Homewood Health™ is Canada’s leader in mental health and addiction services and we offer the most comprehensive and integrated continuum of services available in Canada. We are redefining mental health and addiction services to help Canadians live healthier, more productive and more fulfilling lives.
With over 130 years of experience, Homewood Health Centre is one of Canada's largest and leading facilities for medically focused, physician-led treatment of mental health and addiction disorders.
We are hiring a part-time Housekeeper for the Homewood Health Centre in Guelph and are looking for you. You’re a great fit, if you thrive in a fast-paced environment, are passionate about innovation, foster collaboration, and are committed to service excellence.
Hours of work: 37.5 hours bi-weekly.
Please Note: Internal applications for positions within a bargaining unit must be received within 7 days of this position being posted to have seniority considered as a factor in selection.
What the job entails:
- Cleans, mops, scrubs or sweeps floors, stairways and hallways; waxes and buffs floors; removes old finish from floors and refinishes same as scheduled.
- Washes walls, ceilings, doors and trim by hand or with washing equipment.
- Cleans, washes, dusts or polishes hardware, brass, furniture, mirrors, lighting fixtures, windows, window sills, screens, vents, radiators and exteriors of cabinets and equipment.
- Cleans and maintains locker rooms, shower, toilet and washrooms in a clean and orderly condition; replenishes soap, towels and tissue into containers.
- Empties waste paper baskets and trash containers; replace liners; checks and re-empties waste baskets periodically.
- Cleans patient’s rooms thoroughly; performs duties such as mopping floors, washing furniture, scrubbing plastic cushions and bed frames, cleaning and washing bathroom fixtures, dusting overhead and bed lamps, stripping and remaking beds, turning mattresses and performing other general cleaning work.
- If assigned to The Residence, will clean-up and wash the pots, pans, dishes and will do general clean-up of the kitchen after the meals.
- Cleans drinking fountains; spot cleans doors and walls.
- Cleans venetian blinds.
- Changes cubicle curtains when soiled.
- Operates vacuum suction machines to clean flooded floor areas.
- Cleans up and stores supplies and equipment in designated area after completion of the work.
- Picks up bottles, papers and magazines to keep area in neat, orderly, and safe condition.
- Other duties as assigned.
POSITION SUMMARY As a member of the health care team, this position supports patient care through the maintenance of a clean, safe and well organized unit, and the use of equipment and products in...
POSITION SUMMARY: The Porter is responsible for transporting patients, equipment, clean and soiled linen, specimens throughout the hospital. Assists clinical staff when required. Duties are...
Posting #: 2018-826118 CUPE 815 Position: Helper 1 Department: Environmental Services - Housekeeping Status: Part-time Hours: Monday to Sunday - various rotating shifts (Hours are subject to...
Posting #: 2018-826121 CUPE 815 Position: Helper 1 Department: Environmental Services - Housekeeping Status: Temporary Part-time for approx. six months Hours: Monday to Sunday - various rotating...
Facility Maintenance Person -Plumbing experience preferred - WD30050016194 What you will do: JOB SUMMARY Performs general preventive maintenance and corrective repair of buildings, building...
Temporary Assignment - approximately 52 weeks UNIT PROFILE: The Psychiatric Emergency Service (PES) is part of the general Emergency department at the Charlton Campus and provides exemplary...
POSITION SUMMARY As a member of the health care team, this position supports patient care...
POSITION SUMMARY: The Porter is responsible for transporting patients, equipment, clean and...
Posting #: 2018-826118 CUPE 815 Position: Helper 1 Department: Environmental Services -...
Posting #: 2018-826121 CUPE 815 Position: Helper 1 Department: Environmental Services -...
Facility Maintenance Person -Plumbing experience preferred - WD30050016194 What you will do: JOB...
Temporary Assignment - approximately 52 weeks UNIT PROFILE: The Psychiatric Emergency Service...