Reporting To: Service Supervisor
If you have high integrity and a strong work ethic, we want you on our team! We are seeking Remote Site Technician that will safely and effectively diagnose and repair Caterpillar mining and earthmoving equipment in a timely manner while ensuring positive customer relations.
Note: This position is located at the New Gold Mine Site. Rotational Schedule of 2 weeks in / 2 weeks out (remote site premium applies).
- Participate in safe, environmentally sound and healthy work behaviours at all times, in support of Toromont’s Health and Safety Policies, Programs and initiatives
- Diagnose mechanical problems using Caterpillar testing equipment
- Repair, allied or competitive Caterpillar earthmoving equipment as required, within the established time standards
- Prepare service reports and service documentation in an accurate and timely manner
- Participate as an integrated member of onsite mechanical staff
- Maintain good customer relations
- Comply with customer safety policies and procedures
- Post Secondary Education with a valid Heavy Equipment Technician Licence
- Minimum of 5 years experience as a technician
- A basic knowledge electrical and hydraulic systems
- Safety concious, customer centric with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Focused, energetic, self-motivated and organized with superior attention to detail
- Proven ability to complete repairs/service within established time guidelines in a busy, fast-paced environment
- Team player willing and able to work flexible hours in support of business needs
- Proven computer skills (specifically, SIS, CAT ET, DBS, Microsoft Applications)
- A valid Driver’s Licence with a clean driver’s abstract
Toromont Cat is an equal opportunity employer who recognizes and values diversity. Upon request, Toromont will accommodate any applicant with disabilities throughout the recruiting processes, including any required applications, interviews and/or assessments.
Organization: Ontario Clean Water Agency Division: Operations, Northwestern Region, Ontario City: Emo, Wawa Job Term: 2 Temporary - Fixed Term (5.5 months) with possible extension Job Code: 40402...