Full Time | Central Toronto North Toronto West, ONTARIO | 26 days
$74,250 Average salary of similar jobs | Check Salary...
£82,000 - £85,000 per annum
Toronto , Canada
Be one of the first ten applicants
Sheridan Maine are delighted to be appointed on an exclusively retained basis, to recruit this key position of Financial Controller to be based in Toronto, Canada.
This Financial Controller role can be considered as a Project role for 12+ months or on a Permanent basis. On offer is an excellent Salary and Benefits package includes Bonus and a Relocation Allowance. A highly rewarding and truly unique opportunity to join a leading manufacturing company who operate as part of a Global Group.
Canada is one of the most popular expat destinations, with over 650,000 Brits currently calling it home. Toronto has been ranked in the Top 5 most liveable cities in the World, with its multicultural, friendly, safe and beautiful surroundings. Toronto is an international and multicultural metropolis with a vibrant arts and sports scene with something to offer just about everyone.
You will have responsibility for delivering accurate and timely monthly management information to both the CFO and CEO. Managing a small team, this is a challenging and interesting role, which requires commitment and flexibility to ensure results are driven through the team and the business.
- Production of the Company Accounts to UK GAAP within the group reporting timetable along with all MI reporting.
- Preparation of the Statutory Accounts and tax working papers.
- Produce budgets, revisions and forecasts in line with CFO requirements.
- Manage compliance requirements for Corporate Tax, VAT and payroll related taxes delivering reports and Government statistics timely and accurately.
- Manage the Internal and External Audits as the first point of contact for all queries raised and provision of information.
- Work directly with Managers, Tax advisers, Treasury, Internal and External Audit.
- Ensure AP, AR, Cash and Management Accounts process are properly monitored and managed.
- Set up processes to ensure effective data and communication flow between departments, including automation of manual tasks.
- Effectively lead and manage the direct reports providing continuous improvement and effective succession planning.
The successful role holder will be fully qualified and technically strong with a financial accounting bias. A very hands on approach is required, with a willingness to bring an added value approach and get involved in some of the processing elements of the finance function. You will be adaptable to change, able to cope with a demanding role and have excellent team leadership skills.
Skills and Experience Required:
- A member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants or equivalent qualification.
- Financial Accounting background with experience of multi company, multi-currency consolidations.
- Experienced with Contract Accounting, ideally gained within a manufacturing environment.
- Strong People Management skills, able to drive a team forward with a strong team-work attitude.
- The ability to thrive and work under pressure in a busy and deadline driven team.
- Excellent attention to detail with Proactive and Innovative Business Acumen.
- Excellent organisational, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Self-driven with an enthusiastic, flexible and consistent approach.
If you’re passionate about this position or are keen to hear more please click on “apply” above as soon as possible.
Sheridan Maine are working as exclusive retained agents to recruit this position. All applications will be forwarded to Sheridan Maine to conduct a comprehensive search and selection process.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
Shortlisted Shortlist Share job
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs .Report this job
Get Job Alerts
Register and upload your CV to apply with just one click
Shortlisted Shortlist Share job
View all jobs
CIMA Financial Reporting - F1 Online, self-paced £59.00 CIMA Fundamentals of Financial Accounting - BA3 Online, self-paced £39.00 Indirect Tax Online, self-paced £130 View Accounting courses
Close Sr Financial Analyst, Tax Job Posting Category: Experienced Professionals (1+ years) Career Level: Experienced (Non-Manager) Industry: Packaged Goods Job Category: Financial Years...
Position: 4 Month Internship Opportunity (unpaid) Please be aware that in addition to your application through the UHN Careers Site, you are required to follow your School's internal process to be...
JOB POSTING #866482 Position: Business Manager, Procurement Site: Ontario Power Generation Building Department: Procurement Management Office Reports to: ...
JOB POSTING #866999 Position: Financial Analyst II Site: 700 University Avenue Department: Research Financial Services Reports to: Manager Salary: ...
JOB POSTING #866055 Position: Financial Business Manager Site: LuCliff Department: The Laboratory Medicine Program (LMP) Reports To: Director Finance, Diagnostic...
JOB POSTING #866719 Position: Financial Analyst III Site: Toronto General Hospital Department: Lab Medicine Program Reports to: Financial Business Manager,...
Close Sr Financial Analyst, Tax Job Posting Category: Experienced Professionals (1+...
Position: 4 Month Internship Opportunity (unpaid) Please be aware that in addition to your...
JOB POSTING #866482 Position: Business Manager, Procurement Site: ...
JOB POSTING #866999 Position: Financial Analyst II Site: 700...
JOB POSTING #866055 Position: Financial Business Manager Site: ...
JOB POSTING #866719 Position: Financial Analyst III Site: Toronto...