General Labour - Etobicoke, ON
730 Islington Ave
Etobicoke, Ontario, M8Z 4N8
What does WestRock do?
We make cardboard boxes or as we call it, Corrugated Containers. Have you ever ordered pizza or an item online? If so, there is a good chance that it was a WestRock box made in one of our WestRock facilities.
We are hiring people who have experience working in a manufacturing facility to ensure quality boxes are produced for our customers. You will be working in a team environment, where good communication skills are essential. You will ensure production targets are met and that you and your co-workers are working safely. Daily physical requirements are pushing, pulling, lifting, moving, stacking cardboard through various machines. Job repetition and hot work environment are part of the working conditions.
To be considered for this position, you must be able to work rotating shifts ; Monday to Friday (days 6:45 am -2:45 pm, afternoons 2:45 pm – 10:45 pm, nights 10:45 pm – 6:45 am). Shifts rotate weekly . All successful applicants must be able to provide a satisfactory criminal background check and pre-employment medical.
Why work with WestRock?
- Starting wage of $17.19 per hour. Shift premiums for afternoon .50 and night shift .75.
- Wage increases after 60-day probationary period and as per the collective agreement
- Training opportunities to work on different machines
- Benefits after your probationary period has been completed.
- Pension after 6 months of employment
- Free Parking
- Subsidized hot lunch cafeteria
- Celebration lunches for successes reached in the plant
- An employer dedicated to Health and Safety
- A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety, and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
- A management team committed to WestRock's values of Respect, Accountability, Integrity and Excellence
What you need to work at WestRock:
- High school diploma
- Basic computer skills, math skills, tape measure skills and ability to read production layouts
- Experience working in a fast-paced manufacturing environment
- Mechanical aptitude
- Physically capable of repetitive work, standing, lifting up to 50 lbs
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work weekly rotating shifts
As a global company, you will find our boxes worldwide! Next time you get a box, turn it around and see if you can find the WestRock stamp!
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce. As part of our commitment to accessibility for all persons with disabilities, WestRock will, upon request from the applicant, provide accommodation during the recruitment process to ensure equal access to applicants with disabilities. Please contact WestRock, Human Resources at 416-253-4070 about your needs and we will consult with you to ensure suitable accommodation is provided.
Please submit your resume to www.westrock.com/careers .
ONA JOB POSTING #871178 Position: Registered Nurse Site: E. W. Bickle Centre, Toronto Rehab Department: South 4, LTLD/Geri Rehab Reports to: Manager, Program Services Scale/Grade: E0: 06 Salary...
ONA Job Posting #870516 Position: Registered Nurse (3 positions) Site: Toronto Western Hospital Department: 6A Neurovascular Unit Reports to: Nurse Manager Scale/Grade: E0:06 Salary Range:...
There has never been a better time to join Extreme, after three acquisitions extending our portfolio and go to market strategy, we have seen enormous opportunity and growth within the regions....
Registered Nurse - Cardiovascular Investigation Unit (Cath Lab) - 2 positions, Toronto General Hospital, 12 daysONA Job Posting #871525 Position: Registered Nurse - 2 Positions Site: Toronto General Hospital Department: Cardiovascular Investigation Unit (Cath Lab) Reports to: Nurse...
JOB POSTING # 868510 POSITION: Technical Support Technician - TFT DEPARTMENT: UHN DIGITAL LOCATION: UHN Sites STATUS: Temporary Full-Time HOURS: 37.5 hours each week – 24/7 Environment – Shift...
JOB POSTING #871180 Position: CT Technologist (2 positions) Site: Rotating Sites Department: Joint Department of Medical Imaging (JDMI) Reports to: Supervisor Hours: 37.5 hours; Shifts:...
ONA JOB POSTING #871178 Position: Registered Nurse Site: E. W. Bickle Centre, Toronto...
ONA Job Posting #870516 Position: Registered Nurse (3 positions) Site: Toronto Western...
There has never been a better time to join Extreme, after three acquisitions extending our...
Registered Nurse - Cardiovascular Investigation Unit (Cath Lab) - 2 positions, Toronto General Hospital, 12 daysONA Job Posting #871525 Position: Registered Nurse - 2 Positions Site: Toronto General...
JOB POSTING # 868510 POSITION: Technical Support Technician - TFT DEPARTMENT: UHN...
JOB POSTING #871180 Position: CT Technologist (2 positions) Site: Rotating Sites Department:...