Reporting to the Northern Alberta Regional HSE Manager, the HSE Advisor will be required to assist with providing HSE leadership, support and recommendations to supervisors and workers in efforts to advance the Safety Culture of Clark Builders.
- Have a working knowledge of the Clark Builders Health Safety & Environment Management System (HSEMS)
- Advise and collaborate with the Project Management Team and Regional HSE Manager
- Assist with the development and implementation of the Project Specific HSE Plan
- Provide information applicable health, safety, and environment legislation and regulations
- Assist in the development and implementation of the Emergency Response Plan (ERP)
- Verify that the applicable ERP procedures are part of the Project HSE Plan
- Verify that site supervisors have adequately prepared their employees to act appropriately in emergency response situations Verify the project is following the Project Specific HSE Plan standards contained through auditing and observation
- Provide support in the development of hazard assessments prior to project start, and during the life cycle of the project for medium to high level risk activities
- Assist project personnel in conducting field level Pre-Task Hazard Assessments (PTA) when required
- Conduct PTA audits for accuracy and relevance to the work being performed
- Complete HSE training and orientations for project personnel
- In conjunction with the Project Superintendent, accompanying local government OH&S inspectors during workplace inspections and verify corrective measures necessary to comply with legislation are taken
- Evaluate the subcontractor’s pre-qualification documentation to determine the ability to achieve expected HSE performance
- Monitor subcontractor safety performance and verify correction and redirection as needed
- Perform audits and additional inspections as directed by project management
- Verify that corrective actions identified during inspections are implemented
- Evaluate HSE inspection reports to identify unsatisfactory performance trends
- Assist in preparing trending reports for leading and lagging indicators and following up on any noted deficiencies
- Prepare monthly HSE performance statistics and circulate to project management and as otherwise directed by project management
- Provide support and recommendations with the incident investigation process
- Assist with the implementation, communication and review of the project specific Emergency Response Plan
- Assist with permitting requirements as defined by the client and Clark Builders Health Safety & Environment Management System
- Maintain HSEMS documentation (HSE inspections, Pre-Task Hazard Assessments, Safety Data Sheets (SDS), Toolbox and HSE Meetings, etc.)
- Attends client progress meetings, Contractor Start-Up meetings, daily/weekly various safety meetings
- Maintains positive and professional working relationships while interacting and communicating with all levels of management, clients, consultants and visitors to promote safety
- Collaborate with the WCB Claims Coordinator on injuries
- Performs other related duties as assigned by Management
Skills & Knowledge:
- Must have Industrial construction industry field experience
- Must be a leader of safety excellence, resourceful, organized and understand the principles of Health and Safety Management
- Strong attention to detail, effective communication skills; confident interacting with key contacts in verbal, written and electronic form
- Must display a high level of autonomy in order to prioritize work tasks and deliver results
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated willingness to contribute actively in team activities, sharing experiences and ideas
- Ability to manage multiple assignments with tight timelines
- Positive attitude, strong client focus and results driven
- Excellent organizational skills that demonstrates the ability to resolve conflicting priorities
- Ability to identify problems/issues, generate solutions, resolve conflict, and make sound decisions
- Must have a good understanding of workplace health principles, industry best practices and standards, WCB Claims Management, Environmental and Provincial Occupational Health and Safety Legislation
- Must have the ability to maintain confidential information
- Multitask and work in a team environment
- Must have a valid Alberta drivers’ license
Qualifications & Experience:
- Minimum 5 years
- Professional designation preferred (CRSP, CSP, ASP, NCSO, etc.)
- Standard first aid is required but advanced first aid / Emergency Medical Responder is preferred
- Proficient/intermediate Microsoft Office Suite
This position is responsible for the supervision of all activities and staff in the sample preparation department and participates in production as required. This is inclusive of but not limited...
The Yukon Workers' Compensation Board's mandate is to prevent disability in Yukon workplaces by promoting an integrated culture of safety, by facilitating proactive and innovative return to work...
Nurse Practitioner-WHI00000131 Description Goldcorp is one of the world’s fastest growing senior gold producers with operations and development projects located in safe jurisdictions throughout...
Applications are now being accepted for a full-time position of Customer Solutions Expert located in Whitehorse, YT. This position is responsible for supporting the Sales process by designing...
13-Apr-2018 Whitehorse Yukon Territory Store Location 9021 QUARTZ RD., WHITEHORSE, YT, Y1A 4P9 Company Summary What started small, with a single discount store and the simple idea of selling more...
23-Mar-2018 Whitehorse Yukon Territory Store Location 9021 QUARTZ RD., WHITEHORSE, YT, Y1A 4P9 Company Summary What started small, with a single discount store and the simple idea of selling more...
This position is responsible for the supervision of all activities and staff in the sample...
The Yukon Workers' Compensation Board's mandate is to prevent disability in Yukon workplaces by...
Nurse Practitioner-WHI00000131 Description Goldcorp is one of the world’s fastest growing senior...
Applications are now being accepted for a full-time position of Customer Solutions Expert...
13-Apr-2018 Whitehorse Yukon Territory Store Location 9021 QUARTZ RD., WHITEHORSE, YT, Y1A...
23-Mar-2018 Whitehorse Yukon Territory Store Location 9021 QUARTZ RD., WHITEHORSE, YT, Y1A...