Reporting To: Service Supervisor, Power Systems London
Through customized engineering, packaging, design and building complete control and switchgear systems with the latest technology, TOROMONT CAT POWER SYSTEMS has become an industry leader in the supply of Generators and Electric Power utilizing Caterpillar engines.
If you have high integrity and a strong work ethic, we want you on our team! We are seeking a talented Field Service Technician, Power Systems.
The successful candidate will have experience working in the field and will service our customers to maintain and repair diesel and natural gas powered systems.
Demonstrate safe and healthy work behaviors and practices at all times in support of Toromont’s Health and Safety Policy, Programs and initiatives
Perform all reasonable steps and precautions to guarantee Toromont’s Health and Safety Guidelines are followed by sub-contractors
Perform preventive maintenance and repairs on gensets, industrial engines, marine engines, controls and other auxiliary equipment, such as Automatic Transfer Switches, Switchgear and Uninterruptible Power Supplies
- Conduct pre-job hazard assessments and mechanical repairs on engines and generators in both the shop and on customer sites
- Perform basic troubleshooting for all equipment and provide detailed service reports and recommendations on repairs and upgrades
- Use electrical and mechanical testing and calibrating equipment to diagnose and service equipment
- Interpret electrical schematics and wiring diagrams
- Submit accurate service reports, time cards and other required paperwork in a timely manner
- Operate and connect load banks in a test environment
- Perform engine overhauls
Post Secondary Education (Licensed Technician) with a minimum of 5 years of proven experience
- Highly safety conscious with solid understanding of diesel and gas engines, power fundamentals and electrical controls
- Proficiency with Toromont Cat tools and software such as Electronic Technician, Service Technician Workbench, DBS, Service Scheduler and SIS
- Customer centric with excellent relationship management, interpersonal and communication skills
- Self-motivated team player with high integrity, initiative and attention to detail
- Adaptable with often changing and competing priorities in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
- Willing and able to work non-standard/on call hours and travel as required to support our customer needs
- Valid Driver's Licence and clean Driver's Abstract
Toromont is an equal opportunity employer who recognizes and values diversity. Upon request, Toromont will accommodate any applicant with disabilities throughout the recruiting processes, including any required applications, interviews and/or assessments.
Brandt is currently seeking a Heavy Duty Field Service Technician for our Windsor location. This position is responsible for the repair and maintenance of construction and forestry based equipment...
Brandt is currently seeking a Territory Manager for our Windsor location. This position specializes in the sale of John Deere construction and forestry equipment, Soil Compactors, and other...
Brandt is currently seeking a Heavy Duty Field Service Technician for our Windsor location. This...
Brandt is currently seeking a Territory Manager for our Windsor location. This position...