A Cold Lake Instrumentation Electrical technician is available at Imperial's Cold Lake, Alberta location. The city of Cold Lake is located in the western Canadian province of Alberta. It is approximately 294 km (180 miles) northeast of Edmonton, 170 km (100 miles) north of Lloydminster, and 588 km (375 miles) northeast of Calgary. The area offers all major amenities without crowds and traffic, world class recreational facilities and numerous types of outdoor activities. This is NOT a fly in/out opportunity and camp is not provided. Relocation to the Cold Lake area is required.
This is an excellent opportunity for instrument or electrical persons to obtain dual certification in both electrical and instrumentation. Your primary responsibilities will include maintaining and troubleshooting process control Instrumentation for assigned units, identifying upgrades to optimize equipment functionality and supporting the testing of new technologies.
- Managing the maintenance for assigned units
- Identifying operational upgrades to optimize equipment functionality and extend equipment life
- Supporting testing of new technologies
- Maintaining the housekeeping standard for the shop and work areas
- Focusing on "Best Practices" implementation and development
- Rotating through field and plant units
- Using root cause analysis to resolve high cost or recurring problems
- Participating in the proactive safety program
- Taking responsibility for costs within area of control
- High school diploma or GED is a minimum requirement
One of the following certifications:
- Journeyman ticket in either Instrumentation or Electrician
- Instrumentation Engineering Technology diploma
- Dual instrument and electrical ticket is a benefit or willing to work towards obtaining 2nd ticket
- Solid technical understanding of maintenance practices
- Valid class 5 driver's license and safe driving record are required
- Desirable experienced includes Modicon and Reliance PLC experience, Honeywell DCS familiarity, analyzer experience such as PH, Conductivity, combustion and O2. Bentley Nevada vibration, SAP experience. Experience with Fisher valves and Rosemount transmitters would be helpful
- Ability to work in a safe manner, understanding all applicable safety and environmental guidelines and procedures
- Good team and communication skills
- Computer skills
- Measurement skills
- Ability to works with minimal supervision
- Adaptability to changing conditions
Start date: Q2, 2018
Location: Cold Lake, AB
- A company committed to career growth - we recruit those who are interested in a career with Imperial and prefer to develop and promote people from within. Our career management process means that you will likely perform a number of unique, challenging roles during your career.
- Successful networking and mentoring programs - enable you to spend time with managers from across the organization to learn about other departments and opportunities. Also allows you to connect with peers at a similar experience level.
- Commitment to safety, ethics & continuous improvement – these standards are the reason Imperial is an industry leader. You will work for a company that upholds safety and ethics ideals and continues to seek out ways to improve.
- Exceptional benefits program - includes competitive savings, retirement, and healthcare plans that you can customize to meet your individual needs. A comprehensive relocation package is provided, if required. Educational and physical fitness financial assistance programs round out our benefits package.
- Continous learning environment – encourages you to augment your skills and capabilities.
- If you are talented, driven, and want to make meaningful contributions that really impact environmental, safety and bottom line objectives, then you owe it to yourself to apply with Imperial.
Who we are
As an integrated energy company, we explore for, produce, refine and market products essential to society. Whether it's finding oil and gas, making and selling high-quality petroleum products, or investing in innovative research, our business helps ensure Canada's quality of life and energy future. We are Canada's largest refiner of petroleum products. It’s hard to imagine life without the products manufactured from hydrocarbons. They fuel our economies, heat our homes and make our lives easier and more enjoyable. Like you, we are concerned about the effects on the environment and in 2016 we invested $195 million on research and technology and have access to $1 billion per year of research through our majority shareholder, ExxonMobil.
- For applicants selected to be interviewed, pre-employment background screening will be required.
- We thank all those who apply; however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Eligibility to work in Canada
Applicants must be permanently eligible to work in Canada. Proof of eligibility must be in the form of a copy of your Canadian birth certificate, Canadian passport, Canadian citizenship certificate or Canadian certificate of permanent residence. Document must be current and valid (not expired, cancelled or voided). Proof of eligibility is required if an offer is made.
Application Deadline: June 12, 2018
Imperial is committed to providing equitable treatment and equal opportunity to all individuals.
In certain situations, Imperial may use your application to consider your suitability for other positions in the company and may also provide the information to its affiliates, including affiliates of Exxon Mobil Corporation, in connection with possible opportunities at those affiliates.
Our client is looking for an individual to join their team for a six month contract about 30 km northwest of Cold Lake AB as a Thermal Maintenance Planner/scheduler. This role requires a highly...
Register with BOWEN and join our talent community in the Cold Lake area. We are always looking for top talent like you in the following areas: supply chain, plant operations, administration,...
Our client is looking for an individual to complete a six month contact in Cold Lake AB. The Process Operator is responsible for liaising with the Control Room Technician (CRT) and other...
Financial Services Representative II- Intake Requisition ID : 18021215 Position Type: Regular Position Status: Full Time Job : Sales Work Location : Canada-Alberta-Cold Lake-5105 50th Ave. P.O....
- Successful completion of an approved Canadian Society for Medical Laboratory Science course in Medical Technology. - Current registration as a member of the Canadian Society for Medical...
- Grade 12 plus graduation from a recognized Home Support Attendant/ Resident Care Aid Program or equivalent combination of current education, training and experience. - Registered on the BC Care...
Our client is looking for an individual to join their team for a six month contract about 30 km...
Register with BOWEN and join our talent community in the Cold Lake area. We are always looking...
Our client is looking for an individual to complete a six month contact in Cold Lake AB. The...
Financial Services Representative II- Intake Requisition ID : 18021215 Position...
- Successful completion of an approved Canadian Society for Medical Laboratory Science course in...
- Grade 12 plus graduation from a recognized Home Support Attendant/ Resident Care Aid Program...