Position: Financial Analyst, II
Site: Atrium on Bay
Department: Technology & Innovation
Reports to: Finance Manager
Status: Permanent Full-time
Salary: $60,934 - $76,168 (based on experience and knowledge)
As a member of the T&I Finance team and reporting to the Finance Business Manager, the Financial Analyst II performs a wide range of professional accounting activities requiring application of professional and competent knowledge of accounting concepts, principles and practices. Performs, with minimal supervision, a wide range of detailed and complex accounting and advisory functions requiring professional judgment pertaining to assigned fund area, accounts or department and ensures day to day operations are carried out in accordance with established accounting principles, policies and objectives.
- Process monthly asset management function: including matching leases (A/P) to charge-backs (A/R) per device, adjustments for credits/debits and prepare monthly charge-back journal entry uploads.
- Work with a large data dump, create & maintain master file for leases and reconciliation of leased assets to charge-back devices.
- Prepare monthly summary report on charge-back by asset categories. Develop and improve process to maintain charge-back records. Identify issues and seek for resolution of disputes or rejects.
- Investigate and reconcile “Unknown” assets to buyout/leased asset/inventory. Prepare exception report weekly.
- Perform complex analysis of financial and/or statistical data and prepares reports and/or commentary for management review and decision-making, as assigned.
- Prepare and review budget and forecast for assigned business area. Perform variance analysis on actual, budget and forecast.
- Liaise, as required, with UHN and digital participants, external stakeholders, etc., to obtain information, respond to requests for information or explanation of financial and/or statistical data or UHN finance policies, processes and procedures, assist in training and provide technical assistance.
- Process month-end and year-end activities, including the preparation of journal entries to ensure reports and statements are accurate.
- Prepare billing reports (by site and project) in order to obtain approvals for billing purposes for internal and external recoveries.
- Perform cross-functional and/or other duties consistent with the job classification, as assigned or requested.
- University Degree in Business Administration, Finance or equivalent
- Working towards Professional Accounting designation is preferred
- Three (3) years related experience in a large complex financial environment
- Experience with analyzing and interpreting complex financial data
- Experience in preparing complex, detailed reports and financial models
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Excel and strong knowledge of Microsoft Access
- Strong working knowledge of information technology control processes and systems (SAP knowledge would be an Asset)
- Strong working knowledge of accounting concepts, techniques and generally accepted accounting principles
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and time management skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as a team player
- Commitment to excellent client service and satisfaction
- Exercise initiative and good professional judgment with ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines in accordance with UHN standards
- Compliance with confidentiality policies
If you are interested in making your contribution at UHN, please apply on-line. You will be asked to copy and paste as well as attach your resume and covering letter. You will also be required to complete some initial screening questions.
POSTED DATE: June 26, 2020 CLOSING DATE: until filled
Posting #: 859779
For current UHN employees, only those who have successfully completed their probationary period, have a good employee record along with satisfactory attendance in accordance with UHN's attendance management program, and possess all the required experience and qualifications should apply.
University Health Network thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
UHN is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.
Are you a driven Property Manager looking to take the next step in your career? Do you have experience managing multiple commercial properties? If so, we'd love to hear from you! Our client a...
Six core values guide us in everything that we do. Do what’s right Deliver winning results Build collaborative teams Get things done in a fact-based, disciplined way Learn and grow, inwardly and...
Close Finance Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis Job Posting Category: Experienced Professionals (1+ years) Career Level: Experienced (Non-Manager) Industry: Packaged Goods Job Category:...
Close Manager Brand Finance Job Posting Category: Experienced Professionals (1+ years) Career Level: Manager Industry: Packaged Goods Job Category: Financial ,Accounting Years Experience: 6-8...
Are you a driven Property Administrator looking to join one of Toronto’s fastest growing Property Management companies? Are you looking for the opportunity to advance and grow you career? Our...
Harv Wilkening Transport Ltd., a member of Siemens Transportation Group Inc., are looking for Company Drivers to pull vans and reefers for our Domestic or Cross Border Fleets. Company Drivers will...
Are you a driven Property Manager looking to take the next step in your career? Do you have...
Six core values guide us in everything that we do. Do what’s right Deliver winning results Build...
Close Finance Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis Job Posting Category: Experienced...
Close Manager Brand Finance Job Posting Category: Experienced Professionals (1+ years) Career...
Are you a driven Property Administrator looking to join one of Toronto’s fastest growing...
Harv Wilkening Transport Ltd., a member of Siemens Transportation Group Inc., are looking for...