Part Time | Pickering North, ONTARIO | 4 months
This position may have expired!
$69,898 Average salary of similar jobs | Check Salary...
|Freight Handler Part-Time|
Responsible for transporting freight across dock area to/from trailers for loading to trailers. As a Freight Handler, flexibility regarding shifts will be required.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Perform freight handling using appropriate motorized and manual equipment, including, but not limited to forklift, pallet jack, hand truck
2. Comply with all applicable laws/regulations, as well as company policies/procedures
3. Verify documentation matches freight description, including, but not limited to type, weight, and hazardous materials, using current electronic and manual system
4. Secure freight inside trailers using appropriate tools and supplies, including, but not limited to pallets, straps, rope
5. Recoup/repair damaged freight when necessary
6. Verify and complete required documentation and reports
7. Assist customers with freight and freight documentation as needed
8. Perform other duties as required
• High school diploma/equivalent or 2 years dock experience
• Valid forklift certificate preferred
• Ability to lift/carry hand freight of varying weights several times a week, to lift dock plates weighing approximately 100 pounds, and to open trailer doors requiring approximately 75 pounds of lift force, up to several times per day or more
• Ability to bend, twist, squat, pushing/pulling freight throughout shift
• Previous dock/warehouse experience preferred
• Able to count and perform basic math, with or without a calculator
• Basic written and verbal communication skills
• Able to follow instructions and complete required training
• Able to work alone or as a team member
• Dock environment; exposure to varied weather conditions, exhaust, fumes, dust, noise
This job description is general in nature and is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
Job Description Summary: Provide logistical support to all departments. This may include the movement of all materials and products to and from all warehouse storage areas. Includes the receipt of...
Job Description When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $22 billion and the...
Come work with us at our client-a global leader in the electrical and energy industries. Perks include: Weekly Pay 4% vacation pay on each cheque Direct Deposit Onsite...
Position Title Warehouse Associate Closing Date 9/24/2018 Job Description If you've been looking to join a team that values your energy and talents, offers multiple career paths, and provides you...
Fork Lift Operator/Blender Helper: RESPONSIBILITIES: UPI and shrink-wrap finished skids, move skids to shipping area Complete all paperwork and keep track of all raw material tickets (to be handed...
Industrial Staffing - Scarborough MaxSys Staffing and Consulting is hiring full time warehouse workers for the following positions: general labour, machine operator, and forklift operators. MaxSys...
Job Description Summary: Provide logistical support to all departments. This may include the...
Job Description When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll be part of a smart, driven...
Come work with us at our client-a global leader in the electrical and energy industries. Perks...
Position Title Warehouse Associate Closing Date 9/24/2018 Job Description If you've been looking...
Fork Lift Operator/Blender Helper: RESPONSIBILITIES: UPI and shrink-wrap finished skids, move...
Industrial Staffing - Scarborough MaxSys Staffing and Consulting is hiring full time warehouse...