*Must hold a valid class 5 license with heavy trailer G Endorsement (or higher). Air endorsement NOT required*
**Pre-employment DOT drug and alcohol testing required**
We are looking for experienced long-haul truck drivers to join our team! We haul
all of our own product (Travel trailers, fifth wheels, cargo, flat deck, dump and
utility trailers) from the Manufacture's located down in the United States, back to
our dealership located in Regina, SK. We generally send a crew consisting of 2 or
3 drivers every week, or every second week. Driving crews share/split the driving
on trip down, then drive individual vehicles/loads on return trip home. The route
traveled stays consistent almost every trip: Regina, Saskatchewan to Elkhart,
Indiana. This trip takes you through 5 American States (North Dakota, Minnesota,
Wisconsin, Illinois, Indiana). It normally takes 4 full days to complete this trip.
- All Equipment (Trucks, hauling trailers, straps, tools, etc.) are all owned and supplied by Affordable Trailer Sales
- All fuel, food, accommodations and maintenance expenses are paid by Affordable Trailer Sales
- Starting wage: $750 Flat Rate paid per trip (with the opportunity to grow/increase depending on experience/skills)
- Criminal record check IS required
- Must hold a valid passport and you must be able to cross into the United State of America without any legal (or other) issues arising
- Must travel well in groups and have the ability to sleep in a moving vehicle
- Drivers must be physically capable of loading/tying down various truck and trailers loads
Skills and Abilities
- Driver logbook
- Inspection report (pre-trip, en-route, post-trip)
- Maintenance and repair reports
- Trans-border documentation
- Trip reports
- Accident or incident reports
Security and Safety
- Drug test
- Driving record check (abstract)
- Criminal record check (abstract)
- Oversee condition of vehicle and inspect tires, lights, brakes, cold storage and other equipment
- Drive as part of a two-person team or convoy
- Tarping and ensuring safety and security of cargo
- Loading and unloading of goods
- Monitor vehicle performance and mechanical fitness
- Use atlases and other trip planning aids
- Continuous learning
- Finding information
- Job task planning and organizing
- Critical thinking
- Decision making
- Problem solving
- Working with others
- Oral communication
- Document use
- Reading text
- Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
- Travel expenses paid by employer
- Valid driver's licence
- Willing to travel overnight
- Willing to travel for extended periods
- Willing to travel cross-border
Communication Equipment Experience
- Cellular phone
- Satellite tracking (GPS) equipment
- Coach colleagues on new methods or work techniques
Type of Trucking and Equipment
- Extended length tractor-trailer combination
Type of Travel
Tracking Code 2446-046 Job Description This position specializes in the sale of John Deere construction and forestry equipment, Bomag Compaction and other associated manufacturer''s...
Assemblers Tracking Code 1646-046 Job Description Brandt Equipment Solutions is currently seeking Assemblers for their Regina, SK location. The successful candidate must be able to work in a fast...
Reporting to the Corporate Training and Safety Manager, this position focuses on delivering John Deere construction and forestry product technical training to Brandt Tractor's service and parts...
Position Title Delivery Driver Closing Date 1/20/2019 Job Description If you've been looking to join a team that values your energy and talents, offers multiple career paths, and provides you with...
Seasonal Warehouse Support, Regina, SK Why work at Nutrien Ag Solutions? Great question! Safety is a core value at Nutrien Ag Solutions. Keeping every employee safe, healthy and secure is our top...
Brandt is currently seeking a Trailer Sales Specialist for our Regina location. This position would will report to the CWP Sales Manager, and work in conjunction with all Brandt Sales Departments...
Tracking Code 2446-046 Job Description This position specializes in the sale of John Deere...
Assemblers Tracking Code 1646-046 Job Description Brandt Equipment Solutions is currently...
Reporting to the Corporate Training and Safety Manager, this position focuses on delivering John...
Position Title Delivery Driver Closing Date 1/20/2019 Job Description If you've been looking to...
Seasonal Warehouse Support, Regina, SK Why work at Nutrien Ag Solutions? Great question! Safety...
Brandt is currently seeking a Trailer Sales Specialist for our Regina location. This position...