MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Our division works on some of the most complex financial challenges and transactions in the market today. Whether advising on a merger, providing financial solutions for an acquisition, or structuring an initial public offering, we handle projects that help clients at major milestones. We work with corporations, pension funds, financial sponsors, and governments and are team of strong analytical thinkers, who have a passion for producing out-of-the-box ideas.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
The global Investment Banking Division (IBD) strives to provide best-in-class advice and execution excellence on complex transactions across mergers and acquisitions and financing (including equity offerings, debt issuances and derivative transactions).
The Data Resources Group (DRG) provides research support to global IBD.
DRG’s responsibilities broadly involve receiving data requests from IBD analysts and associates and providing the same from proprietary and third party databases. The function includes interpreting the request, understanding the deadline, identifying the database best suited for the job, retrieving the data, reviewing the data for any apparent anomalies and charting or presenting the data in agreed formats.
- Liaise with IBD deal teams to ensure an exact understanding of requirements and provide concise and focused research via databases
- Ensure deliverables are completed in a timely manner and adhere to quality standards
- Develop and maintain relationships with IBD Analysts and Associates across regions
- In partnership with Compliance and Banking Technology understand and explain copyright and data usage issues as required
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business, Economics and / or relevant field
- Minimum 2 months of experience in financial services / related field
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Understanding of Microsoft Office products, tools and utilities for business use
- Excellent academic credentials
- Experience with third party databases like Thomson Reuters, Capital IQ and Dealogic
- Interest in financial markets and familiarity with emerging business, economic and market trends
- Candidate must be proactive, enthusiastic and team oriented
- Ability and dedication to meet strict and aggressive deadlines
- Analytical mindset with an eye for details
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Job ID: 2017-40620
Schedule Type: Full Time
Function(s): Finance, Investment Banking
Division: Investment Banking Division
Business Unit: Data Resources Group
Employment Type: Employee
- Full Time position
- Compensation will be Market Rate
Bilingual Analyst, Retail Solutions Group Requisition ID : 19000214 Position Type: Regular Position Status: Full Time Job : Capital Markets Work Location : Canada-Ontario-Toronto-199 Bay Street...
Associate, Corporate Finance Requisition ID : 19000277 Position Type: Regular Position Status: Full Time Job : Commercial/Business Banking Work Location : Canada-Ontario-Toronto-199 Bay Street 4th...
Analyst – ASG Distribution (12 Month Contract) Requisition ID : 18019459 Position Type: Temporary Position Status: Full Time Job : Capital Markets Work Location : Canada-Ontario-Toronto-161 Bay...
Job Description: Bank of America is one of the world's largest financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small and middle market businesses and large corporations with a full range of...
Investment Banking Analyst Associate Global Mining & Metals Primary Location : ON-Central GTA-Toronto Employee Status : Regular Schedule : Full-time Description National Bank of Canada (“National...
What is the opportunity? Reporting to the Director, Actuarial & Risk Management of GRMI (Group Risk Management – Insurance), the incumbent will be responsible for the quarterly CALM valuation...
Bilingual Analyst, Retail Solutions Group Requisition ID : 19000214 Position...
Associate, Corporate Finance Requisition ID : 19000277 Position Type: Regular Position...
Analyst – ASG Distribution (12 Month Contract) Requisition ID : 18019459 Position...
Job Description: Bank of America is one of the world's largest financial institutions, serving...
Investment Banking Analyst Associate Global Mining & Metals Primary Location : ON-Central...
What is the opportunity? Reporting to the Director, Actuarial & Risk Management of GRMI (Group...