Indigenous Internship Program - (180431)
: Edelman Practice Area: Corporate
As part of our commitment to diversity, Edelman Vancouver’s Indigenous
Internship Program is part of our continuing commitment to help ensure that all voices have a place at the table.
When it comes to planning, or creating communications programs for Canadians
and Canadian clients, this is essential. As such, we’re looking for an
Indigenous intern to join our communication marketing team.
The goal of the program is to
introduce Indigenous post-secondary students/graduates to the business fundamentals
of communications marketing and to be involved in daily account activities.
All qualified applicants to apply
are encouraged to apply however preference will be given to Indigenous
applicants for this position.
The internship is a full-time commitment for up to 16 weeks.
Intern, will work in one of several areas
including (but not limited to):
and expand your understanding of Communications Marketing including
emerging technologies and trends in our industry
a knowledge of all aspects of media relations, including media monitoring,
media outreach and writing
a knowledge of social media and digital applications and platforms,
including content development for social channels
- Develop research and
writing skills to be used for existing and new business
- Participate in
- Develop specific
knowledge of the clients, industries, and practices within which you work
- Manage your time
effectively and efficiently and complete accurate time sheets
- Be proficient in
using standard business software packages including Word, Excel,
PowerPoint, and Outlook as well as social media tools as appropriate
- Comply with all
company Policies and Procedures
- Currently have completed (or in the process of completing), a post-secondary program in a related field to communications marketing (e.g. Public Relations, Communications, Marketing, Creative and/or Advertising, Political Science, etc.)
- Possess excellent Inter-personal skills and communication skills - both written and verbal
- Ability to proactively manage own time (using agency time tracking tools) to deliver quality outputs efficiently
- Demonstrate an understanding of today’s news and media landscape
- Possess an interest in public, social and business issues
- Have excellent writing and editing skills, in a wide variety of formats
- Familiarity with working with creative teams
- Sound judgment, strong initiative and an interest in creative problem-solving
- A proactive self-starter with excellent organizational skills, and the ability to adapt to change and adjust to competing deadlines
- Ability to effectively manage several projects or assignments, seeking assistance in prioritizing when needed
- Ability to work well independently or within a team
- Ability to present ideas and articulate concepts convincingly
- Committed and enthusiastic
Should you be interested in applying for this role, please send your résumé and cover. Only those candidates short listed for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in working with Edelman Canada.
How to Apply
Please submit a resume and cover letter online. Only those candidates short listed for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in working with Edelman Vancouver
Edelman is a leading global communications marketing firm that partners with many of the world’s largest and emerging businesses and organizations, helping them evolve, promote and protect their brands and reputations. Edelman was awarded the Grand Prix Cannes Lion for PR in 2014; six Cannes Lions in 2015; and the Grand Prix in the Titanium category in 2016. The firm was named “2016 Global Agency of the Year” by the Holmes Report, and one of Advertising Age’s “Agencies to Watch” in 2014. In 2015, Edelman was among Glassdoor’s “Best Places to Work” for the fifth time. Edelman owns specialty firms Edelman Intelligence (research) and United Entertainment Group (entertainment, sports, experiential), a joint venture with United Talent Agency. Visit http://www.edelman.com for more information.
: Client Services - Corporate
: Mar 8, 2018, 3:38:59 PM
Applying for a job
Select "Apply Online" to apply for a specific job. You can also use the "Add to My Job Cart" button to add it to your job cart and apply later.