Position Title: Housekeeping
Status: Part time
Placement Date: Immediately
Salary Range: $12.75 - $16.00 Hourly
Reports To: Housekeeping Supervisor
Hours of Work: Daytime, Evening, and Weekend shifts
Purpose and Objective
Reporting to the Housekeeping Supervisor, the successful candidate will be responsible for general cleaning of the YMCA Membership Centre in Prince George. In this role, you will work with staff and volunteers ensuring facility standards of cleanliness are met. This position requires a strong understanding of cleaning practices and standards and ability to complete light general maintenance duties including the repair and maintenance of fitness equipment. An efficient, highly organized, attention to detail, goal orientated candidate is required. This position also has the potential for career path development and advancement within the Housekeeping department.
Supports and implements daily, weekly, monthly, and annual maintenance cleaning plans to meet facility standards
- Report on daily, weekly, and monthly activities as required or requested.
- Supports overall operations of a YMCA Membership Centre
- Maintains a strong understanding of the facility operations including peak times, program schedules, events and plans for cleaning and maintenance activities appropriately.
- Is responsible for the safety and security of members/participants.
- Maintain current qualifications as required by this position and follow the YMCA policies and practices.
- Be able to support the maintenance department, as scheduled, with weekends and evenings and emergency maintenance requests
- Attends staff meetings, planning sessions and training events as required
- A combination of experience and training related to building maintenance and cleaning; including, formal training or significant relevant experience.
- Clear Criminal Record Check and Vulnerable Sector Search
- Current first aid and CPR certification
- Experience working in a recreation or health services related facility or similar public venue will be considered an asset.
Leadership/Coaching: Ability to direct and develop performance of self and others to achieve desired results.
Service Strategy: Ability to identify the needs and wants of members/participants as a priority and respond in an effective and timely manner to enhance every person’s YMCA Experience.
Initiative/Enthusiasm/Innovation: Ability to manage and lead to achieve and exceed identified goals.
Project Resource Management: Ability to manage a project from initial planning to completion.
Planning & Organizing: Ability to establish a clearly defined and effective course of action for self and others to accomplish short and long term goals.
Problem Solving: Ability to identify an issue, gathers and processes relevant information, determines possible solutions, selects appropriate responses and implements and evaluates them.
Negotiation/Communication/Interpersonal Skills: Ability to speak, write, listen and secure information in a variety of settings. Ability to cooperate with others to achieve results, create and build relationships inside and outside the organization.
HOW TO APPLY: This posting will close when filled
All of the following documents must be submitted for the application to be considered complete:
Applications will be accepted via mail, fax, or email to the attention of:
Shannon Johnson – Center Manager
2020 Massey Drive
Prince George, BC
fax: (250) 564-2474
The YMCA of Northern BC thanks everyone for their interest in this opportunity. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Registration with BC College of Nursing Professionals as a practicing LPN registrant. SKILLS AND ABILITIES: - Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with residents,...
Id : 64445 Category : Operations Management Location/City : BC – Prince George Region : Prince George Job Type : Permanent Recruiter Name : Kevin Pedersen Please submit your resume directly to...
(Permanent, Full-Time) The Regional District of Fraser-Fort George is inviting applications for a permanent, full-time position of Bylaw Enforcement Officer to join our outstanding team in...
Registration with BC College of Nursing Professionals as a practicing RN registrant. SKILLS AND ABILITIES: - Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing. - Ability to promote safe,...
About SD57: Located in BC’s interior region, SD57 includes the city of Prince George and extends north to Mackenzie, south to Hixon, and east to McBride and Valemount. The region enjoys stunning...
Welcome to School District 57 Prince George! We will be attending the Ed Talent Job Fair in Toronto on October 26, 2018. We have a variety of positions available on the Make a Future website,...
- Registration with BC College of Nursing Professionals as a practicing LPN registrant. SKILLS...
Id : 64445 Category : Operations Management Location/City : BC – Prince George Region : Prince...
(Permanent, Full-Time) The Regional District of Fraser-Fort George is inviting applications for...
Registration with BC College of Nursing Professionals as a practicing RN registrant. SKILLS AND...
About SD57: Located in BC’s interior region, SD57 includes the city of Prince George and extends...
Welcome to School District 57 Prince George! We will be attending the Ed Talent Job Fair in...