SNC-Lavalin Operations and Maintenance is recognized as one of Canada’s leading outsourced operations and maintenance solutions experts, a division of SNC-Lavalin Group Inc., the largest engineering and construction firm in Canada, and one of the five largest in the world. We continue to grow our business globally.
Our team members across the country and the globe deliver superior service to every one of our clients. Our people are vital to our success, and we build teams that are second to none. Our team embraces challenges and is engaged in working together to contribute to our business objectives.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
Reporting to the Maintenance Team Lead, this role is responsible to provide support to skilled tradespersons in performing labour activities in the installation, maintenance and repair of building mechanical and electrical systems. This role will also undertake service requests from tenants to ensure a high degree of customer satisfaction. The successful candidate will possess strong customer service skills, willingness to learn, and the knowledge and ability to operate tools and equipment responsibly, safely, and efficiently.
- THIS POSITION IS LOCATED IN NORTH BATTLEFORD, SK
- Complete tenant service requests in a professional and customer-focused manner
- Perform general labourer tasks associated to facility maintenance in a manner that will not jeopardize safety, including but not limited to: landscaping, painting, dry walling, cleaning, woodworking, removing snow, etc
- Maintain cleanliness and tidiness of all mechanical/electrical areas to provide a safe working environment; ensure all equipment are clean and properly maintained to prolong equipment efficiency and life span
- Maintain order in the shop by ensuring all supplies, parts, hand held tools, etc are stored in an organized manner; inform Maintenance Team Lead when supplies/parts are running low
- Conduct work in accordance with all Occupational Health and Safety legislation, guidelines, standards, policies, procedures and practices
- Act as a liaison for all contractors in the building while keeping the contractors accountable for their performances, quality of work, and compliance to health, safety, security and environmental standards
- Assist management team and other team members when requested
- Working towards 5th Class Power Engineering Certification or other trade certificates
- Knowledge of fire and safety codes as well as sprinkler systems required
- Be physically fit to carry out labour intensive jobs such as lifting, standing, walking, bending, etc
- Must be available to work after-hours, on weekends and for standby rotation to respond to after-hours service requests as required
- Valid driver’s license and access to a personal vehicle is preferred
- Ability to obtain federal security clearance is required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently under minimal supervision and in a close team
- Ability to make effective decisions in emergency situations
- Eagerness to learn; customer service focused; Self-motivated
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office; including Word, Excel, and Outlook is preferred
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
Description Potzus Ltd is one of Saskatchewans largest construction companies. Established in 1966 we are a second generation family owned and operated business providing top quality work to the...
Description HJR Asphalt LP is currently seeking a full time seasonal roller operator to join one of our paving crews. As a roller operator, your duites/responsiilities will include (but are not...
Description Under the supervision of the Executive Director and the Director of Programs, the Program Supervisor is responsible for the overall supervision, coordination and implementation of...
Saskatchewan Hospital Mental Health Correctional Officer Eligibility List 2018/19, Government of Saskatchewan, 12 daysSaskatchewan Hospital Mental Health Correctional Officer Eligibility List 2018/19 - COR001778 Employment Type: Permanent Full-time Location(s) : SK--NorthBattleford and Area-North...
Description Duties: Fabrication of containers for handling waste, recyclables, and other products. Communicate with sales and design department about upcoming needs and prioritization of...
Description L7 electric is expanding again and currently has another opening for 1st or 2nd year apprentice. The successful applicant will need to have the following. -Little or no electrical...
Description Potzus Ltd is one of Saskatchewans largest construction companies. Established in...
Description HJR Asphalt LP is currently seeking a full time seasonal roller operator to join one...
Description Under the supervision of the Executive Director and the Director of Programs, the...
Saskatchewan Hospital Mental Health Correctional Officer Eligibility List 2018/19, Government of Saskatchewan, 12 daysSaskatchewan Hospital Mental Health Correctional Officer Eligibility List...
Description Duties: Fabrication of containers for handling waste, recyclables, and other...
Description L7 electric is expanding again and currently has another opening for 1st or 2nd year...