HSCM - (18006823)
McKesson is in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. At McKesson Canada, we touch the lives of 12 million Canadians every day. We carry more than 35,000 products in 17 distribution centers and ultimately provide distribution to 6,300 retail pharmacies, 1,350 hospitals, long-term care centers, clinics and institutions all over Canada. But we're so much more than a distribution company. We've automated 2,500 retail pharmacies and dispense over 100 million doses a year through our automation solutions. Manufacturers, healthcare providers and patients count on us for a full range of services that contribute to the quality and safety of care for us all.
At McKesson Canada, you’ll help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
The Health Services Case Manager is an integral part of the Patient Services team, responsible for the coordination and delivery of services related to the patient support programs offered by McKesson Specialty. The role involves interactions with patients, insurance companies, pharmacies, physicians and other health care professionals (HCPs) to explore and obtain coverage for the prescribed medication as well as management of the patient cases.
- The Health Services Case Manager will be responsible for the timely enrollment of the patient into the Patient Support Program
- Liaise with the patient, insurer and physician regarding the documentation required for maximum reimbursement coverage, including the exploration of all public and private insurers and providing employer escalations as required
- Conduct information and conduct patient financial assessment eligibility based on program guidelines
- Provide responses to general inquiry calls based on information provided as part of the program materials
- Coordination with Specialty and Retail pharmacies to ensure that the patient has access to the required treatment
- Proactively monitor the patient’s file to ensure that reimbursement and financial assistance renewals are done in a timely manner
- Process documents supporting the patient’s care, including infusion reports, lab results, copays
- Receive, record and report Adverse Events as per the Pharmaceutical Manufacturer requirements
- Participate and assist in departmental continuous improvement activities related to process, quality, training, etc
- Maintain service levels in case management, including telephone answer rates, time to initial contact with the patient, Adverse Events reported within twenty-four hours of receipt and any other Key Performance Indicators established as the Program level
- Perform data-entry, answer inbound calls, make outbound calls, manage e-mail and fax software, general administrative functions including faxing, filing,
- Experience in the healthcare, pharmaceutical or insurance industry would be an asset
- Strong customer service, communication, problem solving skills required
- Comfortable working in a contact centre environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word/Excel)
- Team Player
- Post-secondary education or equivalent
- Organized with a high attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written skills on English (and French if a Bilingual role)
- Flexibility in working rotational or variety of different hours (hours of operation are 8 am to 8 pm Monday to Friday)
- NOTE: role can be work from home after six months
Benefits & Company Statement
McKesson believes superior performance – individual and team – that helps us drive innovations and solutions to promote better health should be recognized and rewarded. We provide a competitive compensation program to attract, retain and motivate a high-performance workforce, and it’s flexible enough to meet the different needs of our diverse employee population.
We are in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. We partner with payers, hospitals, physician offices, pharmacies, pharmaceutical companies and others across the spectrum of care to build healthier organizations that deliver better care to patients in every setting.
But we can’t do it without you. Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—whatever your title, whatever your role, you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. Talented, compassionate people are the future of our company—and of healthcare. At McKesson, you’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.
No agencies please.
The material contained herein is provided for informational purpose only. All open jobs offered by McKesson Canada on this recruitment system are subject to specific job skill requirements. The job skill requirements, qualifications, and preferred experience are determined by a subsidiary, office or department within the company which is offering the position, and all positions are subject to local prevailing employment laws and restrictions. This would include immigration laws pertaining to work authorization requirements and any other applicable government permissions or compliance.
The materials on this site are provided without warranties of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to warranties regarding the completeness of information contained on this site or in any referenced links. While McKesson Canada attempts to update this site on a timely basis, the information is effective only as of the time and date of posting.
By providing your application to McKesson Canada you hereby consent to McKesson Canada obtaining personal information regarding you that is related to the position applied for. You also consent to McKesson Canada transferring your application details to our recruitment partners for their review and assistance. You also consent to McKesson Canada keeping your application on file.
McKesson Canada is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals and will accommodate applicants' needs, up to the point of undue hardship, throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process.
The information on this site is for information purpose only and is not intended to be relied upon with legal consequence.
: McKesson Canada
: Aug 15, 2018
Posted: 09/14/2018 12:41:27 PM We currently have a temporary full time (until approx. Jan 2020) for a Pharmacist in our Acute Care Pharmacy at our Bayview campus. We currently have a temporary...
POSITION SUMMARY The primary role is to define and implement the integrated payer strategy (evaluate payer mix) to reach optimal funding and maximize access and reimbursement and product value for...
JOB POSTING # 829963 Position: Pharmacist Site: Princess Margaret Cancer Centre with possibility of cross coverage at Toronto General Hospital Outpatient Pharmacy and Toronto Western Hospital...
Career Category Medical Affairs Job Description Position Accountability : To represent the Archetype country (Canada) at the Global Product Team(s) (PT) by providing input and insights into the...
CUPE Job Posting #829572 Position: Registered Practical Nurse Site: University Centre, Toronto Rehab Department: Acquired Brain Injury (ABI) Service - NC 10 South, Brain & Spinal Cord...
JOB POSTING: #829909 Position: 4 or 8 Month Co-op Job Opportunity Please be aware that in addition to your application through the UHN Careers Site, you are required to follow your School's...
Posted: 09/14/2018 12:41:27 PM We currently have a temporary full time (until approx. Jan 2020)...
POSITION SUMMARY The primary role is to define and implement the integrated payer strategy...
JOB POSTING # 829963 Position: Pharmacist Site: Princess Margaret Cancer Centre with possibility...
Career Category Medical Affairs Job Description Position Accountability : To represent the...
CUPE Job Posting #829572 Position: Registered Practical Nurse Site: University Centre, Toronto...
JOB POSTING: #829909 Position: 4 or 8 Month Co-op Job Opportunity Please be aware that in...