Integrity. Accountability. Respect. Common sense. Caring.
CWB Financial Group (CWB) is not your typical bank – we take a deeply personalized approach to our business and in our core values. Taking the time to understand our clients’ goals and aspirations allows us to use a full-picture view in the type of support, guidance and service needed to help them cultivate a successful financial future.
Our employees are more than just numbers – we are proud of the welcoming and open culture that invests in our people. Our Corporate Communications team is a group of focused, practiced and passionate professionals who are looking for a like-minded Creative Services Advisor to jump aboard!
Do you have experience with Advertising and Marketing Communications design? This is an opportunity to create high-quality print and digital graphics to support our organization’s business, marketing and communications activities. This will mean utilizing your broad skill set in advertising design to align all collateral materials with CWB’s brand and messaging. You will follow creative work from concept to pre-press and post-production. Customer focus and relationship management are top asks as you support your assigned client portfolio.
If you’re a strong collaborator, communicator and relationship builder looking to gain strong experience in an exciting group of professionals, we want to hear from you! Though this opportunity is starting as a six month term, there is possibility of extension and/ or permanency in future.
Be what you want to be – with CWB Financial Group.
Here is a glimpse into what your career could look like with us!
Who we are:
CWB Financial Group is a diversified financial services organization providing specialized service in banking, trust and wealth management. Since 1984, we’ve grown from a single branch operating in Edmonton, Alberta, to a western-based, federally regulated financial institution with a national presence.
What we offer:
- The opportunity to make a difference - our culture thrives on idea-sharing, collaboration and the ability to create impact.
- Rewarding, enterprising and engaging atmosphere where you will be able to see your contributions at work.
- Understanding balance: We know our people have places to go, people to see and good times to have when they’re not at work and we support that.
- An award-winning benefits packages that includes 100% company-funded health coverage (dental, vision and prescriptions), health care spending account, a flexible wellness program and CWB Balance Day (extra day off with pay!).
- Our commitment to your success and development: On-going career conversations and personalized professional growth opportunities.
- Competitive salary.
- Continual learning opportunities and professional development training to grow your talent and realize your aspirations and potential.
Who you are:
- An under graduate degree or diploma holder preferably in graphic design, digital media, art and design or related discipline (or equivalent experience).
- A professional with a minimum of five years graphic design experience with a strong focus on marketing and advertising communications.
- Experienced in producing high quality visual communications on multiple platforms including print, digital, web and social media. Experience with the latest digital and social advertising formats, as well as other emerging technologies, is an asset.
- Passionate and able to extend marketing concepts into design solutions that translate successfully across print and digital applications.
- A champion of brand standards, always delivering consistent and accurate results.
- Knowledgeable of print production methods and pre-press requirements
- A practiced contributor who is able to approach complex business communication needs with creative visual communications solutions. You have very strong attention to detail and a highly developed ability to think strategically.
- A multitasker with strong organization and time-management skills who is able to manage multiple projects and priorities in a fast paced environment.
- A communicator, collaborator and creator; able to successfully build and maintain relationships across the organization.
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Animate, and Microsoft Office Suite. Knowledge of HTML and CSS an asset.
What you will do:
- Play an integral role in the Creative Services team, preparing and presenting creative design solutions in support of your key client, Sales & Marketing.
- Work closely with the Creative Services Manager and Sales and Marketing team to forecast and plan multiple campaign projects. Your responsibilities will include design and implementation of all deliverables for both print and digital advertising.
- Manage personal production schedule for visual communications design and delivery.
- Liaise with external print and media partners to ensure deliverables meet required specifications and to ensure accuracy, brand standards, and general quality assurance.
- Source and purchase photography for use, as required, and apply all digital post processing requirements/manipulations. Utilize corporate and stock photography according to visual identity standards.
- Manage and file all visual assets according to Creative Services file management procedures and file naming conventions.
- Work closely and collaboratively with the Creative Services team to review and assess collateral produced in-house and externally with the intent to inspire new ideas, exercise quality control as a team and ensure integrity of the CWB Financial Group brand.
- Play a key role on the Creative Services team to:
- Analyse and interpret client requirements for visual communications (design and production) needs.
- Ensure requests are complete with all necessary requirements and according to specified budget.
- For any mid-large impact request, work collaboratively with clients to capture project requirements and client expectations in a Creative Brief.
- Complete requests ensuring deadlines are met as per SLA.
- Seek support from other CS team members where capacity/timing limits their ability to deliver on client requests.
- Present clients with opportunities to make decisions on cost pain points, and offer viable alternate solutions.
- Applications must include portfolio samples (link or included in resume).
CWB Financial Group is an equal opportunity employer. We are motivated by the new perspectives diversity can bring to our workforce. Inclusion and advocacy for a diverse organization can bring excellence at all levels of our business. Regardless of race, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability or any other factors unrelated to job performance, we are looking for difference makers. We are committed to providing equitable treatment to all employees and job applicants.
Position Title Web Designer Closing Date 2/26/2019 Job Description If you've been looking to join a team that values your energy and talents, offers multiple career paths, and provides you with...
Public Information Technician - Edmonton Fire Rescue Services up to 24 months Job Number : 35045 Are you looking for an opportunity to develop your career? The City of Edmonton is seeking someone...
Junior Business Analyst Summer Student (Communications) 4 months Job Number : 35225 1 temporary full-time position for 4 months, commencing in May 2019, intended specifically for students...
Junior Business Analyst Summer Student (Communications) 4 months Job Number : 35200 1 temporary full-time position for 4 months, commencing in May 2019, intended specifically for students...
Web Design and Development Summer Student (Open City and Technology) 4 months Job Number : 35375 Listen to this brief interview with Cole, Swathi and Madeline, as they share their experiences as...
Interactive Media Developer – Digital Initiatives Job Number : 35278 Are you enthusiastic about interactive media technologies and library services? Do you have experience with 3D modelling,...
Position Title Web Designer Closing Date 2/26/2019 Job Description If you've been looking to...
Public Information Technician - Edmonton Fire Rescue Services up to 24 months Job...
Junior Business Analyst Summer Student (Communications) 4 months Job Number : 35225 1 temporary...
Junior Business Analyst Summer Student (Communications) 4 months Job Number : 35200 1 temporary...
Web Design and Development Summer Student (Open City and Technology) 4 months Job...
Interactive Media Developer – Digital Initiatives Job Number : 35278 Are you enthusiastic about...