BDO is a firm built on a foundation of positive relationships with our people and our clients. Each day, we rely on our professionals to provide exceptional service, and help our clients by providing advice and insight they can trust. In turn, we offer an environment that fosters a people-first culture with a high priority on your personal and professional growth.
Our Whitehorse office is looking for an Intermediate Accountant to join the Private Enterprise Group and own the following responsibilities:
- Providing support with review and compilation engagements for a variety of clients primarily owner managed businesses and not-for-profit organizations.
- Preparation and review of regular external filings and Tax assignments such as GST, PST, WCB, T1, T2’s T4’s and T5’s, including CRA audit and support requests
- Provide support to clients and staff on general questions regarding accounting and bookkeeping issues
- Working collaboratively within the team to provide support to our clients
How do we define success for your role?
- You demonstrate BDO's core values through all aspect of your work: Integrity, Respect and Collaboration
- You understand your client’s industry, challenges, and opportunities; client describe you as positive, professional, and delivering high quality work
- You identify, recommend, and are focused on effective service delivery to your clients
- You share in an inclusive and engaging work environment that develops, retains & attracts talent
- You actively participate in the adoption of digital tools and strategies to drive an innovative workplace
- You grow your expertise through learning and professional development.
Your experience and education
- You will be pursuing your CPA designation.
- You have 1-2 years of audit experience in the public accounting industry.
- You live in the Whitehorse area or are willing to relocate to the area
- you have full working rights in Canada
- You value teamwork, client service, and quality in detailed work.
- You display strong problem solving, analytical, and communication skills.
Our firm is committed to providing an environment where you can be successful in the following ways:
- Firm success - We enable you to engage with the firm's strategic plan, and be a key contributor to the success and growth of the firm.
- Professional success - We help you be the best professional you can be in our services, industries and markets.
- Personal success - Achieve your personal goals outside of the office and make an impact on your community.
Giving back, it adds up: Where company meets community. BDO is actively involved in our communities by supporting local charity initiatives. We support staff with local and national events where you will be given the opportunity to contribute to your community.
Total rewards that matter: We pay for performance with competitive total cash compensation that recognizes and rewards your contribution. We provide flexible benefits from day one, and flexible time off through vacation, personal, and volunteer days. We are committed to supporting your overall wellness beyond working hours, and provide reimbursement for wellness initiatives that fit your lifestyle.
Everyone counts: We believe every employee should have the opportunity to participate and succeed. Through leadership by our Chief Inclusion and Diversity Officer, we are committed to a workplace culture of respect, inclusion, and diversity. We recognize and celebrate the valuable differences among each of us, including race, religious beliefs, physical or mental disabilities, age, place of origin, marital status, family status, gender or gender identity and sexual orientation. If you require accommodation to complete the application process, please contact us.
Ready to make your mark at BDO? Click “Apply now” to send your up-to-date resume to one of our Talent Acquisition Specialists.
To explore other opportunities at BDO, check out our careers page .
Permanent, Full time Be a part of a successful and growing team! We are currently looking for a Manager to oversee our Water & Waste Services department. Working for the City of Whitehorse means...
Permanent, Full time Be a part of a successful and growing team! We are currently looking for a...