At Sun Life, we work together, share common values and encourage growth and achievement. We offer many career paths that attract a wide variety of talent and skills. Follow a path that lets your talents shine.
Be digital, be mobile.
You are passionate about technology and this digital era. You are an agent of change, looking forward to a meaningful and impactful role in life. You seek challenges, make mistakes, and live your life intensively. You work well with others; you listen but also speak your mind clearly. You see solutions instead of obstacles; you get inspired and try to inspire. You believe that change is possible, and you can make it happen.
Sun Life Financial
Our employees account for some 27,000 professionals, with 3,000 in IT alone. We thrive with challenges; we learn from each other and provide a rich environment where people can make their skills grow.
Our clients are tech savvy citizens of a digital world. They use technologies to simplify their lives and are eager to adopt any new disruptive ones, setting high standards for us all.
Our market is the world. Serving some 37 million clients across 26 countries, we adapt to local realities and leverage our world expertise to better serve each of them.
Our products span across the insurance and financial worlds, providing peace of mind to millions, and helping many others attain their investments and retirement objectives, letting people worry for what is really important to them.
Our employee benefits include an annual bonus program, pension plan, stock and savings programs, fitness and wellness benefits, flexible work arrangements, hands-on training and cross-functional project opportunities, education fund and eLearning, and the chance to gain international experience.
Is there a fit? Join us at Sun Life Financials and continue building your future
Position: DevOps Specialist
The Digital Solutions team is looking for a DevOps Engineer with experience designing, developing, implementing, supporting and analyzing large-scale tooling and systems that support the end-to-end development process. The successful candidate will have strong technical and problem solving skills and will show initiative, be accepting of responsibility and be accountable for results.
- Collaborate with architects, designers, business system analysts, application analysts, operation teams and testing specialists to deliver fully automated ALM systems
- Deploys, configures, manages, and performs ongoing maintenance of technical infrastructure including all DevOps tooling used by Digital Solutions
- Be the custodian of the DevOps infrastructure specific to Mobile applications development and deployment
- Provides, maintains, and manages the appropriate release policy, processes, standards, and procedures
- Assists development team with the preparation of releases for production. This may include assisting in the automation of performance tests, validation of infrastructure requirements, and guiding the team with respect to system decisions
- Creates or improves the automated deployment processes, techniques, and tools
- Troubleshoots and resolves technical operational issues related to IT Infrastructure
- Review and analyze organizational needs and goals to determine future impacts to applications and systems
- Ensure information security standards and requirements are incorporated into all solutions
- Stay current with trends in emerging technologies and how they could apply to Sun Life
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to liaise with internal and external stakeholders and adapt approach when dealing with technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a strong, collaborative multi-site team
- Excellent organizing, planning and time management skills
- Self-directed and proactive; thinking beyond the immediate problem with ability to analyze situations/problems systematically and deliver effective right-sized solutions in a timely manner
- Possess an inherent passion for continuous improvement and innovation
- Customer and results focused
- Flexible and adaptable with the ability to align to changing priorities
Qualifications / Skills:
- University Degree or College Diploma in a related discipline
- Minimum 3 years of progressive information technology experience with full application development life cycle and systems integration experience
- 3+ years of experience with native mobile deployment on iOS and/or Android
- A strong DevOps background with a security and automation mindset
- Experience owning infrastructure in production, as well as designing and creating deployment pipelines, infrastructure tooling and monitoring
- Experience with Scripting languages
- Experience with source code management tools such as TFS, Bitbucket, Git
- Experience in using and configuring build tools and orchestration such as Jenkins, Maven, Gradle, Artifactory, Fastlane
- Knowledge of deployment (i.e. Ansible, Chef) and containerization (Docker) tooling IAAS/PAAS/SAAS deployment and operations experience
- Scripting skills are a plus
- Solid hardware and application virtualization platform experience
- High-Level knowledge of IBM MobileFirst Platform is a plus
- Knowledge of the financial and insurance industries
- System Administrator experience
- Agile experience
- Jira, Confluence, Hipchat experience
- Exposure to Enterprise Service Bus (ESB) integration architectures and technologies
Unique / Additional Requirements:
We know there are endless tools in the DevOps tool box and we don’t expect you to come in as an expert on everything, but you are looking forward to experimenting and learning
Enterprise Services, Working better together.
Our teams are dedicated to providing the services and technology our business partners need to help customers achieve lifetime financial security. Through innovation and collaboration, we're striving to continually find new and better ways to bring value to Sun Life. Enterprise Services has employees in Canada, Ireland, the U.S. and Asia. We partner closely with groups and individuals throughout Sun Life Financial to provide products and services that deliver business value.
Persons with disabilities who need accommodation in the application process, or those needing job postings in an alternative format, may e-mail a request to email@example.com
We thank all applicants for showing an interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Category:IT - Application Development
Posting End Date:10/06/2018
Platform Operations – Infrastructure Specialist 3115482 Job Number: 3115482 Posting Date : Jul 10, 2018 Primary Location : Americas-Canada-Quebec-Montreal Education Level: Bachelor's...
DevOps Engineer, 3dsMax 18WD29005 Americas-Canada-Quebec-Montréal DevOps Engineer, 3dsMax Location: Montreal, QC- Canada Job ID: 18WD29005 Position Overview Autodesk Inc. is looking for a talented...
Category:Infrastructure/Cloud City: Montréal, Quebec, Canada Employment Type: Full Time Position Description: Analyst will assist projects to successfully deliver solutions for Information...
DevOps Specialist Amazing opportunity for a Devops Specialist to join a great international company! Title: DevOps Specialist Location: Longueuil, QC Position status: Full time permanent Salary:...
Systems Administrator Eagle is currently seeking a Systems Administrator. This is a twelve (12) month, contract position scheduled to start in July. Key Responsibilities The successful candidate...
Req ID: 25627 At NTT DATA Services, we know that with the right people on board, anything is possible. The quality, integrity, and commitment of our employees are key factors in our company’s...
Platform Operations – Infrastructure Specialist 3115482 Job Number: 3115482 Posting Date : Jul...
DevOps Engineer, 3dsMax 18WD29005 Americas-Canada-Quebec-Montréal DevOps Engineer,...
Category:Infrastructure/Cloud City: Montréal, Quebec, Canada Employment Type: Full Time Position...
DevOps Specialist Amazing opportunity for a Devops Specialist to join a great international...
Systems Administrator Eagle is currently seeking a Systems Administrator. This is a twelve (12)...
Req ID: 25627 At NTT DATA Services, we know that with the right people on board, anything is...