At MNP we pride ourselves on being different – it’s our entrepreneurial drive that sets us apart. It’s the same drive that’s helped us become Canada’s fastest growing national firm. We foster collaboration, value your ideas, promote based on talent, live balanced lifestyles and make time for FUN. We are one firm, one team, collaborating to support you wherever you want to take your career.
Join the momentum. We are currently seeking a Generalist to join our growing Regional Human Capital team. MNP is a leading national accounting, tax and business consulting firm in Canada. Dedicated to cultivating our firm’s unique culture and values in the workplace, our Regional Human Capital team leads people initiatives throughout the firm. Committed to attracting, hiring, developing, retaining and rewarding talented team members, we ensure MNP stands out as an employer of choice. From professional development to total rewards, communications to employee relations, we advise, facilitate and support the business by providing exceptional service at every level, in every market, today and in the future.
- Organize logistics
- Ensure regional adherence to Firm best practices for campus and experienced hiring
- Conduct role evaluations, post job requisitions and confirm recruitment plan to attract top talent; escalate to Talent Advisors as required
- Pro-actively manage the candidate experience and prepare candidates for interviewing by acting as an ambassador for the organization, provide detailed information on career opportunities, Firm values, culture, business and total rewards (update Applicant Tracking System (ATS))
- Produce job offers and conduct reference checks as required
- Hold both exit and stay interviews to manage and identify areas for improvement
- Utilize acquisition and social media platforms to build a talent pool
- Network on behalf of MNP in support of our talent strategy
- Participate in administration for promotions, transfers, job classifications, compensation and annual performance evaluations, ensure consistency with Firm objectives
- Coordinate and deliver orientation and manage onboarding logistics
- Integrate new MNP offices and team members to the Firm’s standards and policies
- Provide hands on, day-to-day support to team members and Partners on a wide range of Human Capital (HC) issues ensuring alignment with Firm objectives
- Give appropriate recommendations on issues related to policies, compliance, employee relations, problem resolution, total rewards and performance management
- Accountable for connectivity with Firm HC and peers in other regions to drive a “One-Firm Approach”
- Prepare presentations as required for MNP internal business, facilitate workgroups, teams and meetings
- Independently manage complex Human Resources (HR) projects as assigned including: developing solutions, creating action plans and communications
- Assist in evaluation of reports, decisions and results of HC team in relation to established goals
- Compile ad hoc statistical reports and develop recommendations for improvement
- Make certain HC services are delivered within the framework of MNP’s culture and standards
- Demonstrate operational excellence, legislative compliance, HC service quality, delivery and efficiency
- Support the payroll teams to initiate payroll, identify and communicate changes and resolve system issues
- Organize activities with MNP Group Benefits
- Interpret policies and escalate as required
- Help with investigations of complex situations as they arise and provide guidance as needed
- Escalate legal matters and engage Firm HC as required
- Coordinate wellness and chair Health and Safety Committee as appropriate to keep abreast of matters and ensure a safe workplace
- Support workplace diversity initiatives
- Comply with systems including data integrity and accuracy of data
- Ensure the security of team member records and appropriate retention periods for documents
- Manage Firm terminations as appropriate, produce documentation and ensure proper HRIS updates
- Aid in the facilitation of Learning and Development (L&D) administration and programs
- Participate in Human Resources Associations as required to maintain professional standards
- Attend relevant workshops, seminars and conferences and apply learning to workplace
- Completion of post-secondary education and accreditation with HR specialty or related academics
- Completion of or working towards Certified Human Resources Professional (CHRP) designation
- Minimum three (3) years of demonstrated HR experience
- Experience working in a Professional Services environment considered an asset
- Strong computer literacy including effective working skills of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Some travel may be required
- Bilingualism in English and French would be considered an asset
Core Competencies and Personal Characteristics
- Integrity – professional whose honesty, integrity, confidentiality and high ethical standards contributes to effective leadership and optimal business relationships
- Energy – displays enthusiasm, optimism, drive and passion while maintaining a high level of productivity and a balanced lifestyle
- Diversity – understands the importance of different backgrounds, perspectives and experiences and is respectful of individual differences
- Communication – effectively expresses ideas and conveys information in business writing, conversations and interactions with others
- Client Service Excellence – understands the importance of quality client service by being courteous, responding to client requests in a timely manner and monitoring satisfaction
- Teamwork & Relationship Development – works collaboratively with team members in order to achieve a common goal and develops, maintains and strengthens relationships with others, both inside and outside the Firm
- Accountability – takes responsibility for one’s own performance by setting clear goals and tracking progress against those goals; is highly organized and uses personal judgement and decision making
- Flexibility – effectively manages multiple assignments, adapts to changing priorities and is able to work independently or as part of a team
MNP encourages a balanced lifestyle and offers benefits that suit the way our team members work and play! In addition to a competitive salary, our MyRewards@MNP package includes paid personal days, wellness program initiatives, health and dental benefits, a group pension plan with matching contribution, firm sponsored social events and professional development assistance.
MNP proudly serves and responds to the needs of our clients in the public, private and not-for-profit sectors. Through partner-led engagements, we provide a collaborative, cost-effective approach to doing business, with innovative strategies to help organizations succeed across the country and around the world.
Not ready to apply? Create a profile and connect with us for general consideration.
Description QUALIFICATIONS: - A diploma and/or certificate in Housing Management and/or related field combined with 2-3 years related experience. Equivalence will be considered. - Familiarity with...
12 days ago | Government/Industry Groups - Government, Policy and Legal - Business Development/Strategic Management, AgCareers.com, 22 daysThe Ontario Federation of Agriculture (OFA) is a dynamic farmer led organization based in Guelph, Ontario, that enables prosperous and sustainable farms. It is the leading advocate for Ontario...
Technical Analyst-014393 Description Epocal, part of Siemens Healthineers, is a leading manufacturer of a clinical Point Of Care (POC) diagnostic product. The epoc© Blood Analysis System is...
Close Payroll Manager Canada Job Posting Category: Experienced Professionals (1+ years) Career Level: Manager Industry: Packaged Goods Job Category: Human Resources Years Experience: 6-8 Years Job...
(3) Mortgage Specialists Outaouais Region What is the opportunity? In this role, you provide peace of mind to clients by providing customized mortgage solutions and advice. Your ability to develop...
30+ days ago | Agribusiness - Crop Production - Accounting/Finance/Asset Management, AgCareers.com, 22 daysAccounting and Payroll Administrator Rosendale Farms Limited, located in Waterloo Region, is a family farm operation with cash crop, crop input and grain elevator divisions. Job Summary This...
Description QUALIFICATIONS: - A diploma and/or certificate in Housing Management and/or related...
12 days ago | Government/Industry Groups - Government, Policy and Legal - Business Development/Strategic Management, AgCareers.com, 22 daysThe Ontario Federation of Agriculture (OFA) is a dynamic farmer led organization based in...
Technical Analyst-014393 Description Epocal, part of Siemens Healthineers, is a leading...
Close Payroll Manager Canada Job Posting Category: Experienced Professionals (1+ years) Career...
(3) Mortgage Specialists Outaouais Region What is the opportunity? In this role, you provide...
30+ days ago | Agribusiness - Crop Production - Accounting/Finance/Asset Management, AgCareers.com, 22 daysAccounting and Payroll Administrator Rosendale Farms Limited, located in Waterloo Region, is a...