At Sun Life, we work together, share common values and encourage growth and achievement. We offer many career paths that attract a wide variety of talent and skills. Follow a path that lets your talents shine.
Build the best web experience.
You are passionate about technology and this digital era. You seek challenges and are not afraid to make mistakes. You work well with others; you listen but also speak your mind. You see solutions instead of obstacles; you get inspired and try to inspire. You believe that change is possible, and you can make it happen.
Sun Life Financial. Our employees account for some 27,000 professionals, with 3,000 in IT alone. We thrive on challenges; we learn from each other and provide a rich environment where people can make their skills grow.
Our clients use technologies to simplify their lives.
Our products span across the insurance and financial worlds. They provide peace of mind to millions, and help many others attain their investment and retirement objectives, letting people worry about what is actually important to them.
Our employee benefits include an annual bonus program, pension plan, stock and savings programs, fitness and wellness benefits, flexible work arrangements, hands-on training and cross-functional project opportunities, education fund and eLearning, and the chance to gain international experience.
Is there a fit? Join us at Sun Life Financials and continue building your future
Position : Full-Stack Web Developer
The Digital Solutions team is looking for a Full-Stack Web Developer with experience designing, developing, and supporting applications and systems. The successful candidate will have strong technical and problem solving skills and will show initiative, be accepting of responsibility and be accountable for results.
- Develop, code, unit test, debug, and implement requests for programs, small projects, and system changes in a web application environment
- Ensure information security standards and requirements are incorporated into all solutions
- Collaborate with Project Managers or Scrum Masters, System Designers, Business System Analysts, Application analysts and Testing Specialists to deliver high quality solutions
- Produce detailed-level designs based on business requirements and defined architectures
- Contribute to defining timelines and project plans; analyze and estimate feasibility, cost, time and scope
- Stay current with trends in emerging technologies and how they could apply to Sun Life
Your background and skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education/experience
- Ability to work in English
- Ability to liaise with internal and external stakeholders and adapt approach when dealing with technical and non-technical audiences
- Good analytical skills; able to assess alternatives, risks and benefits; attention to detail
- Multi-tasker, customer and results focused
- Flexible and adaptable with the ability to align to changing priorities
- University Degree or College Diploma in a related discipline and/or equivalent working experience
- Minimum 3 years of progressive information technology experience in a web application environment with full application development life cycle and systems integration experience
- Application development using JAVA technologies (JAVA, JDBC, J2EE frameworks), Weblogic or equivalent application server, Eclipse IDE, and UNIX environments
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience with social media tools and integration (eg. Facebook, blogs and Twitter)
- Knowledge of the financial and insurance industries
- LOMA certification
- Experience with some/several of the following: Microsoft (.Net) development, Computer Associates SiteMinder, Mobile application development experience, HTML5, Open Text Vignette/ WEM, Lotus Connections, SharePoint, Atlassian Confluence, NFC
Persons with disabilities who need accommodation in the application process, or those needing job postings in an alternative format, may e-mail a request to firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for showing an interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Category:IT - Application Development
Posting End Date:29/04/2018
Dévelopeur Sénior Fullstack/ Senior Fullstack developer Location: Montreal, QC Category: Ecommerce Job Type: Direct Hire Reference: CA_EN_6_20844_61264038 Posted: March...
DevOPS specialist – Cloud infrastructure Job Number: 3105396 Posting Date : Mar 27, 2018 Primary Location : Americas-Canada-Quebec-Montreal Education Level: Bachelor's Degree Job : Production...
Développeur Front-end / Front-end developer Location: Montreal, QC Category: Ecommerce Job Type: Direct Hire Reference: CA_EN_6_20844_60778082 Posted: March 26,2018 Salary: N/A Front-end Web...
Développeur front-end senior (Angular 2+) Location: Lachine, QC Category: Ecommerce Job Type: Direct Hire Reference: CA_EN_6_20844_61196506 Posted: March 26,2018 Salary: N/A Notre client est le...
Req Id: 195712 Bell is a truly Canadian company with over 137 years of success. We are defined by the passion of our team members and their belief in our company’s vast potential. To ensure we...
Senior UI Engineer 17WD25759 Americas-Canada-Quebec-Montréal Senior UI Engineer Location: San Francisco, CA- United States Job ID: 17WD25759 Position Overview Do you want to create engaging,...
Dévelopeur Sénior Fullstack/ Senior Fullstack developer Location: Montreal,...
DevOPS specialist – Cloud infrastructure Job Number: 3105396 Posting Date : Mar 27,...
Développeur Front-end / Front-end developer Location: Montreal, QC Category: Ecommerce Job...
Développeur front-end senior (Angular 2+) Location: Lachine, QC Category: Ecommerce Job...
Req Id: 195712 Bell is a truly Canadian company with over 137 years of success. We are defined...
Senior UI Engineer 17WD25759 Americas-Canada-Quebec-Montréal Senior UI Engineer Location: San...