General Accounting Finance Manager
Job Posting Category: Experienced Professionals (1+ years)
Career Level: Manager
Industry: Packaged Goods
Job Category: Financial ,Accounting
Years Experience: 4-6 Years
Job Type: Full-time
Posting Date: July 21, 2020
Share this job:
Conagra Brands has the most energized, highest-impact culture in food. Our people persistently challenge and disrupt marketplace/business conventions and we are respected for our great brands, great food, great margins and consistent results. Conagra Brands, be part of building something BIG.
As a member of the Conagra Canada Finance leadership team you are responsible for leading the general accounting function. Your responsibilities include managing the financial close, ensuring continued SOX compliance, maintaining a strong internal controls environment within the Conagra Canada business and working with various shared service partners to define and document the local support structure, including appropriate local policies and procedures. You will manage, lead and coach a team of 4 professionals.
- Provide leadership and support to the general accounting function team of 4 professionals
- Overall responsibility for monthly close and reporting activities
- Support SG&A cost center forecast and actual reporting
- Responsible for defining and documenting the local support model for Accounts Payable support, including the formalization of appropriate procurement policies and approval of new vendor setups
- Ensure continued SOX compliance and the maintenance of a strong internal controls environment within the Conagra Canada business
- Finance lead for Canadian contract review process
- Actively identify and implement process improvements in the General Accounting areas ensuring that process improvements focus on simplicity, accountability and also bring value to the Conagra Canada business.
- Act as a liaison with the US COE for AP, AR, Corporate Accounting and Tax teams
- Lead Finance functional initiatives as requested
- Partner with IT to find technological solutions that create process efficiencies
Qualifications, Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting
- 5-10 years financial analysis experience
- Accounting designation CPA/CMA certification required
- Strong internal control and process documentation experience
- Demonstrated experience leading teams
- Previous experience working within a shared service environment is preferred
- Exceptional PC skills required (spreadsheet, database management, power point, word processing, etcâ€¦)
- Experience with SAP/BW/BI/BPC or other multi-dimensional database tools is an asset
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, communications, organizational and financial skills – ability to interact with all levels of management.
- Strong work ethic with a high level of energy who can take a “roll-up-the-sleeves” approach
Conagra Brands is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or any other protected factor. ConAgra Foods is committed to working with and providing accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please e-mail Canada.Recruitment@conagrafoods.com. We will make a determination on your request for accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
À titre d'employeur souscrivant au principe de l'égalité d'accès í l'emploi, Conagra Brands considère les postulants qualifiés pour les offres d'emplois sans égard í la race, la couleur, les croyances religieuses, l'origine, le sexe, l'orientation sexuelle, l'identité de genre, la langue parlée, l'âge, le handicap ou tout autre facteur discriminatoire. Conagra Brands s'engage í travailler et offrir des accommodements aux individus ayant des handicaps. Si vous avez besoin d'assistance ou si vous avez des besoins spécifiques pour votre emploi, vous pouvez transmettre votre demande par courriel í Canada.Recruitment@conagrafoods.com. Nous prendrons en considération votre demande d'accommodement au cas-par-cas.
Learn More about Conagra Brands Canada Inc.
See all Conagra Brands Canada Inc. job postings
Setup a Career Alert for similar jobs
Send to a friend
Share this job:
Company Description: ICUC is a social media management services company delivering content moderation, community management and social listening services. With a team of over 250 specialists, ICUC...
Located in Brampton Temporary $20/Hr Kelly Profesional has a customer in located in Brampton who is looking for a Procurement Analyst to fill a Temporary position. REQUIREMENTS: Post-secondary...
JOB POSTING #860974 Position: Project Manager, Surgical Data Strategy Site: Toronto General Hospital Department: Surgical Services Reports To: Executive Director, Surgical Services Salary Grade: ...
The Products Finance team is seeking a Senior Financial Analyst to support the R&D and Product Management organizations. The Senior Financial Analyst will be required to learn about the product...
Job Location Brampton, Ontario CA Job Category Sales/Account Management ABOUT US (AND OUR EXCITING FUTURE) Menasha Corporation is all about possibilities. Our two businesses, Menasha Packaging and...
JOB POSTING# 860294 Position: REGISTERED DIETITIAN, In-patient and Ambulatory Care (Head & Neck) Site: PRINCESS MARGARET CANCER CENTRE Department: ALLIED HEALTH Reports to: MANAGER Salary: $35.66...
Company Description: ICUC is a social media management services company delivering content...
Located in Brampton Temporary $20/Hr Kelly Profesional has a customer in located in Brampton who...
JOB POSTING #860974 Position: Project Manager, Surgical Data Strategy Site: Toronto General...
The Products Finance team is seeking a Senior Financial Analyst to support the R&D and Product...
Job Location Brampton, Ontario CA Job Category Sales/Account Management ABOUT US (AND OUR...
JOB POSTING# 860294 Position: REGISTERED DIETITIAN, In-patient and Ambulatory Care (Head &...