SNC-Lavalin Operations and Maintenance is recognized as one of Canada’s leading outsourced operations and maintenance solutions experts, a division of SNC-Lavalin Group Inc., the largest engineering and construction firm in Canada, and one of the five largest in the world. We continue to grow our business globally.
Our team members across the country and the globe deliver superior service to every one of our clients. Our people are vital to our success, and we build teams that are second to none. Our team embraces challenges and is engaged in working together to contribute to our business objectives.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
Reporting to the Maintenance Team Lead, this role is responsible to provide support to skilled tradespersons in performing labour activities in the installation, maintenance and repair of building mechanical and electrical systems. This role will also undertake service requests from tenants to ensure a high degree of customer satisfaction. The successful candidate will possess strong customer service skills, willingness to learn, and the knowledge and ability to operate tools and equipment responsibly, safely, and efficiently.
- THIS POSITION IS LOCATED IN NORTH BATTLEFORD, SK
- Complete tenant service requests in a professional and customer-focused manner
- Perform general labourer tasks associated to facility maintenance in a manner that will not jeopardize safety, including but not limited to: landscaping, painting, dry walling, cleaning, woodworking, removing snow, etc
- Maintain cleanliness and tidiness of all mechanical/electrical areas to provide a safe working environment; ensure all equipment are clean and properly maintained to prolong equipment efficiency and life span
- Maintain order in the shop by ensuring all supplies, parts, hand held tools, etc are stored in an organized manner; inform Maintenance Team Lead when supplies/parts are running low
- Conduct work in accordance with all Occupational Health and Safety legislation, guidelines, standards, policies, procedures and practices
- Act as a liaison for all contractors in the building while keeping the contractors accountable for their performances, quality of work, and compliance to health, safety, security and environmental standards
- Assist management team and other team members when requested
- Working towards 5th Class Power Engineering Certification or other trade certificates
- Knowledge of fire and safety codes as well as sprinkler systems required
- Be physically fit to carry out labour intensive jobs such as lifting, standing, walking, bending, etc
- Must be available to work after-hours, on weekends and for standby rotation to respond to after-hours service requests as required
- Valid driver’s license and access to a personal vehicle is preferred
- Ability to obtain federal security clearance is required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently under minimal supervision and in a close team
- Ability to make effective decisions in emergency situations
- Eagerness to learn; customer service focused; Self-motivated
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office; including Word, Excel, and Outlook is preferred
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
Emergency Duty Worker - HUM008061 Employment Type: Expression of Interest for SGEU Term less than 9 months Location(s) : SK--NorthBattleford and Area-North Battleford SK--NorthBattleford and...
Equipment Operator - VEH001689 Employment Type: SGEU Term 9 months or more Location(s) : SK--NorthBattleford and Area-North Battleford Ministry : 016 Highways and Infrastructure Salary...
Skills and Abilities Work Setting - Hotel, motel, resort Specific Skills - Co-ordinate, assign and review work - Assist clients/guests with special needs - Establish work schedules and procedures...
Saskatchewan Hospital Mental Health Correctional Officer - COR001798 Employment Type: Permanent Part-time Location(s) : SK--NorthBattleford and Area-North Battleford Ministry : 073 Corrections...
Court Administrative Assistant - Court of Queen's Bench - ADM014972 Employment Type: Expression of Interest for SGEU Term less than 9 months Location(s) : SK--NorthBattleford and...
ECE worker Job Order #: 5645470 Employer Name: Learning Tree Child Development Center Wage/Salary Info: Depends on Education and experience Posted Date: 28-Sep-2018 Location: NORTH BATTLEFORD # of...
Emergency Duty Worker - HUM008061 Employment Type: Expression of Interest for SGEU Term less...
Equipment Operator - VEH001689 Employment Type: SGEU Term 9 months or...
Skills and Abilities Work Setting - Hotel, motel, resort Specific Skills - Co-ordinate, assign...
Saskatchewan Hospital Mental Health Correctional Officer - COR001798 Employment Type: Permanent...
Court Administrative Assistant - Court of Queen's Bench - ADM014972 Employment Type: Expression...
ECE worker Job Order #: 5645470 Employer Name: Learning Tree Child Development...