BDO. Because relationships matter.
There are many world-class accounting & advisory firms. Far fewer that offer a culture so rich in professional opportunity, personal fulfillment, and long-term growth. At BDO, we understand that exceptional service to our clients begins – and ends – with exceptional regard for our people. Because at its core, our business is not about numbers or spreadsheets, dollars or pence, but about people working with, for, and in service of others. In short, because relationships matter.
BDO Canada LLP has an exciting opportunity for a Human Resources Manager to support to our Toronto Centre (Downtown) clients in the GTA Group. Reporting to the Senior Manager, Human Resources GTA & National, the Human Resources Manager will be the key HR point of contact responsible for advising clients on all aspects of the talent agenda and experience. The HR Manager will work with HR Centers of Expertise and GTA Leaders to deliver the BDO talent experience - positioning people for Firm, Professional and Personal Success.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Build and maintain strong, advisory relationships with Toronto Centre & GTA Leaders
- Enables leaders to lead and effectively engage their people
- Advise leaders on all talent related matters including employee relations and engagement, performance, rewards, organizational structure, workforce planning, inclusion and diversity, development, acquisition, policy application and others as required
- Partner with the Centers of Expertise and leads change processes to transform and deliver the BDO Talent Experience
- Work with the HR team to deliver all elements of the National Talent Strategy across the Group
- Work with the Senior Manager to inform and shape the National Talent Strategy
- Participate on / lead national HR projects
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
- Enjoys having fun doing serious work in a collaborative fast-paced environment
- Gets things done
- A high focus on advising clients
- A savvy advisor who develops the best possible recommendations for clients and enables leaders
- A curious and proactive problem solver who develops solutions that enable firm, professional and personal success
- Collaborative and constructive
- Always seeks to improve processes
- Able to effectively manage multiple priorities in a complex, matrix environment
- An effective written and verbal communicator
- Comfortable facilitating presentations and discussions
- Post-secondary graduate with a degree or diploma a relevant field
- CHRP/L designation completed or in progress
- Minimum 3-5 years’ of progressive experience as an HR Generalist or HR Manager
- Working knowledge of relevant HR legislation
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
Why Work for BDO?
- BDO offers market leading work flexibility enabled by technology and a supportive team
- Opportunity to develop through projects
- BDO is the 5th largest accounting and advisory network in the world
- At BDO we consider our people to be our most valuable asset; we offer the opportunity to grow and develop in an innovative and collaborative environment.
- We offer an unmatched degree of flexibility to help you professionally and personally succeed
- We provide competitive salaries, a flexible benefits package and a matching RRSP option
- Opportunity to work with a diverse team
The best professional services firm in the mid-market.
Operations Agent, National Bank Financial Primary Location : ON-Central GTA-Toronto Employee Status : Regular Schedule : Full-time Number of hours (if position is part-time indicate the number of...
Branch Advisors GTA East / West Primary Location : ON-Eastern GTA Employee Status : Regular Schedule : Full-time Number of hours (if position is part-time indicate the number of...
At MNP we pride ourselves on being different – it’s our entrepreneurial drive that sets us apart. It’s the same drive that’s helped us become Canada’s fastest growing national firm. We foster...
Main location downtown Local Travel Required Deskside experience For this position local travel within the GTA is required. Must have own vehicle (mileage and travel time expensed) Our client,...
Six core values guide us in everything that we do. Do what’s right Deliver winning results Build collaborative teams Get things done in a fact-based, disciplined way Learn and grow, inwardly and...
Territory Manager- Infant Nutrition( Job Number: 190000JV) Description Infant Nutrition Territory Manager -Toronto Area- Good Food, Good Life is the very essence of Nestlé. This philosophy can...
Operations Agent, National Bank Financial Primary Location : ON-Central GTA-Toronto Employee...
Branch Advisors GTA East / West Primary Location : ON-Eastern GTA Employee...
At MNP we pride ourselves on being different – it’s our entrepreneurial drive that sets us...
Main location downtown Local Travel Required Deskside experience For this position local travel...
Six core values guide us in everything that we do. Do what’s right Deliver winning results Build...
Territory Manager- Infant Nutrition( Job Number: 190000JV) Description Infant Nutrition...