Health Services Case Manager - (18000133)
McKesson is in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. At McKesson Canada, we touch the lives of 12 million Canadians every day. We carry more than 35,000 products in 17 distribution centers and ultimately provide distribution to 6,300 retail pharmacies, 1,350 hospitals, long-term care centers, clinics and institutions all over Canada. But we're so much more than a distribution company. We've automated 2,500 retail pharmacies and dispense over 100 million doses a year through our automation solutions. Manufacturers, healthcare providers and patients count on us for a full range of services that contribute to the quality and safety of care for us all.
At McKesson Canada, you’ll help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
The Health Services Case Manager is an integral part of the Patient Services team, responsible for the coordination and delivery of services related to the patient support programs offered by McKesson Specialty. The role involves interactions with patients, physicians and other health care professionals (HCPs) and members of McKesson’s multidisciplinary team using web based, telephony and face to face means of communication. The role involves understanding and adherence to corporate, divisional, departmental and program specific standard operating procedures
Perform HCP and patient registration activities, according to program protocols and applicable departmental procedures
Review, analyze and validate information provided by patients and HCPs for accuracy and completeness to ensure initiation of services
Follow the program protocols to ensure that the most appropriate next step is scheduled to ensure continuity of service delivery to HCPs and patients
Process data entry activities of pertinent information received at different points of contact during the delivery of program services
Provide answers to general inquiry calls submitted via telephone or web based platforms on program services, disease state or product related questions, based on information provided as part of the program materials
Perform surveys on patients and other program users, based on documentation provided and perform data entry activities on information received
Conduct reimbursement investigations with private and public reimbursement providers
Participate in reimbursement or other program related research activities, as assigned by the Program Manager and/or Departmental Manager
Coordinate/facilitate submission of Special Authorization letters to public and private payers
Conduct reimbursement denial escalations through employers/payers
Gather information and conduct patient financial assessment eligibility based on program guidelines
Request financial transactions to be processed based on communicated program guidelines
Gather pertinent information and coordinate patient’s access to infusion services, as well as conduct follow up activities related to infusion services
Liaise with physicians’ offices, infusion services providers and other parties to provide comprehensive and coordinated service to patients and physicians
Receive, record and report Adverse Events, as per program working instructions
- Participate and assist in departmental continuous improvement activities related to process, quality, training, etc
- Participate in execution and documentation of test plans
- Participate in the development of reports and tools for identifying signals that will flag misunderstanding, misconduct, fraud or other out of protocol program participant related incidents
- Assist with reviews of aggregate data to identify program trends and communicates to Program Manager
- Maintain program data accuracy through review of program documentation for completeness and consistency
• Knowledge of medical terminology, health care environment, reimbursement landscape, therapeutic and product related knowledge
• Understanding and compliance with corporate, divisional, departmental and program specific standard operating procedures
• Community College/CEGEP education OR a recognized trade/technical certification
• More than six months and up to one year in a previous job or jobs
• Required to use menu-driven retrieval and search functions on Windows based applications, web-based applications and proprietary information technology systems; ability to use a switch-based telephony software, etc.
• Use Photocopy, fax machines, printers
• Telephone equipment
• Required to apply standard Company practices. Occasionally some interpretation may be required in selecting the correct approach. Most problems are referred to my supervisor or work team.
Impact of Decisions
• Moderate delays, service inefficiencies or expenses would result from a poor decision; moderate service inefficiencies, cost-savings or new revenue would be generated as a result of a decision that turns out well.
External Customer Service
• Resolve customer complaints
• Solicit business and recommend service options to retail pharmacies, clinics and institutions
• Required to exchange basic information and/or to provide referrals to clients in the case of problems
Other Contacts (Insurance/Public/Private):
• Required to exchange basic information and to resolve problems with external contacts
• Carries out similar tasks or activities within the work group with no management/supervisory responsibilities.
• Manage own time to handle deadlines, peak periods and unexpected situations. Coordination is done with the Team Lead/supervisor and basic information is exchanged with co-workers.
• Expected to suggest innovations to the supervisor which affect the job or its work flow
• Problems and situations to be solved are clearly defined and do not require much interpretation, identified problems are solved by following established procedures, instructions, guidelines or manuals or escalating the problem to Team Leader/supervisor if a solution has not been identified.
Types of Communication:
• Will involve: verbal communication in person or by telephone, bilingualism (were applicable), proofreading documents for errors, completing standard forms, reports, editing or rewriting text.
Benefits & Company Statement
McKesson believes superior performance – individual and team – that helps us drive innovations and solutions to promote better health should be recognized and rewarded. We provide a competitive compensation program to attract, retain and motivate a high-performance workforce, and it’s flexible enough to meet the different needs of our diverse employee population.
We are in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. We partner with payers, hospitals, physician offices, pharmacies, pharmaceutical companies and others across the spectrum of care to build healthier organizations that deliver better care to patients in every setting.
But we can’t do it without you. Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—whatever your title, whatever your role, you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. Talented, compassionate people are the future of our company—and of healthcare. At McKesson, you’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
No agencies please.
The material contained herein is provided for informational purpose only. All open jobs offered by McKesson Canada on this recruitment system are subject to specific job skill requirements. The job skill requirements, qualifications, and preferred experience are determined by a subsidiary, office or department within the company which is offering the position, and all positions are subject to local prevailing employment laws and restrictions. This would include immigration laws pertaining to work authorization requirements and any other applicable government permissions or compliance.
The materials on this site are provided without warranties of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to warranties regarding the completeness of information contained on this site or in any referenced links. While McKesson Canada attempts to update this site on a timely basis, the information is effective only as of the time and date of posting.
By providing your application to McKesson Canada you hereby consent to McKesson Canada obtaining personal information regarding you that is related to the position applied for. You also consent to McKesson Canada transferring your application details to our recruitment partners for their review and assistance. You also consent to McKesson Canada keeping your application on file.
McKesson Canada is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals and will accommodate applicants' needs, up to the point of undue hardship, throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process.
The information on this site is for information purpose only and is not intended to be relied upon with legal consequence.
: McKesson Canada
: Jan 12, 2018
Quality Specialist - Supplier Quality and Internal Audit - 18000DYY Description About Baxter Every day, Baxter touches the lives of millions of patients and providers worldwide who rely on our...
JOB DESCRIPTION: At Abbott, we're committed to helping you live your best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the...
Clinical Research Associate Job Number: 71881 Job : Administrative/Service Primary Location : Ontario-Hamilton This position will be located at: Juravinski Cancer...
Assistant Plant Controller - International Assignment, VIE-FIN15716 Description Faurecia is an Equal Opportunity Employer "New trends and expectations are reshaping the automotive industry....
The Region of Peel serves a vibrant and culturally diverse community of more than 1.4 million residents and 88,000 businesses in Brampton, Caledon and Mississauga. Committed to service...
Physiotherapist Job Number: 71875 Job : Health Professional/Assistant Primary Location : Ontario-Hamilton This position will be located at: McMaster University Medical...
Quality Specialist - Supplier Quality and Internal Audit - 18000DYY Description About...
JOB DESCRIPTION: At Abbott, we're committed to helping you live your best possible life through...
Clinical Research Associate Job Number: 71881 Job : Administrative/Service Primary...
Assistant Plant Controller - International Assignment, VIE-FIN15716 Description Faurecia is an...
The Region of Peel serves a vibrant and culturally diverse community of more than 1.4 million...
Physiotherapist Job Number: 71875 Job : Health Professional/Assistant Primary...