You will apply your instrument and electrical engineering skills in a team environment, working with experienced technical, maintenance and process personnel to improve production capability, equipment reliability and maintenance efficiency.
Examples of specific job responsibilities:
- Providing instrument and electrical technical support for ongoing operations, shutdown maintenance work and new installations
- Identifying instrument and electrical problems and developing solutions to maintain and improve operations
- Planning, designing and execution of capital and maintenance projects in the instrument and electrical disciplines
- Regular interaction with engineering contractors, electricians, instrument technicians and operations
- Recent graduate with BSc in Electrical Engineering
- To be considered for employment, your most recent unoffical transcript(s) must be submitted with your application
Start date: July 2018
Location: Sarnia, Ontario
- A company committed to career growth - we recruit those who are interested in a career with Imperial and prefer to develop and promote people from within. Our career management process means that you will likely perform a number of unique, challenging roles during your career.
- Successful networking and mentoring programs - enables you to spend time with managers from across the organization to learn about other departments and opportunities. Also allows you to connect with peers at a similar experience level.
- Commitment to safety, ethics & continuous improvement - these standards are the reason Imperial is an industry leader. You will work for a company that upholds safety and ethics ideals and continues to seek out ways to improve.
- Exceptional benefits program - includes competitive savings, retirement, and healthcare plans that you can customize to meet your individual needs. A comprehensive relocation package is provided, if required. Educational and physical fitness financial assistance programs round out our benefits package.
- Continuous learning environment - encourages you to augment your skills and capabilities.
- If you are talented, driven, and want to make meaningful contributions that really impact environmental, safety and bottom line objectives, then you owe it to yourself to apply with Imperial.
- Competitive vacation package - provides you with three weeks of vacation (the first year is pro-rated based on your hiring date) and one scheduled Friday off per month
Who we are
A leading member of Canada’s energy industry, Imperial offers exciting opportunities across our upstream, downstream and chemical, and corporate divisions. We are committed to high standards, applying technology and innovation to meet energy demands in a safe, reliable and environmentally sound manner. No matter what your career path, we provide the platform to elevate your goals and achieve your ambitions, while providing support through wide-ranging programs and benefits.
For applicants selected to be interviewed, pre-employment background screening will be required.
We thank all those who apply; however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Eligibility to work in Canada
Applicants must be permanently eligible to work in Canada. Proof of eligibility must be in the form of a copy of your Canadian birth certificate, Canadian passport, Canadian citizenship certificate or Canadian certificate of permanent residence. Document must be current and valid (not expired, cancelled or voided). Proof of eligibility is required if an offer is made.
Application deadline: June 5, 2018
Imperial is committed to providing equitable treatment and equal opportunity to all individuals.
In certain situations, Imperial may use your application to consider your suitability for other positions in the company and may also provide the information to its affiliates, including affiliates of Exxon Mobil Corporation, in connection with possible opportunities at those affiliates.
TAMS (An AECOM Company) is seeking a Boilermaker Planner to join our Shutdown Team at our Sarnia Imperial Oil location. This is a fulltime position. The Boilermaker Planner is responsible for...
Employee Type: Regular-Full time WE= unlimited potential We didn’t get to be a leader in energy delivery or ranked on the Global 100 Most Sustainable Corporations index on our own. We did it in...
LOCATION: Sarnia, Ontario (CA-ON) JOB NUMBER: 25864 Job Overview Are you looking to join a dynamic team where you can expand on your reliability planning and SAP expertise? Are you a self-starter...
Intermediate Piping Designer - SAR007K Company: WorleyParsons Primary Location : CAN-ON-Sarnia Job : Piping Schedule : Full-time Employment Type: Staff Job Level: Experienced Job...
Financial Services Representative II Requisition ID : 18015490 Position Type: Regular Position Status: Full Time Job : Sales Work Location : Canada-Ontario-Sarnia-1170 London Rd. Unposting...
Manager, Banking Centre Requisition ID : 18016342 Position Type: Regular Position Status: Full Time Job : Management Work Location : Canada-Ontario-Sarnia-478 Exmouth St. Unposting Date : Oct 12,...
TAMS (An AECOM Company) is seeking a Boilermaker Planner to join our Shutdown Team at our Sarnia...
Employee Type: Regular-Full time WE= unlimited potential We didn’t get to be a leader in energy...
LOCATION: Sarnia, Ontario (CA-ON) JOB NUMBER: 25864 Job Overview Are you looking to join a...
Intermediate Piping Designer - SAR007K Company: WorleyParsons Primary...
Financial Services Representative II Requisition ID : 18015490 Position Type: Regular Position...
Manager, Banking Centre Requisition ID : 18016342 Position Type: Regular Position Status: Full...