HSCM - (18006823)
McKesson is in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. At McKesson Canada, we touch the lives of 12 million Canadians every day. We carry more than 35,000 products in 17 distribution centers and ultimately provide distribution to 6,300 retail pharmacies, 1,350 hospitals, long-term care centers, clinics and institutions all over Canada. But we're so much more than a distribution company. We've automated 2,500 retail pharmacies and dispense over 100 million doses a year through our automation solutions. Manufacturers, healthcare providers and patients count on us for a full range of services that contribute to the quality and safety of care for us all.
At McKesson Canada, you’ll help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
The Health Services Case Manager is an integral part of the Patient Services team, responsible for the coordination and delivery of services related to the patient support programs offered by McKesson Specialty. The role involves interactions with patients, insurance companies, pharmacies, physicians and other health care professionals (HCPs) to explore and obtain coverage for the prescribed medication as well as management of the patient cases.
- The Health Services Case Manager will be responsible for the timely enrollment of the patient into the Patient Support Program
- Liaise with the patient, insurer and physician regarding the documentation required for maximum reimbursement coverage, including the exploration of all public and private insurers and providing employer escalations as required
- Conduct information and conduct patient financial assessment eligibility based on program guidelines
- Provide responses to general inquiry calls based on information provided as part of the program materials
- Coordination with Specialty and Retail pharmacies to ensure that the patient has access to the required treatment
- Proactively monitor the patient’s file to ensure that reimbursement and financial assistance renewals are done in a timely manner
- Process documents supporting the patient’s care, including infusion reports, lab results, copays
- Receive, record and report Adverse Events as per the Pharmaceutical Manufacturer requirements
- Participate and assist in departmental continuous improvement activities related to process, quality, training, etc
- Maintain service levels in case management, including telephone answer rates, time to initial contact with the patient, Adverse Events reported within twenty-four hours of receipt and any other Key Performance Indicators established as the Program level
- Perform data-entry, answer inbound calls, make outbound calls, manage e-mail and fax software, general administrative functions including faxing, filing,
- Experience in the healthcare, pharmaceutical or insurance industry would be an asset
- Strong customer service, communication, problem solving skills required
- Comfortable working in a contact centre environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word/Excel)
- Team Player
- Post-secondary education or equivalent
- Organized with a high attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written skills on English (and French if a Bilingual role)
- Flexibility in working rotational or variety of different hours (hours of operation are 8 am to 8 pm Monday to Friday)
- NOTE: role can be work from home after six months
Benefits & Company Statement
McKesson believes superior performance – individual and team – that helps us drive innovations and solutions to promote better health should be recognized and rewarded. We provide a competitive compensation program to attract, retain and motivate a high-performance workforce, and it’s flexible enough to meet the different needs of our diverse employee population.
We are in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. We partner with payers, hospitals, physician offices, pharmacies, pharmaceutical companies and others across the spectrum of care to build healthier organizations that deliver better care to patients in every setting.
But we can’t do it without you. Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—whatever your title, whatever your role, you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. Talented, compassionate people are the future of our company—and of healthcare. At McKesson, you’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.
No agencies please.
The material contained herein is provided for informational purpose only. All open jobs offered by McKesson Canada on this recruitment system are subject to specific job skill requirements. The job skill requirements, qualifications, and preferred experience are determined by a subsidiary, office or department within the company which is offering the position, and all positions are subject to local prevailing employment laws and restrictions. This would include immigration laws pertaining to work authorization requirements and any other applicable government permissions or compliance.
The materials on this site are provided without warranties of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to warranties regarding the completeness of information contained on this site or in any referenced links. While McKesson Canada attempts to update this site on a timely basis, the information is effective only as of the time and date of posting.
By providing your application to McKesson Canada you hereby consent to McKesson Canada obtaining personal information regarding you that is related to the position applied for. You also consent to McKesson Canada transferring your application details to our recruitment partners for their review and assistance. You also consent to McKesson Canada keeping your application on file.
McKesson Canada is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals and will accommodate applicants' needs, up to the point of undue hardship, throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process.
The information on this site is for information purpose only and is not intended to be relied upon with legal consequence.
: McKesson Canada
: Aug 15, 2018
About Centric Health Group of Companies At Centric Health our passion is people and the centre of everything we do. Centric Health provides a wide range of care programs and services, specializing...
Position Summary The candidate must be a highly self-motivated individual with a proven track record in sales of biotechnology or pharmaceutical products. The candidate will: Be responsible for...
Join our team of pharmacy experts and provide safe and effective medication preparation and distribution to all clinical units and outpatient areas here at Humber River Hospital. At Humber River...
Lead Patient and Provider Services Immunology Reference: R2488140 Department: Sanofi Genzyme Location: Mississauga, Ontario About Genzyme, a Sanofi Company Sanofi Genzyme has pioneered the...
About Don Mills Surgical Unit Centric Health Surgical Centre Toronto/DMSU was founded in 1960 as Don Mills Surgical Unit, and is a fully accredited facility by Canadian Association of...
JOB POSTING #835811 POSITION: STAFF PHARMACIST – MSNICU SITE: TORONTO WESTERN HOSPITAL DEPARTMENT: PHARMACY REPORTS TO: PHARMACY CLINICAL SITE LEADER HOURS: ...
About Centric Health Group of Companies At Centric Health our passion is people and the centre...
Position Summary The candidate must be a highly self-motivated individual with a proven track...
Join our team of pharmacy experts and provide safe and effective medication preparation and...
Lead Patient and Provider Services Immunology Reference: R2488140 Department: Sanofi...
About Don Mills Surgical Unit Centric Health Surgical Centre Toronto/DMSU was founded in 1960...
JOB POSTING #835811 POSITION: STAFF PHARMACIST – MSNICU SITE: TORONTO...