Reporting To: Product Support Manager, Mining
Do you have high integrity and strong work ethic? We are seeking an experienced Operations Support Manager who will lead our Store 90 team of Project Managers, Supervisors, Technicians and Parts staff including an expanded scope of support for operations within Quebec and the Maritimes.
- Model the way for safe, environmentally sound and healthy work behaviours in support of Toromont’s Health and Safety Policies, Programs and initiatives
- Develop, document and implement standard operating procedures, bills of materials and work instructions including TRGs and costings for machine assemblies, commissioning and all non-factory aftermarket options
- Travel to various mine sites, branches and port facilities to ensure successful and timely execution of project deliverables, conduct site inspections and resolve any related issues
- Provide recommendations for capital investments and asset strategies
- Utilize established change management strategies; manage and maintain KPI’s, financial metrics and accounting systems
- Establish and maintain portals and systems for tracking and analytical purposes
- Create and implement communication strategies and rules for operational support requests for the mine sites and our branches
- Lead the Operations Support team in adhering to all Corporate safety targets, metrics and TRIR objectives
- Build and uphold corporate tools and asset management strategies for the Operational Support team
- Manage resources and relationships with the customer to develop and enhance the partnerships
- Actively motivate, coach, mentor and manage the performance of all team members and direct reports
- Ensure employee Training Certificates (safety and technical) are up to date and on file
- Proactively identify, mitigate and implement corrective action for any potential liabilities that may have a detrimental impact on the project(s)
- Review and update Store 90 Policies and Procedures as deemed necessary
- Post-Secondary Education with a technical background and 5+ years experience in project management and/or experience with surface and underground mining equipment
- Highly safety conscious with proven leadership experience in a large service operation
- Solid mechanical aptitude and experience with heavy equipment and strong technical knowledge of CAT products and services, and current marketplace industry knowledge
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills to effectively interact with all levels of the organization
- Must possess strong change management and team development skills with solid and coaching capabilities
- Solid business and financial acumen and a mindset for continuous improvement
- Customer centric with excellent negotiating, analytical and problem solving skills
- A sense of urgency and organized with the ability to adapt well to changing work environments
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications, DBS, SIS and Caterpillar Corporate Web Navigation
- Willing and able to travel and work flexible hours in support of the needs of the business
- Valid Driver’s Licence and clean Driver’s Abstract
Toromont Cat is an equal opportunity employer who recognizes and values diversity. Upon request, Toromont will accommodate any applicant with disabilities throughout the recruiting processes, including any required applications, interviews and/or assessments.
Team Leader – Front End Mining, Minerals and Metals – Smelting & Refining - CAN0009 Company: Advisian Primary Location : Canada Job : Mining Schedule : Full-time Employment Type: Staff Job...
5 days ago | Food/Processing - Commodities and Trading - Business Development/Strategic Management, AgCareers.com, 9 daysPrincipal Accountabilities: 40% - Talent Management • Working with a talent pipeline with effective, diverse leaders who are well trained, engaged, and focused on operational excellence for today...
Company Name: Canada World Youth Project Title: EQWIP HUBs Powering Youth Innovation for Sustainable Livelihoods Start: As soon as possible Working Location: Ottawa, Canada Schedule: Full-time,...
As the Maintenance & Reliability Manager, you will be responsible for the continued implementation and leadership of maintenance and reliability strategy for the site. In this role you will lead...
Information Technology - Ottawa MaxSys is currently looking for an Intermediate Computer Application Support for our Federal Client. Qualifications: Experience: 1. Must clearly demonstrate 2...
Description Job ID: 261784 Risk Manager Bridgeport, Connecticut Regular / Day Additional Job Information Title: Risk Manager City, State: Bridgeport, CT Location: CTBRI 2800 St Vincent Med...
Team Leader – Front End Mining, Minerals and Metals – Smelting &...
5 days ago | Food/Processing - Commodities and Trading - Business Development/Strategic Management, AgCareers.com, 9 daysPrincipal Accountabilities: 40% - Talent Management • Working with a talent pipeline with...
Company Name: Canada World Youth Project Title: EQWIP HUBs Powering Youth Innovation for...
As the Maintenance & Reliability Manager, you will be responsible for the continued...
Information Technology - Ottawa MaxSys is currently looking for an Intermediate Computer...
Description Job ID: 261784 Risk Manager Bridgeport, Connecticut Regular / Day Additional Job...