We are looking for a dynamic professional to be part of our Advisory practice to assist the GTA Advisory Geographic Leader (AGL) and other senior Advisory leadership with a diverse set of matters related to management and deployment of strategic and operational initiatives in GTA’s Advisory business units.
The GTA Advisory Operations Manager / Senior Manager will be accountable for assisting the GTA AGL with the coordination and management of the GTA Advisory operations, including implementation of geographic initiatives in the GTA, as well as providing financial metrics, KPIs, forward looking trends and indicators to provide the AGL with the information and insights they need to maximize the profitability of the Advisory business in the GTA. The Operations Manager / Senior Manager will identify issues and escalate to the GTA AGL, and will attend all leadership meetings. They will also work with the Operations Managers in the Risk Consulting and the Deal Advisory practices to ensure consistency across the geography. In addition to supporting the GTA AGL, this role will spend time supporting the Advisory Centre team when and as time permits. This team is responsible for the strategy and operations of the national Advisory Services practice.
What you will do
Strategy & Operational Management:
- Conduct analysis and support the AGL in preparing recommendations for input into business planning
- Support the deployment of initiatives in the geography as determined at the GTA Geographic Leadership Team or as required
- Support the deployment of initiatives as determined by the Advisory Centre
- Attend key strategy meetings and drive completion of actions and provide ad hoc support where needed
- Assist the GTA AGL and the Advisory Centre with on-going annual firm processes such as partner model development, succession planning, input to budgeting
- Where required, assist in preparing business cases for direct admit partners for Deal Advisory and Risk Consulting in the GTA
- Ensure contractors are only being utilized when a skill is not readily available or found within existing resources or if a client specifically requests the use of a contractor
- Review historical and go forward utilization information to identify individual, geographic, service line, and skillset issues
- Monitor compliance with entering time in the GTA; observe which employees consistently miss inputting their time worked and the related impact on KPIs
- Ensure appropriate mark-up on billing of contractor time to clients
- Organize leadership meetings including agenda management and ensuring actions are followed up and to drive them to completion
- Project manage ad hoc initiatives that support the strategic agenda of Deal Advisory and Risk Consulting in the GTA
- Support the GTA AGL and the Advisory Centre team with preparation of materials for key events and meetings
- Support the implementation of tools that address efficiency
- Where required, assist with special projects for the Advisory Centre
- Support the Senior Operations Manager with quarterly reporting and forecasting
- Work with Resource Managers to understand utilization across the various Advisory teams in the GTA
- Work with the Risk Consulting and Deal Advisory operations managers to understand profitability
- Understand how the Risk Consulting and Deal Advisory teams in the GTA are trending in terms of active, pipelined and future work
- Understand engagement ERPs and different engagement structures involving leverage, cross functional activities, contractors, rate adjustments, etc.
- Partner with Finance to:
- Track the revenue for a month and rolling quarter vs plan
- Understand aging/ Accounts receivables over 90 days
- Understand billings and collections
What you bring to the role
- 3+ years of professional work experience; experience working in professional services is considered an asset.
- Excellent academic credentials, superior interpersonal skills, and strong analytical and communication skills
- Ability to clearly articulate and present ideas at a senior level
- Ability to identify critical drivers for operational delivery
- Demonstrate ability to interact effectively with a diverse group of individuals
- Expertise leading strategic analysis work as it relates to Metrics, KPIs and Resources
- Ability to quickly identify key business risks across Advisory
- Ability to build a vision for the firm's long term success and inspiring others towards this vision
Why Choose KPMG? Making the right career choice is important, finding the right company is essential. Watch this video to see the type of people that thrive at KPMG.
Our Values, The KPMG Way
We lead by example | We work together | We respect the individual
We seek the facts and provide insight | We are open and honest in our communication
We are committed to our communities | Above all, we act with integrity
KPMG is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce. KPMG encourages applications from all qualified individuals and will accommodate applicants’ disability-related needs, up to the point of undue hardship, throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Any assessment and selection materials or processes used during the recruitment process will be available in an accessible format to applicants with disabilities, upon request. If you require a disability-related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact the HR Shared Service Centre by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778 (Option 1). KPMG will consult with all applicants with disabilities who request accommodation during the recruitment process to ensure that the accommodation provided takes into account the applicant’s individual accessibility needs.
Branch Advisor Trainee Western GTA Primary Location : ON-Western GTA Employee Status : Regular Schedule : Full-time Number of hours (if position is part-time indicate the number of...
About BDO BDO. Because relationships matter. There are many world-class accounting firms. Far fewer that offer a culture so rich in professional opportunity, personal fulfillment, and long-term...
Posted: 11/27/2018 1:30:38 PM We currently have a temporary full time (until approx. April 2019) opportunity for a Business Analyst in our PMO - Connecting Ontario program at our Bayview...
Sales & Editorial Representative GTA East - (1815639) Description Sales and Editorial Representative based in GTA East At Pearson, we’re committed to a world that’s always learning and to...
Financial Planner Brampton Primary Location : ON-Western GTA-Brampton Employee Status : Regular Schedule : Full-time Description • Are you knowledgeable in the seven areas of financial planning? •...
Associate, Financial Institutions Group, Investment Banking Primary Location : ON-Central GTA-Toronto Employee Status : Regular Schedule : Full-time Description National Bank Financial Inc....
Branch Advisor Trainee Western GTA Primary Location : ON-Western GTA Employee...
About BDO BDO. Because relationships matter. There are many world-class accounting firms. Far...
Posted: 11/27/2018 1:30:38 PM We currently have a temporary full time (until approx. April 2019)...
Sales & Editorial Representative GTA East - (1815639) Description Sales and...
Financial Planner Brampton Primary Location : ON-Western GTA-Brampton Employee...
Associate, Financial Institutions Group, Investment Banking Primary Location : ON-Central...