Full Time | Vancouver Waterfront Coal Harbour Canada Place, BRITISH COLUMBIA | 7 months | Deadline: 28 Aug 2018
This position has expired. Do not apply!
: Canada-Vancouver-The Fairmont Vancouver Airport
Housekeeping ManagerCreating an engaging work environment for Colleagues of Fairmont Vancouver Airport is as important as turning moments into memories for our guests. Your leadership skills and the values you model as Housekeeping Manager will inspire your team – not only to ensure an exceptional in-room guest experience, but also to grow their careers with Fairmont.
Hotel Overview: A sophisticated gateway to one of the world's most vibrant cities, The Fairmont Vancouver Airport is conveniently located above the USA Departures Level in the Vancouver International Airport. Voted #1 Airport Hotel in North America and 5th in World at the Skytrax World Airport Awards. Luxury. Convenience. The best part of your journey.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Executive Housekeeper , responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Overseeing the operational aspect of ensuring the overall cleanliness and maintenance of all guest rooms and public areas within the hotel, consistently adhering to corporate and property policies and standards
- Assist in handling guest feedback and follow through on action taken
Liaise with Front Office, Engineering and other related departments to coordinate guest service and resolve emerging issues promptly
- Ensure high morale and productivity levels through staff planning, recruitment, training and development and on-going communication including performance reviews and career development discussions
- Oversee general office administration including payroll, scheduling, lost and found, ordering supplies and inventory control, including uniforms
- Daily monitoring of labour, expenses, and preparation of monthly reports
- Ensure a safe work environment is maintained at all times and that all employees are committed to working safely
- Ensure that all WCB Claims are handled promptly and effectively and manage the Gradual Return to Work program
- Fostering an environment of open communication and creative problem solving
- Ensure consistently high productivity levels - innovation and creativity is key
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of 2-3 years experience in Rooms Division leadership position with proven training and team building skills – Housekeeping supervisory experience a definite asset
- Flexible with a proven ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines and work well under pressure
- Highly organized, results-oriented, able to make decisions and empower employees to ensure that they exceed guest expectations
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and communication skills - sets the example for "team"
- Proactive with a meticulous eye for detail - standards oriented
- Must be highly health and safety conscious and actively involved in enhancing workplace wellness
- Knowledge of Property Manager, Royal Service Manager, Word and Excel
Visa Requirements: Must be legally eligible to work in Canada with a current work visa or permit. The hotel is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
t Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. Our Sustainability Partnership program represents our ever-expanding commitment to being a responsible business and to following the principles of sustainability across our operations, the world over. An exciting future awaits!
: Management / Supervisory
: Rotating / Shift Work
: 28.Aug.2018, 11:59:00 PM
Reporting to the Service Delivery Manager, the Screening Officer is responsible for ensuring that the traveling public, their personal belongings, and the carry-on baggage and items they have with...
Well known for our solid worldwide reputation, Hertz is proud to be the largest car rental company. At Hertz, we know service excellence is built on our employees. We recognize that you are a...
“A Call to Be The Best." Pinnacle Hotel Harbourfront has been a fixture of Vancouver’s Coal Harbour neighbourhood for several decades; however, 2015 marked a new chapter for the hotel, becoming...
Catering Sales Executive (1 Year Contract) - JW Marriott Parq Vancouver (1800318O), JW Marriott Parq Vancouver, 11 daysMarriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels. Marriott Hotels, Marriott International’s flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing...
Careers and Job Opportunities for The Sutton Place Hotel Company The Sutton Place Hotel Company has a reputation for outstanding service and amenities. Our commitment is to provide guests...
Security jobs, management, entry level and more with G4S Select a G4S Careers Site Close Global Careers UK Jobs Security Jobs for UK Events Security Jobs in the USA Security Jobs in...
Reporting to the Service Delivery Manager, the Screening Officer is responsible for ensuring...
Well known for our solid worldwide reputation, Hertz is proud to be the largest car rental...
“A Call to Be The Best." Pinnacle Hotel Harbourfront has been a fixture of Vancouver’s Coal...
Catering Sales Executive (1 Year Contract) - JW Marriott Parq Vancouver (1800318O), JW Marriott Parq Vancouver, 11 daysMarriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott...
Careers and Job Opportunities for The Sutton Place Hotel Company The Sutton Place Hotel Company...
Security jobs, management, entry level and more with G4S Select a G4S Careers Site Close Global...