular Full-time (35 hours per week) The City of White Rock is a unique, ocean-side community of 20,000 citizens known for its sunny weather, expansive beach, historic pier, delightful...
<< Back to Job Openings Quality Control Technician Company: Vancouver Shipyards Company - Location: Vancouver Shipyards - North Vancouver, BC Description The Quality Control (QC) Technician is...
The City of Port Moody is a growing community of 34,000 residents located 30 minutes east of downtown Vancouver at the head of the Burrard Inlet and just steps from seaside parks, mountain trails...
Are you an experienced civil or mechanical engineer looking to grow your career with a...
One of the sunniest regions in BC's Lower Mainland, Delta embraces three unique communities -...
Find out why our AMAZING employees love working for the City of Port Coquitlam! Affectionately...
Regular Full-time (35 hours per week) The City of White Rock is a unique, ocean-side community...
<< Back to Job Openings Quality Control Technician Company: Vancouver Shipyards Company -...
The City of Port Moody is a growing community of 34,000 residents located 30 minutes east of...