Reporting to the Northern Alberta Regional HSE Manager, the HSE Advisor will be required to assist with providing HSE leadership, support and recommendations to supervisors and workers in efforts to advance the Safety Culture of Clark Builders.
- Have a working knowledge of the Clark Builders Health Safety & Environment Management System (HSEMS)
- Advise and collaborate with the Project Management Team and Regional HSE Manager
- Assist with the development and implementation of the Project Specific HSE Plan
- Provide information applicable health, safety, and environment legislation and regulations
- Assist in the development and implementation of the Emergency Response Plan (ERP)
- Verify that the applicable ERP procedures are part of the Project HSE Plan
- Verify that site supervisors have adequately prepared their employees to act appropriately in emergency response situations Verify the project is following the Project Specific HSE Plan standards contained through auditing and observation
- Provide support in the development of hazard assessments prior to project start, and during the life cycle of the project for medium to high level risk activities
- Assist project personnel in conducting field level Pre-Task Hazard Assessments (PTA) when required
- Conduct PTA audits for accuracy and relevance to the work being performed
- Complete HSE training and orientations for project personnel
- In conjunction with the Project Superintendent, accompanying local government OH&S inspectors during workplace inspections and verify corrective measures necessary to comply with legislation are taken
- Evaluate the subcontractor’s pre-qualification documentation to determine the ability to achieve expected HSE performance
- Monitor subcontractor safety performance and verify correction and redirection as needed
- Perform audits and additional inspections as directed by project management
- Verify that corrective actions identified during inspections are implemented
- Evaluate HSE inspection reports to identify unsatisfactory performance trends
- Assist in preparing trending reports for leading and lagging indicators and following up on any noted deficiencies
- Prepare monthly HSE performance statistics and circulate to project management and as otherwise directed by project management
- Provide support and recommendations with the incident investigation process
- Assist with the implementation, communication and review of the project specific Emergency Response Plan
- Assist with permitting requirements as defined by the client and Clark Builders Health Safety & Environment Management System
- Maintain HSEMS documentation (HSE inspections, Pre-Task Hazard Assessments, Safety Data Sheets (SDS), Toolbox and HSE Meetings, etc.)
- Attends client progress meetings, Contractor Start-Up meetings, daily/weekly various safety meetings
- Maintains positive and professional working relationships while interacting and communicating with all levels of management, clients, consultants and visitors to promote safety
- Collaborate with the WCB Claims Coordinator on injuries
- Performs other related duties as assigned by Management
Skills & Knowledge:
- Must have Industrial construction industry field experience
- Must be a leader of safety excellence, resourceful, organized and understand the principles of Health and Safety Management
- Strong attention to detail, effective communication skills; confident interacting with key contacts in verbal, written and electronic form
- Must display a high level of autonomy in order to prioritize work tasks and deliver results
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated willingness to contribute actively in team activities, sharing experiences and ideas
- Ability to manage multiple assignments with tight timelines
- Positive attitude, strong client focus and results driven
- Excellent organizational skills that demonstrates the ability to resolve conflicting priorities
- Ability to identify problems/issues, generate solutions, resolve conflict, and make sound decisions
- Must have a good understanding of workplace health principles, industry best practices and standards, WCB Claims Management, Environmental and Provincial Occupational Health and Safety Legislation
- Must have the ability to maintain confidential information
- Multitask and work in a team environment
- Must have a valid Alberta drivers’ license
Qualifications & Experience:
- Minimum 5 years
- Professional designation preferred (CRSP, CSP, ASP, NCSO, etc.)
- Standard first aid is required but advanced first aid / Emergency Medical Responder is preferred
- Proficient/intermediate Microsoft Office Suite
This posting is to fill a full-time 1-year term position and anticipatory term positions. Temporary Assignments may be considered. Highways and Public Works Leaders… Building Foundations Inspiring...
Applications are now being accepted for a full-time position of Implementation Manager, IT Infrastructure located in Whitehorse, YT. Duties: Reviewing business plan objectives for specific...
Highways and Public Works Leaders… Building Foundations Inspiring Innovation Exceeding Expectations Without a firm foundation, nothing lasts. Yukon’s Department of Highways and Public Works...
This posting is to fill a full-time 1-year term position with the possibility of an extension. Temporary Assignments may be considered. Highways and Public Works Leaders… Building...
This competition is for a full-time permanent position, working 75 hours bi-weekly. The Department of Justice is working to ensure Yukon remains a safe, secure, and healthy place to live and work....
This posting is for Full-time Permanent position ( 75 hours bi-weekly) Reporting to the Director, Safety and Clinical Excellence, this position is responsible for the research, development,...
This posting is to fill a full-time 1-year term position and anticipatory term...
Applications are now being accepted for a full-time position of Implementation Manager, IT...
Highways and Public Works Leaders… Building Foundations Inspiring Innovation Exceeding...
This posting is to fill a full-time 1-year term position with the possibility of an...
This competition is for a full-time permanent position, working 75 hours bi-weekly. The...
This posting is for Full-time Permanent position ( 75 hours bi-weekly) Reporting to the...